Yep. We're fucked.

Scouse

Job-worshipper and all round follower of cunts.
FH Subscriber
There ain't no way we're beating any of our environmental challenges when humans do this:

There are five breeding pairs of Ospreys in Wales. One pair had laid very recently. Someone came along in a boat and took a chainsaw to their platform.

Honestly, I wouldn't bring back the death penalty for murder - it's human on human shit - but right now I'd happily see whoever did this hang*.

*or maybe put into a form of slavery that means they toil daily to make the environment a better place.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Horrible bastards :/ shit like that just makes me lose faith in humanity.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Scouse

FH Subscriber
Two: Considering all the other environmental impacts besides litter
. This assessment does not take marine litter into account—so as far as that gigantic problem is concerned, plastics are almost certainly the worst, since they don’t break down on a timescale meaningful to human or animal life

So. If you exclude the primary properties of plastic - that it doesn't biodegrade, that it enters ecosystems and persists for timescales that aren't "meaningful to human or animal life" - plastic bags are fucking great!

Additionally, water use? Yep, loads of water use isn't great. That's primarily an energy usage problem though. But if we source the energy from renewables (and water is pretty much THE renewable resource on the surface of our planet (given energy)) then it's not a long term persisting problem, unlike plastics. Which are found in human mother's placentas.

But frankly, what goes in your bags are more important than your bags.

Scouse

FH Subscriber

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wouldn't make a difference considering they're still bringing coal fire power stations online at the rate of about 2 a week.
Their argument is they hadn’t made much pollution for 200 years so its ok to do it now.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Their argument is they hadn’t made much pollution for 200 years so its ok to do it now.
I think their argument is more to do with how international communities are being hypocrites after being massive carbon producers suddenly change their tune when there's an economic threat to western supremacy.

Which many other countries are also saying, which is kind of true, which is why we should be supporting other countries in their development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom