Yay we got the world cup/noooo dirty cheating bastards stoled it from us

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ambiguous title so we're covered whatever the outcome :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Do we want it? Its more fun to travel somewhere nice than have it played out in your own backyard?

I doubt we'd get it anyway - Fifa hate us.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Russia does bribery properly :p

rynnor

Rockhound
Cool - 2018 World Cup - sponsored by organised crime and the russian mafia - I'm sure no money changed hands to secure that :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lol, the two most oil rich countries with the least democracy and the most corrupt officials win both world cups. I for one am shocked :)

rynnor

Rockhound
I wanna be a fifa rep - apparently you can buy your way in then sit back n suck up the bribes :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
fucking russia? i know lets play football in subzero temperatures cant believe we didnt get it am well gutted may have caught 3 reps taking bribes guess the other 22 got away with it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Russia is a legitimate bid, football during July will be fine there, a nice temperature to play in, not hot, not freezing. They have massive money invested in football, they just need to improve infrastructure.

The Qatar one is the surprise, that is a LOL you can't be fucking serious moment.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Russia is a legitimate bid, football during July will be fine there, a nice temperature to play in, not hot, not freezing.

Russia at that time of year can be quite hot, especially the south bit.
Moscow reaches 30 C easily insummer, so any more southerly than that might get even hotter.

Danita

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, don't know why the anti-russia thing. Summers around those(much like these) parts is warm, even hot and it's a beautiful country.

Not to mention there's a lot of drinking, easily persuaded women and a very welcoming atmosphere for tourists.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Isn't Russia like, HUGE, though? Would they have matches all over or just concentrate it in one area? I guess they can start planning now, as they only have one stadium actually built.. they can put them where they want. I don't see how infrastructure won't be a problem if they use the whole country.

Could be seen as a bit unfortunate that one of the highest risk derbies on the calendar was played the night before the voting. Still, well done to Villa and Birmingham fans for keeping it civil and showing the rest of the footballing world how we roll. Oh, wait...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Look at it this way. With the Russian mafia running the show there's a chance we'll be able to get tickets :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Russia you can sort of understand, although I have no doubt there was probably a little 'influence' involved, but Qatar?

They haven't even qualified for a world cup, ever. It's like hosting the winter Olympics in Hawaii.

W
T
F?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Could be seen as a bit unfortunate that one of the highest risk derbies on the calendar was played the night before the voting. Still, well done to Villa and Birmingham fans for keeping it civil and showing the rest of the footballing world how we roll. Oh, wait...

you have to wonder if there were parties at the derby game merely to make sure there was civil unrest

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yeah, don't know why the anti-russia thing. Summers around those(much like these) parts is warm, even hot and it's a beautiful country.

Not to mention there's a lot of drinking, easily persuaded women and a very welcoming atmosphere for tourists.

I wouldn't go that far. Russia is not tourist friendly outside Moscow/St.Petersburg (and not that friendly even there - they're going to have to do a lot of cyrillic translating). Dropping all the visa crap will help, but moving around outside the two main cities is a bit of a chore. At least they're keeping the whole thing west of the Urals though so the travelling won't be as bad as it could have been.

Qatar though. Fucking hell.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I am sure the English fans will be happy with Russia, I hear they have some cracking prozzies over there. :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Where can I get a Yulia Nova from ?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So welcoming that the police go round inspecting your documents, claiming they're wrong and then locking you up if you don't pay the bribe... real friendly.

Qatar is smaller in size than Yorkshire. It is the most pointless WC in history.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
moscow has one of the most beautiful metro systems.

Moscow-Metro_station.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Try finding your way around it if you don't speak Russian or read Cyrillic. Its a fucking nightmare, especially outside the centre of town.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
WW3 will probably by well underway by 2018 anyway :ninja:

Marc

FH is my second home
Pepsi bought russia's biggest soft drinks manufacturer a few days before it was announced. Coincidence?

Also, didnt someone on here once post the groups for the world cup/european cup on the morning before the draw was made?

FIFA stink.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
FIFA is one of the most corrupt legitimate organisations on the planet theres alot of talk that they already knew russia would host it they were just going through the motions.

but what ya can you do they are the masters of there own backyard with no one to slap their wrists when they do naughties

as said FIFA fucking stinks corrupt bastards

rynnor

Rockhound
I wonder if any other countries would be interested in setting up a rival to FIFA? Premier League stylee - if you could get spain/brazil/germany etc then FIFA would be stuck with the dross?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom