Xp Camping.

F

Fafnir

Ok, whats your point of view.

While pulling from a camp, for xp. And you are able to keep a pull rate just under the respawn rate. And along comes another 3 mids and starts pulling from the same camp, and they are there for farming drops. And the result is that both parties pull the mobs alot faster than the spawn is albe to respawn.

So is it right to start camping this spawn when another party is already camping it, thus screwing up their xp.

T

Teh Krypt

If someone did that to me while I was still leveling, I wouldn't be too pleased.

M

mirieth

In my opinion, if you plan to camp a spot and someone else is already there, you should ask first. If they say no - come back later. If they say yes - pull away. It's just plain rude to muscle in on someone's camp. :)

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by mirieth
In my opinion, if you plan to camp a spot and someone else is already there, you should ask first. If they say no - come back later. If they say yes - pull away. It's just plain rude to muscle in on someone's camp. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^

Like he said :)

however, remember the game is for others not just yourself. Camping a spot for hours on end, then getting the hump cause another group would like some action is a bit sad, be nice to your realm mates...

nuf said ;)

F

Fafnir

Well been there for 1 hour after moved from another spawn after being asked by that group there to move. When we asked the group that came to the spawn we where pulling, we just got insulted.

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by Fafnir
Well been there for 1 hour after moved from another spawn after being asked by that group there to move. When we asked the group that came to the spawn we where pulling, we just got insulted.

in that case /duel challenge em all for the spot :)

hey.. thats a damn good idea, in future propose your best tank from each group does a duel, winners group stays :)

B

Brannor McThife

Fafnir, never in all my days of playing DAoC have I seen as rude bastards as I have in Albion. Man, I know now why they always want DF, it's because of their population size. Hardly a level past 30 passed, where I didn't have a group or another necro just waltz into my camp spot and start nuking everything. When asked why, more often than not I got verbal abuse.

People forget it's a multiplayer game and treat it like a single player game.

I never experienced this in Hib, /salute to the Hibs, maybe it's just because there are so few of them. Wait...when Teh Zerg (NP) was on their PL trip, they did zerg my spot in Corus once, but then moved on when I asked them to. Mid wasn't that bad, but Albs are by far the rudest XP bunch I've ever had the "pleasure" of levelling near.

-G

O

old.Gromnir

I can only say this

"First Camper claims spot" or Winner takes it all.

I once got this msg in DF when I was trying to get the last 2 bubs to get to lvl 40 with my old Thane. I wont go into names.

I had been camping a spot along with another guy, me of the exps and him for the seals. We where doing good, spawn rate was fine. Then along comes half a group of people lower then us and starts pulling, and asks us to bug of from their spawn. I got just a little pissed. To make things worse 3 lvl 50 turn up and start farming seals also. Now the half group leave because they are mad at me and the lvl 50 boys for taking "their" spot. After they left I ask the level 50 guys if they could farm seals soem where else, as I thought that farming Sapp's was kind of odd for a bunch of level 50. Was told "hey you can keep exping we are just farming seals" in other words you can stay and take the left overs from the table of the lvl 50.

The point is if the spawn is not big enough for more people then leave it to the folks already there, and bug of to somewhere else. This way there are more happy faces then insult duels.

J

Jamagei

I can't stand it when people do that, it's just rude.

I always make a point of asking, if a group is somewhere and I know the spawn is ok for more than there are, I ask if they mind. If I am farming and I see a lower level group (XPing) coming along I will leave the spot for them (or stick around and buff them (if they need it))

If I am farming (or XPing at the time) and a solo'er comes along and asks if they can XP/Farm here I usually say yes (and then buff them) but if they don't I normally say something to them (and either get abuse or they just blank me) Usually though I just end up pulling as many as fast as I can and try to clear the camp :)

Politeness is the way to go imo, but sometimes you gotta be nasty to those who are impolite to you.

anyway just my $0.02

S

sieben_dapoet

sadly some people dont understand this is a game, meant to be fun for all, and meant to IMPROVE you communication skills by making friends and playing in groups {if u wanna of course}

as said, i make a point of asking b4 taking, or to be honest most of the time i wont even pull, ill move on or hang around and help out in case the peeps get into trouble,

i never feel better then when i'm helping out lower levels who get into trouble.. they say "thx", i say "np" and i go off on my merry way, knowing i've helped another alb {in some small way} get closer to 50 =)

thats my $0.04 worth ;)

O

old.moriath

I agree it is polite to ask if someone is camping and I do this.

And if the answer is no then just move on.

But it isn't a CoC violation as the mob isn't yours till you pulled it. So you can hope that ppl are gonna be polite and friendly but its not always like that. And there isn't a lot you can do unless they start leeching your pulls.

F

Falcon

I just log my 50 mana chanter in and obliterate the spawn if anyone does this to my alts, they soon leave again :p

N

-Nxs-

Noticed the same.

For me, i will never pull from a spot already camped without asking first. People that just barge in and start pulling from a spot where a group is camped is extreamly bad manours.

Yes there is nothing in the CoC to cover this, but its just polite to ask if you want to share a camp spot.

I've been leveling a few alts over the last week or two and have noticed many people who just run in and start pulling, suprisingly there is always one specific pryd/alb guild that does not believe in fair play... maybe this guild have no morals, its really starting to get anoying now.

I could be petty and refuse to rez/craft for this guild - but im not at that point.... yet.... but its getting VERY close.

F

Fafnir

When i pl'd my shaman in spindel i did so between 6 am-10 am logged when people came and started pulling mobs. I just think its polite not to camp where lower lvl's are xp'n or barge in on a camp already camped, i did it yesterday but didt see the two persons who where camping they where hiding behind a tree, but when i got a tell thx for killing all the mobs i started to wonder and ran around a bit, and spotted them and we moved on.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Fafnir
When i pl'd my shaman in spindel i did so between 6 am-10 am logged when people came and started pulling mobs. I just think its polite not to camp where lower lvl's are xp'n

Would be nice to have more people like you. Its really anoying when a full group is trying to exp on mobs, and there is a L50 there powering up his new founded ALT, this has gota be the one thing that really pisses me off.. how are you expected to learn your new ALT's skills and weaknesses if he is just powered all the way up the level grind. Be like Fafnir, if you want to level your new alt then fine, but please show some respect to those players who are trying to learn there characters properly.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Would be nice to have more people like you. Its really anoying when a full group is trying to exp on mobs, and there is a L50 there powering up his new founded ALT, this has gota be the one thing that really pisses me off.. how are you expected to learn your new ALT's skills and weaknesses if he is just powered all the way up the level grind. Be like Fafnir, if you want to level your new alt then fine, but please show some respect to those players who are trying to learn there characters properly.
Seen alot of players in spindel doin just like me. When my shaman dinged 40 i took him to malmo and started to learn how to play him, at lvl 41 i wanted a cave shaman instead but to late
:( Having fun in the frontier dotting albs who try to hunt me down.

And guess i pl all my alts at some point since i have hard time finding groups. 80% of fafnirs play time is solo.

G

granny

Have to agree with Brannor here, it's appalling in Albion. If I had a gold for every time a soloer or group had walked right infront of me or a group I was in and started pulling the very mobs we were clearly camping without so much as a single word then I'd be a very very rich puppy.

There are 2 main offenders: lvl 50's PL'ing a buffbot stuck to them and Necromancers.

Of course not all PL'ers & necros are like this but there seems to be a very strong correlation and it seems to be simply "because they can".

Suffice to say there's a number of people who've made themselves no friends at all with this kind of behaviour, may you reap what you sow.

R

Roo Stercogburn

I've had a few problems levelling my bonedancer once in a while. Several times I've had whole spawns obliterated by someone several levels higher who decides to kill everything in an area I'm hunting that must be green or blue con max to him. Generally, its people with buffbots when this happens, though not always. Normally they grab some easy camp bonus then move on.

Also, I tend to find that groups turn up and sit right on top of you when you are solo and think they have a superior right to pull the beasties you have been camping before them.

Its particularly amusing when they screw up and get a wipeout. I'm afraid if I've asked them to move and they were rude they are left to their own devices - they can bleat as much as they want as their health approaches zero.

MUHAHAHAHA(TM)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Its particularly amusing when they screw up and get a wipeout.

Happened to me once, leveling my healing class in a group when some high level came rushing in and pulled the whole camp.. he did quite well but eventualy died.

The phrase "Sorry your too high level to rez" was actualy correct for a change :)

O

old.Belorfyn

Now when I've been leveling my savage and soloing sometimes, I've found it very annonying when some people with buffbots come to same camp where I'm exping and start pulling whole camp at a time with their buffbot AE spells.. I mean, it's not like they'd get group bonus (since you can't generate group bonus by AE pulling) or so.
If the camp is already almost running out when I'm pulling them solo, imagine how often I get to pull when someone does that.
I think it's very rude to do that without asking or anything.. it can't be hard to notice that the camp is kinda running out already.
Oh, and when the camp totally runs out, they move to next one and and I'm left to wait for 5 minutes for them to spawn.

N

-Nxs-

and when it respawns... the buffbot's return.

Tell me about it !!! it was never this bad on alb before.
Maybe with SI some of the excal players have come over to pryd and believe the server community to be the same ?? pahh

I did try to level an alb on excal, but after level 8 i just couldnt cope with the general attitude towards camp spots.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Well, it winds me off the clock when people do that, worst place during me and my brothers levelling seemed to be Oracles NW of Grall. great xp till someone comes in and wipes them all out for the cash.

A

Aravis

Barrows at the moment seems to have a touch of it.

Don't know if necros can cancel casting or not, but if they can they don't bother to.

Lost count of the number of mobs I've pulled only to see them halfway to me get the 'halo' effect and run off somewhere else...

S

sieben_dapoet

Originally posted by Aravis
Barrows at the moment seems to have a touch of it.

Don't know if necros can cancel casting or not, but if they can they don't bother to.

Lost count of the number of mobs I've pulled only to see them halfway to me get the 'halo' effect and run off somewhere else...

i got a lvl 22 necro and havent been able to cancel spells, i've noticed with the necro when your solo you just keep pulling and pulling like a machine, however if i ever do make this mistake.. and honestly i have done mayb twice at the most... then i apologise profusely, much grovelling then move out the area,

on that note i must confess i made a right **** up the other day in DF. I was in a grp down the depths of hell and saw a char being attacked by a ora or red con {cant remember which}. The char happened to be wearing blue armour {same as the cleric in our grp} so being the nice armsman i am i began attacking the mob.... only to see to my horror our grp cleric appear and start whacking at it aswell :/ DOH

once again.. much apologies and grovelling to the p00r sod who was solo'ing - he was kind enough to forgive :)

X

Xtro

People xp'ing take priority over ppl farming any day IMO. I've recently started going through the level grind again and have been horrified by the amount of people xp'ing with buffbots thus killing the social aspect of the game. My new char is a healer and I was shocked to find even a healer has a hard time getting groups these days :(

Btw I HAVE a buffbot on my 2nd account but she's retired - I won't user her, I want to xp normally and actually meet new people.

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
never in all my days of playing DAoC have I seen as rude bastards as I have in Albion

Good lord you do post some cobblers :rolleyes:

I've been playing this game 12 months now, every day almost, and I can count the number of bad xp'ing incidents in Albion on one hand. Maybe, just maybe, people react badly to YOU and your self righteous tirades :eek:

Alternatively you might just be unlucky.

People are people whichever realm you play in. They aren't REALLY Albion's you know, or Middies, or Hibbies ... they are human beings. One problem we do have compared to, say, Hibernia is the number of people who play in the realm. It means that xp spots get crowded and accidents happen.

But it's not a major problem if you deal with them the right way. May I submit the honourable gentlemen may have contributed to his own problems :m00:

S

Skrad

Well, I think taking someone's camp spot from them is just plain rude tbh. I'm going to be levelling ome alts up soon, so if it happens, I'll go along with Falcon's idea and bring on the big guy and ask a few friends to come play too. Pretty soon, there won't be a spawn left to steal:D

T

tris-

the way i see it, you dont own any spot. why do i say this? because a group of 8 were camping a spot, i was solo and they TOLD me to move, who can kill faster 8 people or 1 person?

:rolleyes:

S

Sharma

In DF, im there farming quite happily taking rocots out in a spot nobody else actually comes to, then a fg of greens barge in, about 3 PM me,"go away we are camping here now" - response "when you have an attitude like that i dont think ill move"

i will not move from a spot if someone gives me bull, however if its polite asking i will move

Users who are viewing this thread