WZWB #11 Game Thread

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'll be heading to the library. I have to check some ledgers for the people in the graveyard, three of you should be fine if you stick together.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Game over man ! game over!

ch3t burnt the house down. Ch3t, uara, Toht and Itcheh survived :)
most of it was done in PMs so this thread has been reasonably dead :(

clocked nearly 700 PMs tho, so people were busy :p

It was a Pyrrhic Victory, you removed the problem but failed to solve the issue within the remit you were given by the lawyers

so GG folks.
apologies for the extra long drag it took :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*looks at bag*
*looks at survivors*
*grab shotgun*
*Shoot itcheh and uara in the head*

So Ch3t, crime spree on this here town? :D

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I'm not with you - I'm at the hospital so you can't shoot me!

Out of interest ... who do I have in the jar?

Mabs

So, can we have ze full story?
the ghost was johnny fitzgerald, hes non-interactive, and only appears once. he is buried in the family plot but has no headstone.
the body in the priest hole is arthur curwen, got himself locked him. there -is- a trapdoor in the priesthole ceiling/attic floor, but its hard to find, and people who go in usually get stuck and die ;)
none of the towns people are dodgy at all

the "thing" in the house is a spawn of Shub-Niggurath, for those of you who know your Cthluhu :p
its essentially a gloop monster that eats anything it can find. it arrived from south america in the chest in the attic, which it grew out of causing it to explode. the nearby field is missing a horse, that it went out to get. it ate the staff, mr cornthwaite, the reporter, and calaen.
it is repelled by, and can be killed by, salt. : cornthwaite was taken from his room: hence the slippers in the fireplace and wet chimney - it cant get past the salt in the door/windows
it travels inside the gap in the walls, and in the pipes. So next time a set of pipes you know dont work start dripping, dont ignore them, Cal :p
when its under the floor, the boards DONT creak.
it lives in the cellar, but moves around.
it can be killed with fire, eventually. it can be killed "normally" if you are very lucky. you missed the huge clue in town tho: he ordered a lorry of salt...tip that into cellar, and its insta win ;)

think thats everything, off top of my head :p

Mabs

I'm not with you - I'm at the hospital so you can't shoot me!

Out of interest ... who do I have in the jar?

if its from the kitchen, residue monster gloop and a bit of cal

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It was certainly a fun game, thanks for actually managing through all of it(pm spam :LOL:), the lack of rules made it a bit difficult at times, but also very interesting.

With the lack of visual aid and rules, it could work even better if the characters had personalities, where some notice stuff more easy, one has a tendency to flip out and so on. Also as Cthulhu style game, paranoia and insanity emasures would work. It also could use more thread-time for the people who are left out etc.

Just some things i felt could improve a working formula already.

Mabs

It was certainly a fun game, thanks for actually managing through all of it(pm spam :LOL:), the lack of rules made it a bit difficult at times, but also very interesting.

With the lack of visual aid and rules, it could work even better if the characters had personalities, where some notice stuff more easy, one has a tendency to flip out and so on. Also as Cthulhu style game, paranoia and insanity emasures would work. It also could use more thread-time for the people who are left out etc.

Just some things i felt could improve a working formula already.

well its lifted from the pnp RPG but i thought having stats, dice rolls, effects, etc would just confuse the hell out of people, so i went on the tried and tested "your success is based on your plan", itchehs plan to not get trapped in the priest hole was epic
likewise the madness insanity thing : anyone who sees the ghost and fails a SAN roll is sectioned for 6months + i just used it to try to convince people to be careful around the house :)

Mabs

the other thing was, apart from a few muppetus moment CAL! :p i was trying to be lenient on the early deaths on the basis that people wouldnt die in the first "lynch" and have to wait ages, but then the game just dragged on .
it was my main concern for such a big game, 5-7 people would of been better, but oh well, it was all experimental, so hope people enjoyed it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom