No idea X-Factor

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So i'm talking to ex and she says, 'Hasn't Marcus done well' and I 'm like err?
Turns out his mum is the ex's best mate that we hung around with for years and little Marcus is her lad who I knew as a baby.
So anyway, the poor kid was the only half-caste gay in the village of whitesville, you can imagine the shit he got, made up for him.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I find it hard to congratulate anyone who's ever appeared on X-Factor (which I presume is what's happened).

But then I'm in a bad mood :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
"half-caste"

You really are a fucking dinosaur, aren't you? Jesus.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i feel sorry for him being on xfactor tbh ... and all the others for not having enough brains to leave it alone heh

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Half-caste is a term used to describe people of mixed race or ethnicity.[1] Caste comes from the Latin castus, meaning pure, and the derivative Portuguese and Spanish casta, meaning race. The term is often incorrectly believed to have some sort of relationship with the Indian caste system, but the fact that children born to mixed Indian and British parentage were termed either Eurasian or Anglo-Indian rather disproves this theory. It was in common usage, and considered an entirely acceptable adjective for people, from at least between the mid-19th century and mid-20th century. Today, the term is much more prominent in commonwealth countries than in the United States, possibly indicating that its usage came about after America's independence. Whether or not the term is offensive is a matter of considerable debate, and opinions vary throughout the Anglophone world.
In today's United Kingdom, the term primarily applies to those of mixed Black and White parentage[2], but such was not always the case. In just about any area that fell under the crown's dominion, the term was made use of, and anyone of mixed Caucasian and conquered races could be properly described as being half-caste. As such, it did not necessarily carry any stigma with it. In Colonel Percy Fawcett's memoirs, written in the early 1900s, he describes Peruvian half-caste women (an admixture of indigenous Peruvians and Spanish conquistadors and colonists) in an entirely positive light, praising them for their beauty, poise, and dignity[3].

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ewwwww. White and blue with a tiny font on BW Green :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the term you are looking for is "mixed race"

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Half-caste is also right but most of the illiterate population just say mixed race.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
you cant say illiterate anymore, its reading impaired

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Why is the term "half-caste" considered by some to be derogatory?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
the caste bit comes from the latin castus, meaning pure.

so essentially its saying your half-pure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I'm guessing it's because it's a description that invokes thoughts of colour. Mixed-race isn't.

Yeah. You can't call a spade a spade any more ;)

Edit: Oh. What shag said then.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i was told off for saying "half caste" a while ago, have to use "bi-racial" :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
pure race. the word comes from latin like i said and is also a derivative of the spanish/portuguese word casta (something like that anyway) which means race.

seems a fairly un-derogatory description to my mind, but obviously has become non-pc like a lot of other phrases like darkie, gollywog, gay that used to be fairly commonly used but now get you told off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Gay gets you told off now?

I thought gay is now generally accepted to mean homosexual man? You know. A chuff-puncher, travelling the marmite motorway on his way to pack fudge and burgle turds?

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah but gay used to mean happy and all that didnt it, now it has all those homo-sexual conotations it never used to have.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Basically, they're half muggle, half wizards.

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
I hate the way people feel uncomfortable calling someone's skin colour black. As far as i'm concerned your skin is either black or white, and as the revered MJ said "it don't matter if you're black or white".

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home

Probably because they've been taught and studied issues of race considerably more than other generations, who were taught by disciplinarian racists? :D

Marc

FH is my second home
The fat lad Craig and Misha B are the only ones with any actual talent but Craig has gone now.

Marcus is just like a cabaret singer.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I hate the way people feel uncomfortable calling someone's skin colour black. As far as i'm concerned your skin is either black or white, and as the revered MJ said "it don't matter if you're black or white".
I think you'll find there are a couple of shades in between who probably wouldn't appreciate being classed as black or white.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom