Yelling for RR out-of-game? Want GOA opinion.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
that kind of thing will get people banned

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
As if more rvr'ing people, relic bonuses, higher realm ranks and GoA blessings wouldn't be enough advantage.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Raven said:
that kind of thing will get people banned

Just wanna check GOAs opinion, cause it´s been happening quite often now lately. And it´s good to know what you can get away with and what you can´t. For future plans.

/j

Gamah

Banned
Sad really, yet another reason to hate GA, you know adding to the fact they always seem to know where you are and when to add ^^

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Sad really, yet another reason to hate GA, you know adding to the fact they always seem to know where you are and when to add ^^

thats hibs.. for you!

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
hibs use forums to warn ppl since 2 ages .... gl losersssss

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Airalith said:
why is that cheating?

I want to know wether it is regarded as cheating by goa, and if it is, what they do about it. All parameters in how to act in the future.

/j

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Mids/Albs & Hibs on all servers @ some point have blabbed, If GoA/Mythic were to ban these ppl they would have to ban ALOT of ppl & lose subs ;)

Ive never used any source other than in-game, But how many ppl sit on private IRC chans or use MSN or use voice comms etc with friends & just idle while they do other things while not in-game when others from the same source are in-game. Id say almost every raid gets blabbed one way or another as it's virtually impossible to stop, afterall the net is a good way of communication :p

In saying this, a few times ppl have blabbed RR's on public IRC chans where ppl from the enemy realm are also sitting :clap:

Many times hibs on pryd have tried RR's in the past & theres been a zerg waiting for us.. sh*t happens!

But tbh, the RR that Mids did on us that was blabbed on Pryd mentioned in this topic, Hibs had about 2FG's defending ..mids had a zerg & still got ganked, You need organisation as well as the numbers ;)

Bops :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
boppas said:
Mids/Albs & Hibs on all servers @ some point have blabbed, If GoA/Mythic were to ban these ppl they would have to ban ALOT of ppl & lose subs ;)

Ive never used any source other than in-game, But how many ppl sit on private IRC chans or use MSN or use voice comms etc with friends & just idle while they do other things while not in-game when others from the same source are in-game. Id say almost every raid gets blabbed one way or another as it's virtually impossible to stop, afterall the net is a good way of communication :p

In saying this, a few times ppl have blabbed RR's on public IRC chans where ppl from the enemy realm are also sitting :clap:

Many times hibs on pryd have tried RR's in the past & theres been a zerg waiting for us.. sh*t happens!

But tbh, the RR that Mids did on us that was blabbed on Pryd mentioned in this topic, Hibs had about 2FG's defending ..mids had a zerg & still got ganked, You need organisation as well as the numbers ;)

Bops :)
The last one I was in we got to the lord room and you had about 4fg of pbaoers/ani's ofc we got farmed in that corner.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
boppas said:
Mids/Albs & Hibs on all servers @ some point have blabbed,

I dont give a rats ass about that, just want the official word from GoA. Nothing more, nothing less. Is this behaviour ok and tolerated, and not punished, then I want to know so. It will affect how I (and others) choose to do things in the future.

/j

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
A couple of things.
1: Our 'jurisdiction' only applies to ingame. If people say/do things via email/IRC/forums/IM/semaphore/whatever then we can't take action based on that.
2: How do we link the creator of a forum post with a DAoC account? If I create a new login called (for the sake of argument 'MidWholdar') then go spamming on forums about how I use radar, what my realm is doing in RvR and the best places to bug abuse, is it fair for Goa to ban the DAoC account based on that?

Having said that, I think most people agree that having RR details blabbed all over mass communication media such as forums or IRC is a bad thing for the general state of the game. Mostly the moderators enforce this by nuking posts and/or booting/banning the people involved. That however is not something that we can insist on nor can we get involved following that.

What would get you slapped by Goa is if you had information you could not possibly legitimately have ingame about enemy RvR action and started spamming it over your /as or passing it around your friends via /sends. Sending 'Hibs will be relic raiding at 9pm tonight, everyone wake up your mains' to /as would be punishable.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
So, to sum that up.

All realms needs secure boards to do this kind of information.

Just like hib/pry have had for awhile now.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
All realms needs secure boards to do this kind of information.

Not really secure, we can just shout it out everywhere, build SMS-list or whatever. =)

/j

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
was thinking same, build somekind cellularphone warning system.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aoln said:
if hibs can do it on pryd.net i'll do it here

but the owner of pryd.net is a hibbeh afaik... :p think hes alittle bit biased on whats really going on over there :)

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Well that thread was in the wrong section... should be in Hibernian Secrets... anyone having access to those should be a hib... doesn't always work of course. Could turn out to be a boomerang when albs read it and grab the relic then. ;)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
He has only made a post about mids gathering at scath and that it could possibly be a RR , cant see anything wrong with that.
Its not like he posted a week before saying MID RR 7PM 13/12/212121 etc............... , all it takes is for him to be passing by and spotting a load of mids gathering and RR is the 1st thing that comes to mind.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
It's legal. Everyone can do it. Hibs have even put it into system by having secure channels for suchs information.

Thus, as Aoln have said. Expect all RR's to be announced as soon as they are spotted.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
It's legal. Everyone can do it. Hibs have even put it into system by having secure channels for suchs information.

Thus, as Aoln have said. Expect all RR's to be announced as soon as they are spotted.
But you'll still be lame for doing it. Don't expect to get any sympathy when you ruin weeks of other people's planning just to parade your e-peen.

Relic raids are good for the game. Relics changing hands regularly is a good thing, morons who think 'win at any cost' are bad mmmkay?

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
The last one I was in we got to the lord room and you had about 4fg of pbaoers/ani's ofc we got farmed in that corner.

Off topic but..

Nope was 2FG's of us with 3 PB's in our grp & prb around the same in other grp, you all got ganked *trying* to run inside lord room wit no ST/TWF etc & we were jus happily spamming PB @ doorway :)

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:

You're a really sad guy, Gamah. If u want to hate GA, then feel free tbh and I won't feel sorry about adding u whenever I meet u again :p I know u won't believe me but no1 of GA uses and ever used radar; altough we're being blamed for it all the time even by Hibbies. Please first give proove, then blame.

To the pryd.net warning... like if it hurt u but gogo hopes they'll ban me 4tw ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom