Wtf In Thid Ffs!!!

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yeah because albs invented adding...

or maybe it's just this "not adding" is some bullshit made up by people with buffbots/twinked out chars that didn't like the idea of someone either beating them or sharing their rps ;) and it's been picked up by a few and turned into some perfect goal of RvR.

Fair fights are nice and all but they only happen once in a blue moon..

You can be pretty sure that the person whining at you for "adding" will be leeching off your next kill, zerging you with 4 mates or whining that you didn't help when he died ;)

If you want to strive for just fair fights feel free to do so but don't go inflicting your morals on anyone else.

lol, Flim you should actually read my thread, think I said pretty much the same in other words. :p

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Well, usually i am not too bothered about zergs, most of the time they are an inevitable part of the game (IF one realm camps a TK, its *very* likely a zerg will come out, because they are all stuck until they have enough to make it out, this goes for any other bottleneck too).

But over the weekend was getting a bit silly... I spent some time solo with my level 20 scout, but couldn't kill anything because all that was running around was hib groups with 5 or more people in them. So i switched to merc, figured i'd go round and see if anyone would want a duel or two. No such luck, i might ask Xphy nicely if he'll post the screenshot of my solo merc being jumped on by well in excess of 12 hibs. That kinda sucked :-S

I can understand how most zergs happen, but when i see at least 12 hibs running together, and there are a grand total of... 10 albs in thid (This was 3 buffbots, 3 solo stealthers, myself (solo), and 3 other randoms ) this seems a bit fucking silly.

[Edit] This was Sunday afternoon/evening, and there wasn't a mid in sight other than a couple of hunters, until they came out as somewhere near a fg, but got hammered by hibs a few times. Until hibs logged, and we finally got a few nice fights.

Was a good fight actually, me, clickthere, flazhed, quiblet and a heretic dropped 17 enemies in one fight in the water near mid bridge, loved it :) But hibs had mostly logged by then, so we fought a mixture of mids and hibs :)

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
Well, usually i am not too bothered about zergs, most of the time they are an inevitable part of the game (IF one realm camps a TK, its *very* likely a zerg will come out, because they are all stuck until they have enough to make it out, this goes for any other bottleneck too).

But over the weekend was getting a bit silly... I spent some time solo with my level 20 scout, but couldn't kill anything because all that was running around was hib groups with 5 or more people in them. So i switched to merc, figured i'd go round and see if anyone would want a duel or two. No such luck, i might ask Xphy nicely if he'll post the screenshot of my solo merc being jumped on by well in excess of 12 hibs. That kinda sucked :-S

I can understand how most zergs happen, but when i see at least 12 hibs running together, and there are a grand total of... 10 albs in thid (This was 3 buffbots, 3 solo stealthers, myself (solo), and 3 other randoms ) this seems a bit fucking silly.

[Edit] This was Sunday afternoon/evening, and there wasn't a mid in sight other than a couple of hunters, until they came out as somewhere near a fg, but got hammered by hibs a few times. Until hibs logged, and we finally got a few nice fights.

Was a good fight actually, me, clickthere, flazhed, quiblet and a heretic dropped 17 enemies in one fight in the water near mid bridge, loved it :) But hibs had mostly logged by then, so we fought a mixture of mids and hibs :)
I can just about sympathise with u guys as there has been loadsa hibs about thid for a good few days now so it must be getting a wee bit crap bein zerged all the time. Each of the realms have their periods of dominance but ive had my solo ass kicked by zergs so often in all the bgs........but then i am crap......

But this fair fight stuff 1vs 1 not likely to happen, do u ever have a fair fight in somewhere like thid??? even if its a 1vs1? not all of us have buffbots, arti's etc so are simply not as powered up as others. fact is in thd its chaos a lot of the time many peeps will not stand by and watch a fellow realmer fight to the death against a opponent they will just wade in!

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
ijm770 said:
I can just about sympathise with u guys as there has been loadsa hibs about thid for a good few days now so it must be getting a wee bit crap bein zerged all the time. Each of the realms have their periods of dominance but ive had my solo ass kicked by zergs so often in all the bgs........but then i am crap......

But this fair fight stuff 1vs 1 not likely to happen, do u ever have a fair fight in somewhere like thid??? even if its a 1vs1? not all of us have buffbots, arti's etc so are simply not as powered up as others. fact is in thd its chaos a lot of the time many peeps will not stand by and watch a fellow realmer fight to the death against a opponent they will just wade in!

aye, there aint any such thing as a 'fair' fight... But 1 vs 1's are nice when its too melee classes just having a good ole' scrap. Personally, i mostly leave 1 on 1 fights, but its up to everyone else if they want to or not, don't bother me either way.:)

Aetius

Fledgling Freddie
I can understand the frustration of zergs... This is getting more and more common problem, and for thid there will in the future be some changes to prevent this. Among other things, there will be arranged picnics on the top of CK for all three realms. Here we can gather and discuss things in languages we dont understand. I ll bring a basket of fruit, BrokenInfil can shoot a deer perhaps for some bbq (prolly gonna need a firewizzy)? It will all be peaceful, no whines, and a blast. We ll play some decks of cards, do some randoms... hugs and other emotes... whatcha think?

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Aetius said:
I can understand the frustration of zergs... This is getting more and more common problem, and for thid there will in the future be some changes to prevent this. Among other things, there will be arranged picnics on the top of CK for all three realms. Here we can gather and discuss things in languages we dont understand. I ll bring a basket of fruit, BrokenInfil can shoot a deer perhaps for some bbq (prolly gonna need a firewizzy)? It will all be peaceful, no whines, and a blast. We ll play some decks of cards, do some randoms... hugs and other emotes... whatcha think?

Naa the guards dont like that. Ebil guards they are.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
gonna be interesting to see the zerg if pryd/exca clustered xD

I don't mind though , only thing that bothers me are the fotm vampiirs >.<

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Aetius said:
LOL sounds good, might need a few bolts with xbow to take those pesky deers down tho, they have hp pool like u wouldn't believe :p

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
lol now check tonight to see if any albs moan they got ck =zerg time

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
aye i was the only one in thid yesterday and got chased almost the whole way across the zone by well over a fgh twice. once i managed to avoid combat long enough to stealth & once i died.

no point in staying there so i logged and did something else for a while. guess the hibs got bored with nothing to kill n most of em logged. coz when i came back later it was much more evenly spread and there were some decent fights in and around ck and on hb :D

posting on here aint gonna change anythin m8, just do summit else for a while i suppose, and hope that when u go back later the situations different. yeah theres alot of hibs in thid at this time but it has been the same with all realms at different stages.

p.s. that aint a flame at the hibs, ofc i expect u to try kill me and not let me escape, before anyone says QQ/someone got pwned, or any of the other usual shit :eek:

tbh m8 the way u been playing the last few nights would have taken a fg to kill you!! bloody hard to kill!!! lost count the number of times u kicked my vamps ass :mad:

Amel

Fledgling Freddie
make a scout :) if u have any idea how to be sneaky then youll have loads of fun picking 1 hib out of a fg and killing it :p stealth classes rule when its too zergy to play with visible classes :p

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
ijm770 said:
tbh m8 the way u been playing the last few nights would have taken a fg to kill you!! bloody hard to kill!!! lost count the number of times u kicked my vamps ass :mad:
:) hehe thanx m8, whos your vamp? i keep an eye out for ya for a /hug :D

also just like to say /bow to the fgh who didnt gank me after i just finished fighting a vamp @ the mid beetlebog this evening. dont know the names of u all, but the group included Frozenblocks and Crushin :wub:

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
yeah because albs invented adding...

or maybe it's just this "not adding" is some bullshit made up by people with buffbots/twinked out chars that didn't like the idea of someone either beating them or sharing their rps ;) and it's been picked up by a few and turned into some perfect goal of RvR.

Fair fights are nice and all but they only happen once in a blue moon..

You can be pretty sure that the person whining at you for "adding" will be leeching off your next kill, zerging you with 4 mates or whining that you didn't help when he died ;)

If you want to strive for just fair fights feel free to do so but don't go inflicting your morals on anyone else.

You, sir, will never understand the concept of fair rights. It isn't about getting less rps or getting killed, it's about having a fight where both parties have to play to their best. If you win it feels rewarding, if you loose you just had a nice fight and try again.

But I gues it must be alot more fun to add, target some random enemy and spam that nuke button...

And don't talk about inflicting morals on anyone else when you're doing it yourself :p.

Acetylsalicylic

Fledgling Freddie
lol @ this thread i only come in this section to see if anyones flaming me cause i rox :wij: and an hour passes before i know it.

Flimgoblin said:

Nothing more to be said here me finks... One thing i will remind joo is half if not more gotta be pydwen, otherwise id be farming seals by now.

polza

Loyal Freddie
ijm770 said:
lol now check tonight to see if any albs moan they got ck =zerg time

Nahh it was sprint from apk to ck and never come out, so we came in :flame:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kcinimodus said:
You, sir, will never understand the concept of fair rights. It isn't about getting less rps or getting killed, it's about having a fight where both parties have to play to their best. If you win it feels rewarding, if you loose you just had a nice fight and try again.

But I gues it must be alot more fun to add, target some random enemy and spam that nuke button...

And don't talk about inflicting morals on anyone else when you're doing it yourself :p.

I understand perfectly the concept of fair fights not that you ever get any (I've had a fair few _close_ fights which are cool, when your enemy kills you on 5% it's kinda frustrating but you know that you just need to play that little bit better to win or if you just beat them you think 'I got lucky...' - course you then spend the next 4 hours meeting gank groups, stealth groups and never find whoever you were fighting again - I bought second wind so I could try and kill shamoth but the only time I've seen him since was with a fg hibs camping boldiam docks)

I solo with a smite cleric and a RR2 fecking crossbow-spec armsman... against RR7+ enemies but still get hit by fgs, duos, trios, 5 stealthers at a time - CONSTANTLY.

But hey it's part of the game you won't see me whining my bollocks of on FH about it - /duel is about the only way to get a fair fight at 50 :p if you solo you have to accept that. If you run a FG the only way to get a "fair fight" is to avoid places like bledmeer bridge or boldiam docks, yet that's where I see the fg gank groups.

in the BG's you have people with overcapped RPs, SC suits and buffbots running around looking for solo fights and shouting at adders - hello! wake up and smell the twinkage.

Fighting in Braemar there were always more albs (about 6) than mids(about 4)/hibs(1 or 2) - I'd sit down and refuse to fight half the time because my groupmates were doing fine as it was.

What I won't do is swear my fucking head off at people that add or preach on and on about how adders screw up the game whilst flattening soloers with a fg. I might think "bah, that was gonna be a close one" if someone joins in but I'll get over it :p

I play the game as it's intended - I may choose not to join in a fight if it looks like a fair one however I'd much rather help out my realm mate than leave them to get gibbed by some twink. I'm not gonna respond nicely to someone screaming DONT ADD FFS in my face either, especially when they've been leeching their arses off for the rest of the day, or in a group flattening soloers.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Baldrian said:
lol, Flim you should actually read my thread, think I said pretty much the same in other words. :p

aye shoulda posted it in there but this one seemed more of a rant thread ;)

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't respond nicely aswell if they yell DONT ADD FFS in my face :p.

If a fg runs around boldiam docks/bledmeer bridge or other populated areas, it's prolly a way of spending time till there's more fgs around to fight. That's what we do with TT now and then. Allthough most of the times we just keep running around and it will take more than half an hour to meet a fg. Hope you can understand how frustrating it is if some people then decide to add and ruin your fight...

In battlegrounds though I don't expect people not to add, I mean it's just bgs come on, most people are just learning how to play their char in rvr :p.

And yes, soloing looks very hard nowadays in normal rvr, a shame :(.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:

Got the pic of the death spam on my com gonna post it when i get home.. an dont think we had the heretic with us when we pwnt the zerg :wub:

/quiblet (not the real quiblet)

ps : Nerf you for getting all the death spam :drink:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Kcinimodus said:
I wouldn't respond nicely aswell if they yell DONT ADD FFS in my face :p.

If a fg runs around boldiam docks/bledmeer bridge or other populated areas, it's prolly a way of spending time till there's more fgs around to fight. That's what we do with TT now and then. Allthough most of the times we just keep running around and it will take more than half an hour to meet a fg. Hope you can understand how frustrating it is if some people then decide to add and ruin your fight...

In battlegrounds though I don't expect people not to add, I mean it's just bgs come on, most people are just learning how to play their char in rvr :p.

And yes, soloing looks very hard nowadays in normal rvr, a shame :(.

if a fg runs around bold/bled they should expect to be added on ;) it's RvR :p it's a crowded area and it's getting on to realm defence there.

If you're in the back end of briefine having a fight and I happen across it I might stop to let you finish if I actually realise you're a fg vs fg fair fight and stop going "AAAAAAAAH MIDS/HIBS/RED THINGS!" long enough to see (though given how much I dislike the enemy realm gank groups the idea of annoying them is rather nice)

Plus, unless you're one of the "uber gank groups" the chances of an 8vs8 being a fair fight are rather slim anyway - probably need 3fg of HG to have a chance against a proper mid gank group.

It probably as likely the adds are balancing the fights as often as they are imbalancing it.... (though I guess there will be stealthers that wait till the albs are winning before joining in which is a bit sad really). Though if you want to just try out your group to the best of their ability win or lose that's annoying...

I hope you understand how frustrating it is to never actually get a decent solo fight because some fg is either flattening you or some friendly fg is flattening all the enemy soloers/small groups (ocassus bridge is crap if there's an alb fg around because all the stealthers are dead, of course if that doesn't happen regularly you get fgs of stealthers on the bridge as well)

right, a point here would be nice:

I'm not saying looking for a fair fight is a bad thing to do ;)

I'm saying being an arse about it when someone adds on you is crap - especially given that everyone who's ever yelled "don't add" at me has either been adding or flattening soloers. I'm probably as bad as the next person for adding or ganking soloers when I'm in a group, but I don't blow my top at someone joining in a fight (or even if they _don't_ add in a fight - though I might yell things like "ffs there's 3 of them stop standing there like a muppet")

Most of the "don't add ffs" brigade are just hypocrites (the ones that truly believe in fair/close fights don't yell at people they just get on with it)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Got the pic of the death spam on my com gonna post it when i get home.. an dont think we had the heretic with us when we pwnt the zerg :wub:

/quiblet (not the real quiblet)

ps : Nerf you for getting all the death spam :drink:

Rawr! i got a screenie on my brothers comp i think, but i am back at uni now so unable to post, but it was a rockin' fight, and i seem to be lucky when it comes to deathblows

And Flim- Where me and you differ (bearing in mind this is bg forum, not rvr) is that i'd rather see my realm mate gibbed then help out in a one on one. Its not like its a long run from atk to CK, and most of the time i am more likely to get a 'thanks for letting us fight' than a 'WTF WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP OMFG!?!?!11oneone' pm :D

Kcini summed up pretty much what i was trying to say when he said about getting in a fight where both parties need to play their best :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Xoxarle said:
Rawr! i got a screenie on my brothers comp i think, but i am back at uni now so unable to post, but it was a rockin' fight, and i seem to be lucky when it comes to deathblows

And Flim- Where me and you differ (bearing in mind this is bg forum, not rvr) is that i'd rather see my realm mate gibbed then help out in a one on one. Its not like its a long run from atk to CK, and most of the time i am more likely to get a 'thanks for letting us fight' than a 'WTF WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP OMFG!?!?!11oneone' pm :D

Kcini summed up pretty much what i was trying to say when he said about getting in a fight where both parties need to play their best :)

If I know the realm mate and know that they like fighting like that then I'll stay back and let them get on with it.

If I don't know them, however - even a 1vs1 in a bg is likely to be completely skewed (just dinged level 25 RR2 type with legendary weapons vs level 20 in freebie gear...) so I'd never assume it's gonna be a close fight.

that said there is the /yell command, so if someone is standing off and you want help use /y :)

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
If I know the realm mate and know that they like fighting like that then I'll stay back and let them get on with it.

If I don't know them, however - even a 1vs1 in a bg is likely to be completely skewed (just dinged level 25 RR2 type with legendary weapons vs level 20 in freebie gear...) so I'd never assume it's gonna be a close fight.

that said there is the /yell command, so if someone is standing off and you want help use /y :)

Good points i suppose. I do check the health bars sometimes to see whats happening. Usually if i am going to win a fight, its not normally close, although there are a few ones. If a realm mate is one 20% and enemy is on 80% (examples) i'd probably step in, or at least ask them if they wanted help.

I'm not normally fussed about people adding on my fights, but saying that, i'll admit to telling off a groupmate one evening, he walked in on a fight between me and a skald, saw me on 70% and skald on 100% and thought i was going lose, what he didn't realise at the time was that i got shout-mez-shout and hadn't had a chance to hit yet :p When I actually got a 1 on 1 with the same skald, my realm mate watched and i remained on 70% when skald was dead :) I didn't have a full abusive rant at my groupmate though, it was more a case of 'Damnit man, whatcha do that for?'

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
I did notice last night that quite a few hibs were standing back on 1vs1 rather than joining in. Certainly in the grps I was in this was the case.

This is cool by me but as I and others have said chances are most of the time its not goin to be a fair fight, we all know how much difference buffs, sc'd gear etc make.

ijm770

Fledgling Freddie
Ashton said:
:) hehe thanx m8, whos your vamp? i keep an eye out for ya for a /hug :D

also just like to say /bow to the fgh who didnt gank me after i just finished fighting a vamp @ the mid beetlebog this evening. dont know the names of u all, but the group included Frozenblocks and Crushin :wub:

I dont know if i should say was a bit embarassing how many times u killed me last night :wij: Luckily im almost capped so may not see u for a while

Kcinimodus

Fledgling Freddie
Don't generalize the 'gank squads', yes I use a yell macro sometimes when somebody adds on a fun fight, but it's a friendly macro :(.

And yes when our group runs near a crowded area like beno bridge, and we happen to meet an enemy group, we know it's likely and inevitable to get added on. And ye you can arrange fights using third party software like IRC (CoC anyone? :p), but that gets boring after a while because you know when you're about to get hit. When all are roaming around freely you never know when you got incoming, which is more fun imo.

So you say you gank soloers/whatnot when you're in a fg as much as the next person, but you come on FH calling rvr guilds adders/gankers/hypocrits and that they're ruining your soloing. Yet you do it yourself aswell. Now who is the hypocrit :p.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Kcinimodus said:
Don't generalize the 'gank squads', yes I use a yell macro sometimes when somebody adds on a fun fight, but it's a friendly macro :(.

And yes when our group runs near a crowded area like beno bridge, and we happen to meet an enemy group, we know it's likely and inevitable to get added on. And ye you can arrange fights using third party software like IRC (CoC anyone? :p), but that gets boring after a while because you know when you're about to get hit. When all are roaming around freely you never know when you got incoming, which is more fun imo.

So you say you gank soloers/whatnot when you're in a fg as much as the next person, but you come on FH calling rvr guilds adders/gankers/hypocrits and that they're ruining your soloing. Yet you do it yourself aswell. Now who is the hypocrit :p.

yes because they act like 8VS8 is cool and the rest is lame and is impossible to be fun so they pointing out that anyone who doesnt follow the "rules" made up by little kiddos are lame and should be removed from the game..
u see the casual players comming to fh whining because they got zerged or added by xxx??

Nope it are those little kiddos with almost 2 braincells who think RVR is 8VS8 who will come on fh every fucking time to whine about oh nooo he added on my fight !! qqqq!!...

and no i dont mean u in personal or TT.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I didn't say that 8vs8ers were ruining my soloing ;) that's the point.

I don't shout abuse at them for being on occassus bridge they have every right, same way they're perfectly entitled to run me down when I'm solo - it's purely the hypocrisy that annoys me.

I do get annoyed when they whine about people adding when they do it themselves. Should have a big poster:

"You must play by our l33t rules, but we don't have to coz we're too cool you see? or THOU SHALL NOT ADD! UNLESS THOU ART US!"

signed teh g4nk gr0ups

I'm sorry if I included you in my wide-sweeping generalisations (generalisations are always bad... oh balls there's another one) but given I don't get to fight TT I don't really get to see if they are that much nobler than their hib/mid counterparts (all the big named mid gank groups have been running around ocassus bridge in the last week farming the warder "zerg" - 5 or 6 ungrouped people usually, and there were hibs there the other night too). The amount of "OMG addors!" in grats threads from all sides is ridiculous.

Site note:
You say that the unpredictability is a good thing about 8vs8 - surely the unpredictability off people adding should add to that, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom