Yes, feel free to help out in RVR.

Melachi said:
Wow. I cant believe these people are getting whined at too now.

If you add, people whine at you for adding.

If you dont add, people whine at you for not playing as part of the realm.

And now if you ASK wether to join in or not, you also get whined at. GG!

Yea it is quite funny ;) but tbh i dont help people that are in trouble because of it anymore... either get whined at for adding or not adding like you said :p so i just let them die (call it unrealm spirit like if you will but i just cba with the whine from people)

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Yma said:
Well ... someone in the 5 men group could actually find it fun, it's not like too many groups (8) will leave an enemy solo alive (vs 1). If it's not fun, it's worth rps and that's often enough :)

Solo'ers dont think twice when adding on fg's, but we tend to let those who have a reputation of not adding, slip by with maybe a buffshear or two.

Yma said:
The game isn't designed for only zergs, but it does support and encourage them.
Only time i see a zerg as usefull is when RR. Holding up the other zerg while a good fg goes around for the kill.
If you've ever tried an opted fg vs fg fight you'll see what the fun is. Testing your skill in a "fair" fight is prolly the most rewarding in the game. Ofc it can be fun to farm the zerg and rewarding rp wise, but it can be just as frustrating when you get added on by 3 fg warders/brehons.

aldoran

Fledgling Freddie
adding is part of life

its a ad world. i ad on everything as you all know :worthy: :worthy: but lets think why i do maybe course i run solo sometimes and get steamed rolled bye a fg hibs or albs yes ofcourse i will not ad on them since me adding is as fair as 8 v1, the only mid group that never ads on fights is maeltrom and they rather anoing when they dont do course maybe we fighting more than a fg, btw havent meet any fg albs or hibs who did not ad on fights yet. we tryed that not ad rule for a long time ago with some mid group fighting some hib group then we meet a hib group close bye and then other hib group had killed the other mid group and came to ad on us, so we kinda killed us self bye not adding in the first place. its either ad or get zerged and all the nice comments peeps make when they get added on i for one dont give a shit about em. i can see why no ad rule on 1v1 should count but 8v8 no such thing :worthy: :worthy:

pip

Banned
aldoran said:
its a ad world. i ad on everything as you all know :worthy: :worthy: but lets think why i do maybe course i run solo sometimes and get steamed rolled bye a fg hibs or albs yes ofcourse i will not ad on them since me adding is as fair as 8 v1, the only mid group that never ads on fights is maeltrom and they rather anoing when they dont do course maybe we fighting more than a fg, btw havent meet any fg albs or hibs who did not ad on fights yet. we tryed that not ad rule for a long time ago with some mid group fighting some hib group then we meet a hib group close bye and then other hib group had killed the other mid group and came to ad on us, so we kinda killed us self bye not adding in the first place. its either ad or get zerged and all the nice comments peeps make when they get added on i for one dont give a shit about em. i can see why no ad rule on 1v1 should count but 8v8 no such thing :worthy: :worthy:
nice post from a great gamer, I've done it all :8v8 solo, 5/6 guildies teaming TBH and a lot of people might laugh, but I've stood there, watch loads of 1v1 and not added, never got any thx for it and still get slandered for adding, so it's like this; my experience of all my playing days on this game fooked when you add fooked when you don't I will do my best not to add on 1v1 even if that person has added on me loads beforehand as 2 wrongs don't make a right, but if I'm teamed with guildies we are like fg we need rp/guild points and I will show no mercy so gl all I see you out there.

aldoran said:

people will always add on you, since they remember how much of a fucking zerging idiot you were in old frontiers.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Megarevs said:
Only time i see a zerg as usefull is when RR. Holding up the other zerg while a good fg goes around for the kill.
Ofc it can be fun to farm the zerg and rewarding rp wise, but it can be just as frustrating when you get added on by 3 fg warders/brehons.

There is one more use ... it gives something fun to do for those that don't have the time or patience (or just cba ... or plain don't want) to build an rvr friendly character, or gear it decently and can't stand a chance soloing, let alone grouping.

If the server survival is important, it means that keeping as many players as possible is a priority - and that what the zerg is, lots of players that one day may find those 10 rps kills boring and try to evolve. Isn't a bit tiring to always fight the same groups for weeks and weeks, without some new team trying to compete ?

Megarevs said:
slip by with maybe a buffshear or two.

Hehehe, that's worst than killing them tho, as you'll force them to sui (thus dead anyway and even paying 18g for the pleasure of it or giving away free rps) ... evil shammie you have ...

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
A question i have is why is there a limit of 8 chars in one group and not 120?

Chamie

Loyal Freddie
Worse thread ever...
The only thing that makes this game worth playing is the 8vs8 fights if someone destroys them for me I'd love to give them a hell tbh.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Profion said:
A question i have is why is there a limit of 8 chars in one group and not 120?

Spreadheal would be too overpowered :D

And not to mention lag issues :p

Mousah

Fledgling Freddie
yeah 8vs8 is great...until 10 more stealther popin and give one group the advantage, not all players got the time to do set grps every once in a while and yes im one of thoose i that cant choose when to play and when not to..

i could always join a random grp with a gimp setup and get pwnd every run i do, what a joooy!

or i can add with this gimped grp and have some fun atleast instead of running like a headless chicken for 30 min to find another grp to fight...(and you all know how a gimped grp stand against a regular)

when Daoc first came it was all about hibs/albs/mids zerging eachother with 100+ ppl and am i the only one that think that was fun?(sure lagged shit on my old pc...but i got over it)

Sure was no "skillz" in it but daoc isnt all about skills its much about luck aswell and the main point for me with the zerg was it was fun...

and that is why im still playing this game, to have fun whatever its a 8vs8, zerg vs zerg or 8vs zerg, yes it is annoying to get steam rolled but face it, it wont stop!

it will be fun to see all the whine from the "elite" groups when clustering comes..

and if you see me adding dont even bother writing something cleaver like: "wtf you doing noob? dont add ffs!"

becouse : I really dont give a shit :)

if Mythic wanted to make a grp vs grp game the coding wouldnt be so hard to make it not interceptable for others outside thoose 2 grp...or add a battleground as in WoW to it...
but they havent so just live with the adding...

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
tbh you all seem to have jumped on the band wagon of whineing about to add or not to add/zerg etc.

as far as i can see, tesla just asked that if shes getting the shite kicked out of her ( as in not a equal 1 v 1 ) then help and not ask.

hardly see it as a omg wtf m8s please gankz0r that dude with 100000 people, like u all take it to be ( or wotever the l33t kiddy talk is nowdays )

p.s. yes i preferred OF fighting at first year or 2 beforeall l33t fg v fg talk because it was fun for me :p be rude/take the piss all u like, its wot i preferred and i'll continue to kill what i like :D thanks

Dorimor1

Banned
I can see what Zebolt is trying to say.

8 vs 8, 1 vs 1, and zerg vs zerg make the game what it is and I am sure it was intended that all sorts of battles were fought.

If the creators of this game wanted it be be realm vs realm, 'us vs them' you would be able to have much more than 8 people in your group...

Tumleratin

Fledgling Freddie
want set group fights ? --- play camlan

want midgard to survive ? --- /ignore the spam "stop adding" nonsense and help your realm mates whenever you can

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
Tumleratin said:
want set group fights ? --- play camlan

want midgard to survive ? --- /ignore the spam "stop adding" nonsense and help your realm mates whenever you can
And that would help in what way? Actually I have more in common with the set grp from the other realms than I have with random mid stealthers/warlocks, who dont give a **** about adding.
What's all this "for the glory of midgård!"? Just coz I play the same realm as everyone else doesnt mean I have to help them in any way. I dont enjoy doing countless ml's for all my charslots, and neither do I enjoy seeing my enemies getting zerged over and over again, so they log and ruin RvR for all of us. On the other hand, when it comes to relic taking etc, I will work for midgard or rather for the 10-20% melee/magic damage.
Think you might aswell forget the "midgards united forces"-concept. It's dead and wont be revived as ppl dont feel bound to a single realm. Cluster will even push this further as many guilds have 2nd or even 3rd realm to play on the same server. Which means they can change to the realm which has the most benefits etc.

Liff

Fledgling Freddie
I once added on a fight :(
Oh! And then once we where fighting, another grp added on us, it was...mids! Ehm, but then another time it was albs, and another evening it was hibs. Some time there is no adds from either side.

All those situations rvr can bring you in:drink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom