WTT My WoW Gold for your DAoC Plat

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure how much gold I actually have, not played since WoLK came out, but its a few thousand at least.

The gold is on (EU) Stormscale - Alliance
Will take plat on Hib or Alb - (US) Ywain

Im pretty sure you could transfer it elsewhere without any issues.

Just trying to gauge any interest in this before I bother reactivating WoW and checking how much exactly I have.

Also have numerous high end items (pre WoLK) which are most likely worthless now, but can add to trade.

Pm or leave a message please

thanks

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
Not sure how much gold I actually have, not played since WoLK came out, but its a few thousand at least.

Just trying to gauge any interest in this before I bother reactivating WoW and checking how much exactly I have.

Also have numerous high end items (pre WoLK) which are most likely worthless now, but can add to trade.

thanks
seriously just paying for your wow sub can get you atleast 100p in daoc us :p
if i am not mistaken 28 euro is 200plats

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
10 day free trial/scroll of resurection thingy = free!

refuse to pay £ for plat, the principle of it annoys me ;)

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy
10 day free trial/scroll of resurection thingy = free!

refuse to pay £ for plat, the principle of it annoys me ;)

same goes for me. thanks god i found a way to get some money on my hands :)
i would suggest you to make a spellcraft will help you get 20 p + a night just yelling on /region s'c looking for job. the cost is about 7p or so to get legendary

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Already got LGM SC/Alch but its boring so cba, can easily farm 50p a night doing afrits, but again cba !!

I already have plenty of plat, but trying to kit out our 8man (and my alts) can soon get pricey. So just need more!

Afran

Part of the furniture
If only you had that gold on Turalyon-EU instead & my DAoC was active ^^

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Its quite easy to get cross server trades on WoW.
And there is a 10day "welcome back" on DAoC accounts :p

I have checked my chars and seems I have about 3000 Gold, and shit loads of pre WoLK Herbs/Cloth/Enchants etc..

Some of the gold is actually on Frostwhisper (EU) Alliance also.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I seriously doubt there's a 10 day welcome back for free when I cancelled subs about 2 months ago :) I wouldn't have any plat on Hib anyway, but Alb/Mid on Devon, and mostly in form of items, dragon items, dragonscales etc.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Think it has to be inactive for 3 months before you get 10 free days.

Oh well.

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Xan were you involved with the guild Armiger et Dementis at any point in your DAoC past, your name rings a bell

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Xan were you involved with the guild Armiger et Dementis at any point in your DAoC past, your name rings a bell

Aph3x were you involved with the guild Cajun Squirrel Clan at any point in your DAoC past, your name rings a bell

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Aph3x were you involved with the guild Cajun Squirrel Clan at any point in your DAoC past, your name rings a bell

I think I was, that was the bestest guild this game has seen, were you also in it? Dont know who the fuck you are to be honest!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think I was, that was the bestest guild this game has seen, were you also in it? Dont know who the fuck you are to be honest!

Yeah I am in the guild too!

Aph3x take people and leave the city its time I have to kill the enemys and make evil go away from here forrest of time.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie

Yeah I was in AeD.
We merged from another guild (Obsidian Order)
Eventually all fell apart and majority of us joined Vengeance.

Currently playing US DAoC with Jesta/Avindar/Narc (GM of AeD)

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
Jesus, havent heard those names in years, I was in the forming group of AeD, way way back. Cant remember what the toon was called tho, also used to play CS for them before daoc came along.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah played TFC with Jesta in Armed & Dangerous briefly in the Wireplay TFC League.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

thanks

i'd be careful with this tbh. theres no way Blizzard can know its plat for gold trade, and they will assume its a RL money trade if they catch on.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Haven't Blizzard all but given up policing real money trades?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When I left it was rampant, same as the botters. They made a big fuss about banning a few thousand account then a few weeks later there are even more, the same account using bot programs, still about weeks after being mass-reported.

Blizzard have basically failed to control botting

Afran

Part of the furniture
Blizzard have basically failed to control botting

Have you played recently?

At least on my server I haven't seen a single bot the last 3 months I've been back.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Haven't Blizzard all but given up policing real money trades?

hard to say really as they aint exactly open with it anymore.

they may not be as anal about it like they used to be, but i dont think they have given up.

tbh Blizzard should do what CCP does, sell game cards and allow them to be traded for gold via their own site, it probably wont get rid of the old RMT's but it will certainly piss them off, and thats always a good thing.

/edit: hell they could even have a fixed price on how much gold they are worth thats atleast as cheap as the RMT's gold just to be really competitive with it and piss them off even more.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

At least on my server I haven't seen a single bot the last 3 months I've been back.

no they dont bot much now. they just hack accounts or just buy it themself now.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
it isnt any more grindy then lets say DaoC RR grind, probably one hell of alot less tbh.

or WAR's rr grind, or any other MMO that have a endgame.

only difference with WoW and everything else is that in WoW you dont end up doing the exact same thing for 10 years straight like in DAoC's rvr :)

blizzard is a pve game despite what they are trying to do with that stupid arena server of theirs, and with that in mind theres very few games that even gome close, every pve instance is a challenge and most of them are different enough so you dont feel like you've done it before.

but their pvp is utter shit, but for some stuopid reason i kinda like it.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Anyone who considered realm rank's a "grind" probably shouldn't have played DAoC :/

But it is, the rvr is fun, however until your group has decent RAs, you will lose to some groups due to this.

RR1-5 is Zzzzz, running CC classes without purge3, or light tanks without charge/det, casters without PD etc

I hate it when my rl friends reroll as it means a new leech to carry for a few realm ranks, it's a grind.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
"it isnt any more grindy then lets say DaoC RR grind, probably one hell of alot less tbh."

No.

With a guild behind you, you can get lvl50, ml10, cl10, with template made and finished in under 24 hours. Compared to how it used to be, RPs are really fast so getting rr5 isn't particularly hard (admittedly the server is zergy as hell atm which doesn't help).

In WoW it's designed so that it would be impossible to do something similar due to random BoP loot, dungeon lockouts and so on. Also by the time most players have 3/4 of a set blizzard introduce a new one. IMO the difference between rr5 and rr10 in daoc is small compared to a tier of gear + full top end gems & enchantments in WoW, especially for melee classes.

Also WoW's PvP is just shit, Arena is a pale shadow of Guildwars and the BGs are very samey, and if you're in a really good premade they're also really boring because there's no challenge vs randoms and people would rather queue dodge other premades.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I played up until about two months ago, wintergrasp is packed full of people bot mining and going under the terrain to harvest nodes, from speaking to WoW guildies they are still at it. From looking on the WoW forums its on pretty much every server.

Afran

Part of the furniture
I played up until about two months ago, wintergrasp is packed full of people bot mining and going under the terrain to harvest nodes, from speaking to WoW guildies they are still at it. From looking on the WoW forums its on pretty much every server.

Meh well I haven't seen a single bot & I whored mining myself for almost over a week and did not see a single one even then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom