Yes, feel free to help out in RVR.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
<rant>
Don't stand there like an doofus going 'Need a hand?' when someone is beating the snot out of me. Really, I'm not so greedy that I want all the rps. I can share.

It's sad when people hesitate helping out because some idiot yelled at them for 'adding' (lol) in previous fights. I bloody wouldn't want to cooperate with someone who would even consider not helping out their realm mates.

If you don't want to jump in on a fight to help out, that's fine. Just bugger off and do whatever it is that you're doing. If you DO want to help out, jump in and join the fun. Don't let some arse make you hesitate when your help is really needed. :)
</rant>

Ps. This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but at the general RVR l33tist attitude in RvR that is pretty much destroying what realm cohesion we have. This is NOT an 8vs8 or 1vs1 game. It's an us-vs-them game. Have you mained your enemies today?

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
What Tesla says isn't an opinion, it's a fact (with regard to it being an "us" vs "them" game). :)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
1 vs 1 or fg vs fg are just players agreements. Respecting them is just a question of opinions. Whining about people not respecting agreements they were never asked to agree let alone sign it's idiotic - being so many idiots in the world, you can expect a share playing here too.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
If i ask for help when maybe Blend is under siege then the help will come when its taken. Its unbeliveble how much midgard has changed from when we did the 100 people in 10 mins defence in old frontiers. Well ok we are only 1000 on server primetime when we were 15-1600 before all the toa/NF stuff but we are still aboute 300 mids online and atleast 80% of them got a lvl 50 and should get their ass out there when it's needed. IMO!!!

So next time someone ask for help on /as it should be said to all alliance's within 2 mins and atleast a nice defence zerg should be createt.

poisono

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
In your opinion..

End of the day its Nation vs Nation, us vs them....

Its as true in real life you would expect help from your comrads in arms :twak:

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Kvadi said:
What Tesla says isn't an opinion, it's a fact (with regard to it being an "us" vs "them" game). :)
It's not a fact that it's suppose to be zerg game any more thanx it's suppose to be a fg vs fg game or anymore than it's suppose to be a 1 vs 1 stealther or none-stealther game. All options are allowed and none is right or wrong.

Yma said:
1 vs 1 or fg vs fg are just players agreements. Respecting them is just a question of opinions.
I think that's one of the silliest things I've heard so far, what is it that makes 1 vs 1 and fg vs fg less right than zerg vs zerg exactly?

Yma said:
Whining about people not respecting agreements they were never asked to agree let alone sign it's idiotic - being so many idiots in the world, you can expect a share playing here too.
I can agree that whining on ppl for adding is wrong, but it's exactly as bad to whine at ppl for not adding or zerging, tho most ppl can't see that which is kinda funny in a really sad way xD

poisono said:
The difference being that I can't /release in real life and can feel pain. If I didn't feel pain and could /release in real life, I wouldn't mind dieing rly :>

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh, I played it when Prydwen was down. It's pretty, but I couldn't get into the game, so I didn't activate the account when the trial period was over.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I think that's one of the silliest things I've heard so far, what is it that makes 1 vs 1 and fg vs fg less right than zerg vs zerg exactly?
I never said it was less right, where or how do you read that ??

I just said - correct me if I'm wrong - that the game imposes no restriction nor rules to group formats, and solo or group rvr is just a player decision, as 120 man zergs cleaning bridges from stealthers.

Tough nuts when one is on the losing side, yeah - but whining like a spoiled chav is useless, if one can't stand other people views of the game he may as well log off and save his tearful drama show for more serious matters.

As I read, Tesla is just trying to say 'hey, feel free to help me, I'm not that kind of player', more than whining he wasn't helped - but that's just me.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
xxManiacxx said:
My SBs lastname is "DontAddPls"

Think that says it all tbh :)

I agree with Mani here. When i'm playing Aha, i do prefer 1 or 2 vs myself fights in certain circumstances, it's more enjoyable than just training someone over with a fg (hi pip).

Just because you play the game to vanquish your realm of the scum of albion/hibernia! [/roleplay], doesn't mean everyone else does. Probably why you've got mos5 i guess :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Yma said:

I just said - correct me if I'm wrong - that the game imposes no restriction nor rules to group formats, and solo or group rvr is just a player decision, as 120 man zergs cleaning bridges from stealthers.
No you didn't say it was less right, it sounded tho in my mind that you thught like so many others that it's ok to whine on ppl that don't help but not on ppl who do..

I missunderstood you then :>

But playing in any other way than those things you mentioned as "player agreements" are also "players agreements" since there are no right or wrong as long you don't break the CoC..

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Well some people like 1v1 fights some people don't.

And like me for example i don't add on anyone, unless it's totally unfair like a infil v a healer for example, But if someone like a RR5 SB v a RR5 NS fighting eachother and it's been a fair fight i prefer to just let them fight it out to the death.
Im sure people enjoy it more when they know they have had a decent fight, even though they may have died, they can say to them selves well ok what can i do to make the next fight i have better? and that imo makes people play the game to the fulliest of it's potential.

But just say your getting uterly pwned and need help i will, but if it's a fair 50/50 fight i wont.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
My SBs lastname is "DontAddPls"

Think that says it all tbh :)

All it says to me is that you can't spell 'please' ;)

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
<3 <3 <3 Nice Co-Op meights! <3 <3 <3

Think thats how its written :p

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
In your opinion..

no, the game was made for large scale REALM vs REALM, not fg vs fg, or 1 vs 1, if u want to duel someone u can go find some remote place and agree a time or something (no, thats not against CoC afaik, and ive read it alot :p)

its the 1 v 1 or 8 v 8 etc that make the game in peoples opinions, no opinion needed for large scale, its what it was made for.

if its an even fight, i wont jump in, but if a realm mate is getting panned, i will :p

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:

Tough nuts when one is on the losing side, yeah - but whining like a spoiled chav is useless, if one can't stand other people views of the game he may as well log off and save his tearful drama show for more serious matters.

As I read, Tesla is just trying to say 'hey, feel free to help me, I'm not that kind of player', more than whining he wasn't helped - but that's just me.

thats pretty much what i meant! i just cant find the words anymore :(

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Haroat said:
no, the game was made for large scale REALM vs REALM, not fg vs fg, or 1 vs 1, if u want to duel someone u can go find some remote place and agree a time or something (no, thats not against CoC afaik, and ive read it alot :p)
The game was made for large scale RvR yes, but it was allso made for fg vs fg and 1 vs 1 and any number you can think of.

Megarevs

Loyal Freddie
What's the fun in 5 vs 1? nothing tbh and who ever says the game is designed for only zerg vs zerg needs to get a clue. the game is what we make of it, so if ppl like 8vs8 thats what you'll get. Cant blame randoms for zerging tbh so if you cant compete in that league just join the zerg and get your 10 rp/kill.
My concern is the survival of the server and that's how I like to play the game. Lately there has been alot of mids out, like more than 10 set grps running, and not many fg fights.

pip

Banned
Vladamir said:
I agree with Mani here. When i'm playing Aha, i do prefer 1 or 2 vs myself fights in certain circumstances, it's more enjoyable than just training someone over with a fg (hi pip).

Just because you play the game to vanquish your realm of the scum of albion/hibernia! [/roleplay], doesn't mean everyone else does. Probably why you've got mos5 i guess :)
WTF i fought you loads 1v1 on warlock thx for the rpeees muppet and when im on the hunter i try to get 1v1 with ya and you leg it.But back to tesla /cheer what you say is right if you stand buy whatch a realm mate die your a wanker imo:( There are only a few i will whatch die in a 1v1 as i think they are pricks:p

poisono said:
End of the day its Nation vs Nation, us vs them....

Nah if it was real life Zebolt would claim you were adding if you shot/stabbed/sliced the 4 knife wielding psychos chasing him up the street :p and as for my opinion on daoc... IT WILL NEVER CHANGE! lol.... you will ALWAYS.... ALLLLLLLLLLWAYS get the 1 little guy at the back that will either add.... or stand there and watch you die while asking "need a hand?" remember on excal when i healed some guy that was getting beaten down by 2 infs.... did i get a thank you noooo i got a "fuck you noob i was ok" (he was on 15% life at the time) ;) he got a 3 day suspension in return ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
pip said:
WTF i fought you loads 1v1 on warlock thx for the rpeees muppet[/

Goes my way as much as it does yours, i enjoy a challenge :p

pip said:
and when im on the hunter i try to get 1v1 with ya and you leg it.

Err, thats due to the 3/4/5 others with you, if you want a 1v1 by all means come onto irc and we'll sort something :)

pip said:
But back to tesla /cheer what you say is right if you stand buy whatch a realm mate die your a wanker imo:( There are only a few i will whatch die in a 1v1 as i think they are pricks:p

Although you'll help a realm mate thats fair play, but for those that play it for the '1v1' experience (myself included when playing infil), do you not think it's a little harsh/wanker-like to ruin that for them?.

Would be nice to clearly set out a 1v1 area, now that Agromong is the Fg vs Fg playground.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
GrisomWarshadow said:
Nah if it was real life Zebolt would claim you were adding if you shot/stabbed/sliced the 4 knife wielding psychos chasing him up the street :p
I don't whine on ppl who add fyi :>

pip

Banned
Vladamir said:
pip said:
WTF i fought you loads 1v1 on warlock thx for the rpeees muppet[/

Goes my way as much as it does yours, i enjoy a challenge :p

Err, thats due to the 3/4/5 others with you, if you want a 1v1 by all means come onto irc and we'll sort something :)

Although you'll help a realm mate thats fair play, but for those that play it for the '1v1' experience (myself included when playing infil), do you not think it's a little harsh/wanker-like to ruin that for them?.

Would be nice to clearly set out a 1v1 area, now that Agromong is the Fg vs Fg playground.
TBH your prob a nice person in irl but you alb scum in game to me:fluffle:

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Megarevs said:
What's the fun in 5 vs 1? nothing tbh

Well ... someone in the 5 men group could actually find it fun, it's not like too many groups (8) will leave an enemy solo alive (vs 1). If it's not fun, it's worth rps and that's often enough :)

Megarevs said:
and who ever says the game is designed for only zerg vs zerg needs to get a clue. the game is what we make of it, so if ppl like 8vs8 thats what you'll get

The game isn't designed for only zergs, but it does support and encourage them. It may be a mistake, or maybe just Mythic game idea, but we have to accept them instead of stubbornly thinking they're a crime like many do. The survival of the server you mention, if you think about it, it's about a balance between zergs, gank groups, soloers and stealthers. We all witnessed what happened to population and rvr quality when one of those parts was too scarce or too abundant ... it wasn't pretty.

And there are many less popular format that I find fun, like 2/3 vs 2/3 stealthers fight ... I think it's great that a game can give you nearly total freedom on how to play it ... hell, if I wanted fixed format rvr-style games I'd play GW or WOW.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
<rant>
Don't stand there like an doofus going 'Need a hand?' when someone is beating the snot out of me.

Wow. I cant believe these people are getting whined at too now.

If you add, people whine at you for adding.

If you dont add, people whine at you for not playing as part of the realm.

And now if you ASK wether to join in or not, you also get whined at. GG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom