WTS Gov

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
had gov for 42 p on CM, and it went just now, not my intention to sell it there, never changed price on it b4 starting auction :(

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
actually u have written the longest post ronso....and its not a bid:p
But i understand what u trying to say, and i know what the others are trying to say too:)
Im just expressing my discust for something that is priced over other items.....not cause its harder to get rather cause there are so many wanting to camp it. For example.....im working...have a gf...im 29 years old...i train thaiboxing and go gym several days a week. And still try and squeese in time to play as much as i can. I have played game for several years and have a good group of 50 characters etc. Nonetheless i would call myself a casual player. If someone like me would try and get GoV for example i just wouldnt have enogh time for that, i rather spend time money on items i can afford or can get easier with my guild etc. Since toa came i have never had the time or bothered to even try to camp it...cause i know it is always someone there....puting their alt there...or leaving somone there. That is pretty frustrating imo...especially when u know some people have farmed it many times cause they are younger and have no job etc etc. And whats also bugging me is that before toa and all this kinda cash started flowing people made deals that was a lot more fair.....and they could share camps and spots....now this seems impossible. A guy who has farmed GoV or some other artifact 10 times still stand there and claims the artifact over and over just to make cash^^. Whats that about tbh?....isnt this suppose to be a rpg from beginning?....its turning more and more to Monopoly imo. Money money farm farm....compete compete...
With mad tales i can really understand people are selling them more for higher amount of money. Cause that are reflecting more the amount of time and how hard it is to farm them. Also one would think a person that have all that amount of cash that u guys have and are talking about, could be more helpfull to those who dont. Witch would also help the realm as a whole cause some may complete their template etc and be ready for rvr. But no...its just more and more and more they want.....greed imo. This is just a game ...thats suppose to give people a good time and enjoy with other players. Stop making profit of other players and help out more, if u have all u need allready.
Thats my opinion...and my last post in this thread.
sorry for using ur post m8 btw..
over and out.

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Gesp said:
most ppl can't ML-PL 3+ chars like you mate, sorry.

- noone has to be in CF and stand inactive a whole raid with their guild group, just 1-2 of the group fighting and rest stuck to them (yes i've seen that, even had screenies, but didnt bother posting em) and noone realizes, or bothers/dares sayin nothin.
- noone has to/can afford dual comps, and i -unfortunately- didnt ever have a gf knows more than using icq.
- if smart means leechin other ppl's efforts to farm tons of plats, im happy as i am, at least i have everything i need on my chars, dont need to be a git just for stocking more and more.

kkthx.

If you would know how friendly and helpfull Mithryn is I don't think you would talk such things. He was always the first to help ppl who needed something crafted or to buy something or whatever. Heck, he offered to give me some rare items for my template just for the sheer thought he'd had helped me getting out of the gutter so to speak.

You're probably gonna say : Bullshit. He only helped you cause you're in CF aswell etc etc.
Then I'd have to say He did alot for the realm aswell.(raids for one).
I don't know your characters so I can't comment on you but it's rather harsh picking on him just because he puts a lot of time in DAoC. I simply can't see how you can call him a leecher.

/rant out

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I know what your saying fella :( Its hard to get money when time isnt on your side..I have some balance..

Work 43 hours a week in a tough managment position and do work from home too and had girlfriends and clubbing/cinema etc etc and it goes on ..
Tbh recently Ive put in a serious amount of playtime to get where im going and ive made sacrifices all round on most fronts ..especially the gym ;)

But hey ..do what you want to , if u want that much money and be able to afford a gov whenever ure in the mood for it then u gotta give some things a miss,if you want the advice - dont give the things a miss and keep at your pace..

your life sounds better than mine ..It aint about a mouse and a keyboard..

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
Gesp said:
most ppl can't ML-PL 3+ chars like you mate, sorry.

1. Is that their fault? They pay for it and want to, its their choice.

- noone has to be in CF and stand inactive a whole raid with their guild group, just 1-2 of the group fighting and rest stuck to them (yes i've seen that, even had screenies, but didnt bother posting em) and noone realizes, or bothers/dares sayin nothin.

2. Most of the raids i've been on have been made ALOT easily due to people bringing other accounts, such as BB/FOPs. Mith/Porrenn have brought theirs along which has aided a raid, not hindered it.

The Group raids which they go on, are normally setup by them (AFAIK) and so its their group/their rules.

- noone has to/can afford dual comps, and i -unfortunately- didnt ever have a gf knows more than using icq.

3. See 1. and its the way the buttered bread falls..

- if smart means leechin other ppl's efforts to farm tons of plats, im happy as i am, at least i have everything i need on my chars, dont need to be a git just for stocking more and more.

4. See 2. and for the "git just for stocking more and more" they sell the goods they've farmed to make money. If they didn't farm those goods then there's less decent drops to go around the realm, even if the prices are fairly high. At least the option of buying the items gives you a better chance of completing your template than a 1/100000 chance of the drop falling on the raid you happen to be on and then winning it in the lotto afterwards. As far as know, if it wasn't for these two farming there would be bugger all quantities of high ml drops for sale, hell i don't wanna go on 1000 ml7/8/9/10 raids to have a chance of an item dropping, i'd prefer to farm for a fixed amount of time, earn the cash then buy it.

At the end of the day, if you could (farm with the right ml farming chars) you would, or you would be happy with the items you got and would get on with the game. The expansion and more so this gaming culture/server requires you to have decent items to stand a fairer chance. If you didn't believe in that I'd doubt you'd be looking at these forums and would come under the "random noob epic warden/brehon zerger etc etc" or a more fitting description of "causal gamer".

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
First of all I'd like to say thanks for the kind words there, I'm glad we're not bringing just negativity to the realm for being here.

Then, I'll also say guilty as charged when it comes to bringing more than one char to a raid, making more than 1 char in our group being "inactive". However, that char is usually an animist (how else would we have taken 5 animists past ML8), a druid (I heal just as well with my lefthand as I do with my righthand), a warden (again, healing/PBT/resists/speed) or a bard (yes, 2 bards with crocring at level 10 to help out bard-less raids the past weeks). Inactive chars unless they are needed, and I know some of them have made a difference more than once. But yes, you're right, at times I have played even 3 chars in one group in one raid, but that group is ALWAYS lead by Porenn or me, and added people to fill up. Hardly something to jeopardice the health of the raid.

Gesp, I didnt say you had to do this alone, get 2-3 friends to come help, 2-3 friends with the right classes, and you can farm whatever you want and make how much money you want without taking too much time. You're the one thats turning it into "not everyone can have ... can do ... " so on, its not a law playing with other people to get the required classes to do stuff. We will keep doing stuff in small closed groups as long as we CAN do it, there is nothing wrong with it. Btw, leave CF out of this, me being a member of CF or random guild nr 664 have nothing to do with it.

Ebenezer: 5 animists + FOP druid with buffs, farm Chan and the two other guardians. This can also be accomplished by one manachanter with a FOP druid with buffs, just takes a hellowa lot longer. Nelos, Feathered Wrap, farm him with 2 animists, 1 bard, 1 druid with FOP, hardly a setup hard to copy. ML10, farm it with 5 animists and 3 druids with FOP (granted you will need more power now with 1.70 FOP nerf).

This thread went completely off topic and I guess I was just as much accomplice as the next person doing it. My original intent in posting was just to say that money in daoc comes fast if you want it to and put in the time, so selling items expensive is not unreasonable.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Mithryn is very nice person, good player and helpful, he got the power to farm and knows how to do it. i got a great of respect for him ;-D

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Everytime I check out Mythrib's houses and its CM's I just drool of all the cool stuff he and his girlfriend have. Wicked stuff!

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
hehe.....said i wouldnt post one more but i wanted to say something nice before i closed my post:)
Thanx mythrin for coming with some nice advice at least:)..could do some of that ur sugesting. % anis would be hard though with eel atm....guild is all good friends but we have trouble getting 1 fg together of any setup atm:p
But thanx for the advice.
To yurka: well....sorry to disapoint u...im a casual player. And Ebenezer still have epic but rocks anyhow:)
But ofc im intrested in getting good stuff. Not really to compete , just to be able to survive 5 secs more..makes game little more fun. Other then that i dont care very much.
To ronso: hehe...yeh...life is ok atm:)...trying to find a good balance of things isnt easy....but it works.
over and out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom