Yay Boris!!

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
everyones favourite Tory nutjob is now mayor of London hehe!!

that should be fun ;)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
incoming tax increases when the moron realises all his promises costs something called Money,
not that he will run anything he will just be a puppet for the torys

£100 for MetroNet, any other offers?

leviathane

Part of the furniture
cos ken livingstone never introduced like tht car toll thing. :eek:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Haha, you lot make me fucking laugh.

How many of your have been earning a real wage for more than 4 years? If none of you then you have no fucking idea what you are on about.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Deebs seems sore :eek: I wonder what you meant by that comment.. :]

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I mean what I said Overdriven. I have been working under Labour since they beat Major. Have you or are you a student who has just started working, living at home and have no fucking idea what it is meant to own a home and work for it?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Actually, I'm just still a student. I was actually hoping for a proper reply for what he's done, as I only (maybe about 2-3 months ago) got into the whole "London Politics" thing. The only things I hear is the whole "Congestion charge" issue, so I'm sure it's more than that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Then you will understand most people who are bitter against labour. They made promises over 14 years ago, they never complied. They raped the poor and middle class and made the rich richer. They are meant to be the party for the workers. Are they fuck.

Anyway, my gut feeling is that we cant be any worse off under a fresh government like the Tories. Bring them in and let's see what they can do!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Then you will understand most people who are bitter against labour. They made promises over 14 years ago, they never complied. They raped the poor and middle class and made the rich richer. They are meant to be the party for the workers. Are they fuck.

Anyway, my gut feeling is that we cant be any worse off under a fresh government like the Tories. Bring them in and let's see what they can do!

Quite right, its got harder and harder over the last 10 years to make ends meet. Crime has increased, the rich have got richer just about everything is either taxed or no longer allowed. They have embarked on several illegal wars also lying to us about the motives and reasons.

Labour can go fuck themselves, I hope they have such a catastrophic defeat in the general election that they don't recover for years. I am not 100% sure that the conservatives can do a perfect job but surely they are better than the useless shower of lying pissants we have in power now

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It makes me laugh that everyone is voting for the Tories, for no other reason than they don't want to vote Labour.

We don't need a Tory government, we need a bloody revolution!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
labour are more concervative than concervatives tho

We should just get Pete Doherty as PM and Jade Goody to run the treasury and be done with it, after all according to people here they are "anyone but labour" are they not?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I like Boris because...

1) he was not sick in an F-16 like Jeremy Clarkson
2) he beat Jeremy Clarkson in an arm wrestle
3) he always swallows

leviathane

Part of the furniture

tis nice to see someone with the same opinions on politics, hate all how all these ppl still go "but labour and for us working class ppl, you tories only wanna help yourselves and the rich." such bs.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Lin dems or the greens are the only way forward for england sadly

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Lin dems or the greens are the only way forward for england sadly

Like hell they are, they do not have a realistic chance of being voted in, their policies are rather erm, far fetched and unrealistic. Having not been in power they tend to make wilder claims than the Tories and Labour.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
The problem is deebs tories are as bad as labour, both only care for making the divide between classes larger. They are true marxists and dont giv a fuck about us working class people.And as for boris, i still remeber when he tried to makle a move against computer games,saying how they a dangerous drug and blaming them for everything including poorer grades from education and why children dont read. He didnt point out there was a declione before computer games even started ofc but thats what marxists do, they convince the workking class the problems lie elsewhere and not at the doorstep of the upper class.It will never happen but we need some form of revolution to remove this elite upper class ruling system.As long as they in charge we will always just be the peasants used to sow the fields so to speak.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wow. Politicians, with empty promises...and lies?! Noooo... :eek6:

Anyone who thinks that politics actually do anything, need a reality check. Nothing we couldn't get by doing it ourselves or by some random king ruling.(and no im not trolling, i actually think that politics should be disbanded as they are these days)

No party will be better and in ten years, people will probably say this party of yours now, sucks donkey.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I'm actually a tory supporter, I hate Labour for the reasons mentioned above, plus the fact that they seem intent on turning the country into something akin to stalinist russia.

I have worked for the last two years, so I'm not really totally knowledgable, and like many here I have only recently really gotten into politics, but I've always supported the Conservatives because I believe they are what this country is really about.

With all that said, I really dislike the people who are the figureheads of the conservative party at the moment - I find the idea of boris bloody johnson as the Mayor of London a scary thought, and having the self satisfied smirking twat Cameron on this mornings papers only made things worse.

I dont really know enough to make an informed opinion, but I still have inclinations and thoughts on the matter, even if they aren't necessarily correct.

EDIT: the problem is toh - politicians DO do things, its not all as clique'd as it appears in the movies. It was polititians that decide on going to war, increasing taxes, joining the EU and a myriad of other important issues that really do impact our day to day lives. Saying "oh they're all the same!" isnt really true because even though they will all act in similarly in form, thier party doctrines will predespose them to act in slighly(or dramaticly) differing ways in certain situations.

Atleast thats what it looks like to me ^^

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Gonna vote green. Not because I want them to get in, definitely not but it's pretty obvious that the conservatives are going to get into power and the green party having a few more seats would do some good imo...

Zede

Part of the furniture
big business controls who ever the fuck is in power anyway, makes no difference these days who you vote for.

let arthur scargill & jeremy c be the el presidentes of blighty :clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You are kidding me right?

It may be an extreme comment, but no, i'm not.

I'm REALLY considering saying "politics get us nothing, if we count out the foreign diplomacy and such".

I asked today, from a friend who is planning on that career, that what has politics done for us in the last, say 10 years?

the answer was "improve economy, bring some new rights" etc, but even he agreed that politics haven't done anything major to improve our lives in a long time.

I have to iterate a bit here:

Democracy isn't working, as the only democratic choice we have is about who we believe to be the lesser evil, or rather, who do we think is lying the less.

Sure, peopel elect people ito the positions, but the amount of time for something to happen is ridicilous ad often demands some kind of sh*t to hit the fan before the politicians act.

What i think, honest to gods, is that we would be better off with some form of democratic dictatorship. People electing a person, who they believe would work for their benefit without the political channels.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not to mention, that this "we elected the people to represent us" is most often, at max, 50% of people saying "we want this guy". It's not the peoples choice, it's the choice of coercion in disguise.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Toh has a point, which is why we need proportional representation

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I stopped reading when you said that economic growth wasn't major.

Politics keeps the fabrics of an economy and society together. It is the central governing position from which an economy can prosper. The Invisible Hand would not work on it's own - as everyone working for their own benefit would leave a certain amount of people in the dark. There has to be a governing body - politics is that governing body.

It's hard to distinguish what you mean by 'politics' however. Are you saying the government? Or politicians as individuals?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I stopped reading

Stopped reading there.(not really)

If you want to discuss things, then do, but don't dare to ignore someones whole point/points.

I mean goverment, as it's the sum of politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom