Xfi card and optical cable

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Ive bought an optical cable to go from my Xbox360 to my sound card, XFi Fatality pro (champion) breakout box.

The instructions aren't very helpful, so any suggestions on how I casn get the thing to work.

Im on Vista and I know theres probs with this card and vista so any help is appreciated.

thanks

Kryten

Old Cow.
I'll be as blunt as is useful.

Just about "fat chance" im afraid - however the biggest chance you've got is entirely uninstalling the drivers you're using for it, and installing :

SBXF_VTDRV_LB_2_15_0004A.exe - FileFront.com

These are modified drivers that have been reported to solve this, and a fair few other issues.

Short of returning to XP, I'm afraid that's about your lot.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
what type of cable do you need to link your xbox to pc for sound? wouldnt mind useing the 7.1 suround sound of my pc for guitar hero on the exbox etc.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
All you need is to connect the optical out from the 360 to an optical in, or mini spdif on your pc.

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be as blunt as is useful.

Just about "fat chance" im afraid - however the biggest chance you've got is entirely uninstalling the drivers you're using for it, and installing :

SBXF_VTDRV_LB_2_15_0004A.exe - FileFront.com

These are modified drivers that have been reported to solve this, and a fair few other issues.

Short of returning to XP, I'm afraid that's about your lot.

I do have a slightly older (but supposedly better) creative XFi Elite pro card.

This has different drivers that seemed to work in my old PC with Vista.

This new card came with my new PC and I was thinking of leaving it in.

Ill try my old card first and then maybe try the drivers (unless they are different?).

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom