[XB] Knights of the Old Republic

O

Ono

Out yesterday and getting great reviews all over the place.

Just waiting for my importer to get it in.

W

Wij

Originally posted by Ono
Out yesterday and getting great reviews all over the place.

Just waiting for my importer to get it in.

Aye - Kazaa is slow these days.

W

whipped

I'm dying for this game. Have to wait for September before I can play it though :(

W

Wij

It's really cute how geeky you are whipped.

:wub:

W

whipped

I'm a G33K and proud of it. I will even fit into the sterotypically body shape once I lose this beer belly I've aquired over the past 2 years.

Roll on tomorrow when I get my weights and weight bench.

I even have a T-shirt that proves I am a geek.

Y

Yaka

why use whieghts when yer got the hefty steel battleion twin sticks
:puke:

Y

Yaka

yer had mine ages, played it once or twice, the box is ace for collecting dust thou

L

lovedaddy

got knights now, I'll give first impressions tomorrow

O

Ono

Originally posted by lovedaddy
got knights now, I'll give first impressions tomorrow
Bloody hell! That was quick.

My supplier told me it was only put on the shelf not long ago.:eek: ;)

S

sheepsteak

I'll be playing it tomorrow morning ;)

I'll post what I think after a few hours play.

L

lovedaddy

3 hours in

First off, its very different to most other lucasarts games I've played. And secondly, it aint a dross action game like Obi wan.

Lucky, getting away from both of them things is a step in the right direction. You got teams, classes, skills, level ups, just every other Bioware game. Combat feels a little clunky, as does the item highlighting. And it aint Obi wan (god that game was awful)

Just with every RPG, im sort of put off the idea of playing it for a very long period of time, sort of scared that I'll play for 20 hours, have picked the wrong skill about 10 mins into the game and have nackered my chance to win.

Still, its Star Wars, I'll try and stick it out. First 3 hours impression, very nice, sits into the Star Wars universe very well (tho close combat weapons that cannot be just cut in half by lightsabers, hmm). This should last most RPG/Star Wars fans a good while (it looks massive).

S

sheepsteak

9 hours in

What a fucking game! Its so near to perfection its uncanny. If you completed Neverwinter Nights then the game will feel instantly familiar in regards to things like Skills, Feats and levelling up. There are even similiar quests such as getting to know your party by asking about their past every few levels.

The graphics are nice but there is some slowdown sometimes. It doesn't really matter though since its not all out action.

The best parts of the game for me though are the plot and the sound. Best voice-acting EVAR! All the languages are there too, including the really deep-sounding ones (those sound even better through DD5.1).

So far after 9 hours I'm close to leaving the first planet.

P

plightstar

I can't wait for it to come out, looks great and all the US reviews said it was amazing.

W

whipped

Ok, I don't want to wait for september for this game.

Where can I

a) get a switchable mod chip (So I can still use Live!) and an import copy of the game?

b) Get a cheap US console that can be shipped to the UK and an import copy of the game?

L

lovedaddy

www.baldbouncer.co.uk

I'd try and stay away from the executer 2.2 pros if you can (unless you have a 1.3 xbox) - they are a pain in the ass to fit (they tried to address all the 'issues' with the 2.1 and 2.0s but just, imho, added loads of extra bits that can go wrong).

Xbox chips are relatively easy to fit, any GCSE type level soldering skills will get you by.

(PM me if you want more info, I've done about 20 now)

S

sheepsteak

Whether you do a) or b) happiness is guaranteed. Plus you'll be able to play Fable before it comes out over here. Its still out this year isn't it?

O

Ono

Whipped

Either buy a virgin XBrick and get it chipped by Will at londonconsole.com or just buy a premodded one from him.

You could also try premodded.com

BTW: I find that KOTOR gets boring very quickly if you don't like the genre.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Ono
BTW: I find that KOTOR gets boring very quickly if you don't like the genre. [/B]

Well I love RPG's if you hadnt guessed mate :D

I'm incredibly addicted to KOTOR, 15 hours in already ouch.

PLOT SPOILER BEEP BEEP

Becoming a Jedi, getting control of the Ebon Hawk and being able to buzz off to Tattooine etc (nice to have a choice) is great fun. Absolutely LOVING controlling 3 Jedi's atm. I'm dark - Force Lightning is straight out of ROTJ :clap:

W

whipped

Just bought an Executor pro 2.2 from premodded. I'm a competant solderer and if I do fudge up my box I'll just buy a new one. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, also, where is the best place to get imports from online?

N

nath

My mate swears by www.goblindirect.co.uk

By the by has anyone had any problems with this game? It keeps crashing for me loads :/

Oh, and I've tried fiddling with the clock like it suggests everywhere.

L

lovedaddy

Originally posted by whipped
Just bought an Executor pro 2.2 from premodded.

noooo, not the 2.2. Just my view, but I really did prefere the 2.0s

I'm a competant solderer

Cool, fancy doing a ps2 for me, cos im bricking it ;-)

W

Wij

Originally posted by whipped
Just bought an Executor pro 2.2 from premodded. I'm a competant solderer and if I do fudge up my box I'll just buy a new one. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, also, where is the best place to get imports from online?

Just put in a 120gig HD and fire up eMule :D

(don't really kids. that's stealing !)

N

nath

lol wij. Funny.

eMule.

You ole kidder!

(ng's tbh!)

W

whipped

My chip arrived today. Wish me luck installing it tonight.

Also, I've nearly managed to cobble together all the componants I need to build my SuperGun :)

Just have to buy a dremel and jigsaw from B&Q so I can make the box it will be housed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom