Yelling for RR out-of-game? Want GOA opinion.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
A couple of things.
1: Our 'jurisdiction' only applies to ingame. If people say/do things via email/IRC/forums/IM/semaphore/whatever then we can't take action based on that.

What I am finding strange though is that when people asked about in game organised duels one of GOA GMs said it's ok to do duel _unless_ you organise it through another way than in game.
Therefor if you use IRC/Forum etc to organise a duel it's illegal and if you manage to organise a duel in game through emotes and such it's "allowed".
But with this post your saying the exact opposit of what was said then (no idea if it was you but it was a GOA GM for sure).
I know this has little to do with this thread but I'd just like to point that out.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
A couple of things.
1: Our 'jurisdiction' only applies to ingame. If people say/do things via email/IRC/forums/IM/semaphore/whatever then we can't take action based on that.
2: How do we link the creator of a forum post with a DAoC account? If I create a new login called (for the sake of argument 'MidWholdar') then go spamming on forums about how I use radar, what my realm is doing in RvR and the best places to bug abuse, is it fair for Goa to ban the DAoC account based on that?

Having said that, I think most people agree that having RR details blabbed all over mass communication media such as forums or IRC is a bad thing for the general state of the game. Mostly the moderators enforce this by nuking posts and/or booting/banning the people involved. That however is not something that we can insist on nor can we get involved following that.

What would get you slapped by Goa is if you had information you could not possibly legitimately have ingame about enemy RvR action and started spamming it over your /as or passing it around your friends via /sends. Sending 'Hibs will be relic raiding at 9pm tonight, everyone wake up your mains' to /as would be punishable.

just one thing here really, I get your point about not beeing able to prove things etc.. but.

Forumposts usually comes with an IPlog, sure u can use a proxy but: if forumlog and gamelog match, it kinda means one single thing and that is that the person in question that posted and playing is the same person or at least most likely have access to the gameaccount. Shouldnt this be considered enough reason to at least issue out a warning so people get into the head that this is a bad thing to do? :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
just one thing here really, I get your point about not beeing able to prove things etc.. but.

Forumposts usually comes with an IPlog, sure u can use a proxy but: if forumlog and gamelog match, it kinda means one single thing and that is that the person in question that posted and playing is the same person or at least most likely have access to the gameaccount. Shouldnt this be considered enough reason to at least issue out a warning so people get into the head that this is a bad thing to do? :)

what if someone with access to the forum database has evil intentions? if i know his IP i could simply change my own posts ip to his directly in the database...

ofcourse you could say stuff like "yeah but the admin(s) of pryd-forum.fjeijfsiojgioejrwdfsz.net would never do that" but that still doent mean or prove anything towards goa ofc

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Nilmeia said:
You're a really sad guy, Gamah. If u want to hate GA, then feel free tbh and I won't feel sorry about adding u whenever I meet u again :p I know u won't believe me but no1 of GA uses and ever used radar; altough we're being blamed for it all the time even by Hibbies. Please first give proove, then blame.

your ability, and desire, to add on every single fight we've had recently, something albs have been saying too, is very impressive. your only way to win it may be, but you could try not adding on the odd fight, just to do something different

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
your ability, and desire, to add on every single fight we've had recently, something albs have been saying too, is very impressive. your only way to win it may be, but you could try not adding on the odd fight, just to do something different

m8 u don't know what u're talking about, we haven't had any duel fight i'd remember - at least not while i was playing ranger. and I add only on ppl that add on me.

dopi

One of Freddy's beloved
Gamah said:
Sad really, yet another reason to hate GA, you know adding to the fact they always seem to know where you are and when to add ^^

Cry more! :twak:

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
Forumposts usually comes with an IPlog, sure u can use a proxy but: if forumlog and gamelog match, it kinda means one single thing and that is that the person in question that posted and playing is the same person or at least most likely have access to the gameaccount.

Lol mate, since when IP address is fixed? You can have IP address gained through DDNS and have it changed every time you log... or you can fake your IP address without slightest problem... easiest way for example is using linux system, connect to the forum through x other computers and you'll never find the source. Not even saying that it's even possible to exist (even with limited possibilities and many difficulties WITHOUT valid IP address).

You can also think about verifying through MAC address... same situation... can be changed, can be faked.

to topic:
Considering my sister's post on pryd.net... can't say I'm too happy she does such things (especially because we share same account and such a ban would inflict me too... which would pretty piss me).
On the other hand your calling for bans or so is very lame. There was done nothing against CoC. And it definitely is much much more fair then alarm clock relic raids done by mids/Excalibur in past for example. You have no right to flame any1 about posting things that don't break rules... Unless you live in Cuba with Fidel Castro :p

Guidance

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Says the guy spaming about rr's on pryd.net :eek: :wanker:

Wasnt it Ladder who yelled bout it on pryd.net? Think it was, Gamah. I can give u the link to duskwave, but I think u know that Ladder isnt in GA, right? Btw.: Have u ever replied to a thread w/o saying that GA uses out-of-game programs?

Ezeekiel

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Honza said:
Lol mate, since when IP address is fixed? You can have IP address gained through DDNS and have it changed every time you log... or you can fake your IP address without slightest problem... easiest way for example is using linux system, connect to the forum through x other computers and you'll never find the source. Not even saying that it's even possible to exist (even with limited possibilities and many difficulties WITHOUT valid IP address).

You can also think about verifying through MAC address... same situation... can be changed, can be faked.

to topic:
Considering my sister's post on pryd.net... can't say I'm too happy she does such things (especially because we share same account and such a ban would inflict me too... which would pretty piss me).
On the other hand your calling for bans or so is very lame. There was done nothing against CoC. And it definitely is much much more fair then alarm clock relic raids done by mids/Excalibur in past for example. You have no right to flame any1 about posting things that don't break rules... Unless you live in Cuba with Fidel Castro :p

yea I know it is very possible to change the IP, there are even broadbandsystems out there which you can never ever be traced with aswell even without fiddling around with changing IP's etc.

What I meant was, if the IP's actually match (requires a fixed IP ofc and not dynamic, gettin the logs from the ISP is hell!) then it could be a situation where it could be considered enough to at least issue out a warning, not talking ban here since its quite harsch without 100% proof.

And yea Morch, the system isnt foolproof and would require a serious investigation which cost lots of cash and it simply isnt worth it and thus only a warning should be issued. I didnt mean for it to be possible to be used with malicious intentions.

Though it wont happen anyway so might aswell just drop it :) Too costly I think to start investigating stuff over a forumpost really.

Oh and you forget that this is a public forum, flaming is a part of it whether you think its right or not tbh.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Ermm posting on any forum/chatroom about a RR currently in action may not be illegal...but its a completely dickish thing to do. If anyone logged in purely as a result of that post to come defend then that drags the poster down to the status of cheating dishonourable players. Sure its not illegal but we all know that whoever did post or blab is not someone you would respect or admire irl or ingame. Will they lose sleep over that? Most probably not...and that just confirms the type of person that they are.

gustav

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Honza said:
There was done nothing against CoC. And it definitely is much much more fair then alarm clock relic raids done by mids/Excalibur in past for example. You have no right to flame any1 about posting things that don't break rules... Unless you live in Cuba with Fidel Castro :p

Are you kidding? Posting on a forum outside the game structure is more fair than an alarm clock raid?

puh-lease...alarm clock raids may be slightly unfair but historically its been one of the most successful types of attack since we started picking up sticks and rocks to throw at our enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom