Yep. We're fucked.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There ain't no way we're beating any of our environmental challenges when humans do this:

There are five breeding pairs of Ospreys in Wales. One pair had laid very recently. Someone came along in a boat and took a chainsaw to their platform.

Honestly, I wouldn't bring back the death penalty for murder - it's human on human shit - but right now I'd happily see whoever did this hang*.

*or maybe put into a form of slavery that means they toil daily to make the environment a better place.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Horrible bastards :/ shit like that just makes me lose faith in humanity.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I would happily chop their fucking feet off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Two: Considering all the other environmental impacts besides litter
. This assessment does not take marine litter into account—so as far as that gigantic problem is concerned, plastics are almost certainly the worst, since they don’t break down on a timescale meaningful to human or animal life

So. If you exclude the primary properties of plastic - that it doesn't biodegrade, that it enters ecosystems and persists for timescales that aren't "meaningful to human or animal life" - plastic bags are fucking great!

Additionally, water use? Yep, loads of water use isn't great. That's primarily an energy usage problem though. But if we source the energy from renewables (and water is pretty much THE renewable resource on the surface of our planet (given energy)) then it's not a long term persisting problem, unlike plastics. Which are found in human mother's placentas.

But frankly, what goes in your bags are more important than your bags.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Wouldn't make a difference considering they're still bringing coal fire power stations online at the rate of about 2 a week.
Their argument is they hadn’t made much pollution for 200 years so its ok to do it now.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Their argument is they hadn’t made much pollution for 200 years so its ok to do it now.

I think their argument is more to do with how international communities are being hypocrites after being massive carbon producers suddenly change their tune when there's an economic threat to western supremacy.

Which many other countries are also saying, which is kind of true, which is why we should be supporting other countries in their development.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think their argument is more to do with how international communities are being hypocrites after being massive carbon producers suddenly change their tune when there's an economic threat to western supremacy.

Which many other countries are also saying, which is kind of true, which is why we should be supporting other countries in their development.
So, in the old days people used to go around clubbing people over the head but I've never gotten the opportunity to do that so I guess by your logic it's ok for me to go and get my club despite it being bad for everyone living now...

Embattle

FH is my second home

As was said in one of the articles, there weren't any real alternatives at the time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So, in the old days people used to go around clubbing people over the head but I've never gotten the opportunity to do that so I guess by your logic it's ok for me to go and get my club despite it being bad for everyone living now...

No, obviously not.

I'm not saying they're right either, I'm just saying that you can see where they're coming from, and completely dismissing their argument is extremely counter-productive to what we're trying to achieve.

Look at Brazil, Brazilian Trump was elected in to stop international pressures on pretty much the Amazon, hence why he's now flip flopping between telling the international community and Brazilians different things.

Personally I'd sack off China and share their industries across the developing world with stipulations - green energy increases and human rights records.

But then again it's a bit late since China are already on track to owning Africa.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not only Africa:

dysfunction

FH is my second home

On the Politics Live show Julia Hartley-Brewer (English radio presenter, political journalist and newspaper columnist.) said there are some benefits to global warming and pretty much insisted there wasn't much to worry about :cry:

And more annoying than that was that nobody made a real fuss about what she said. I was a bit stunned to say the least.

They were talking about the new install of gas boilers being phased out by 2025.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
When I was a lad I quite liked the idea of Northampton becoming Northampton on sea. Not that its a thing any more. But, its a crisis and we aren't moving quick enough.

Had the environmental guy at our last parish council meeting talking about the flooding in the village at Christmas, the small brook that runs through the village (5m at its widest) had 25 tons of water a second flowing through it, mental.

The extreme weather is getting worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
For me it's not the infrastructure in blighty. We'll move. (Although the worry about the inevitable mass migrations will start, and potential wars on the back of it and other stuff).

It's the fact that we're already devastating nature, and climate change fucks it even more.

We could have northampton by sea, but there'll be nothing alive in the water.

It looks like we turn into venus very easily if we change the atmosphere rapidly, without the natural systems given time (hundreds/thousands of years) to come back to a reasonable equilibrium.

We don't make it. I just don't think we're intellectually capable of grasping how fucked we are. Covid isn't even a blip.

Embattle

FH is my second home

fuck :(

Terrible.

It reminds me of a horror story from ADR (transportation of dangerous goods), sometime in the early 70s a lorry tanker was on the M6 and it was involved in a crash which punctured the tank and caused a leak onto the carriageway. A off duty nurse apparently went to help the injured people including the driver of the tanker, unfortunately for her the liquid spilling from the tank was Oleum (Fuming Sulphuric Acid) and would claim her life resulting in her mainly melting. Rumour has it if you do the ADR course you are shown a grainy picture of it, mainly as a reason as to why it is so important to follow the various regulations when transporting the various class of goods under ADR. Just a tip, those orange signs on tankers you see contain quite a bit of information on them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I remember an episode of Casualty with something similar, a police officer pulling people off the motorway and being poisoned and killed by something from a lorry.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The whole world is a complete clusterfuck environmentally. Our whole way of thinking needs to change :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom