WTF Denver shootings at Batman showing

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the mean while the regular people feel the need to defend themselves so they buy guns, untrained and only doing so in a panic. So its just a circle of death, more guns, more death, more guns.

The problem is, Poag, is that it's not a "circle of death" at all.

The argument you make is Guns = Death.

Guns <> Death. Guns = Gun Death + the odd accident and/or massacre.

However, the odd gun massacre will become the odd explosion massacre, or building destruction massacre.

Anyway, it's my last post in this thread 'cause it's all a moot point - with that many guns in circulation making them illegal will mean that *only* criminals will have guns - and they'll find it easy to get their hands on them...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
As most soldiers say they first time you are under fire you shit yourself. So Target shooters who carries a gun are not about to stand up in the proper position and return effective fire. They are going to hide and do some spray and pray. Not to mention the first time someone sees you firing they might think you are a second shooter and you get someone else start shooting you.

*Opinion, not fact*

soze

I am a FH squatter
throdgrain said:
*Opinion, not fact*

Come on you think your average person that buys a gun for self defence trains on how to use it and then when dropped into a fire fight for the first time retains their composure and fires killing shots all on target? I know you like guns and are probably a great shot but 90% of all the stuff you read about your first time in combat is that it is not so easy when your target shoots back.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Lots of people in the states run and use self defence courses, look it up. Either way way, still opinion mate.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
From someone who has been in the military, Throd, it's a really valid opinion though. I've seen loads of young women and men do their first rounds with guns. It's not a pretty sight. That's being done in a controlled setting. I've seen even more people having trouble in chaos-real-life settings (such as pitchdark, or civil environments). Just imagine a fully packed, dark cinema. Just ONE untrained, or even badly trained civilian with a handgun could have created even more chaos than it already must have been.

soze

I am a FH squatter
How is it that hard to believe say 20 people decide to start shooting back if even half of them miss or hit the wrong target in a crowded dark cinema you have 10 dead regardless. Add to that people deciding to fight back by shooting at the first guy to shoot at the nut job.

Poag

m00?
Guys weapons jammed. He was also an apparently terrible shot.

So even someone preplanned and intent on what they are doing buckles under pressure.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah thought there was some kind of malfunction like that. Packed theatre and only 12 with a (semi?) automatic isn't exactly call of duty level game related skill.

Poag

m00?
Yeah thought there was some kind of malfunction like that. Packed theatre and only 12 with a (semi?) automatic isn't exactly call of duty level game related skill.
Ha! "Should've gone to specsavers"

He did wound alot of people, 50+. With modern medicine and seriously quick EMT response times in big American cities, wounds that would have probably been fatal in a warzones weren't.
Also, American EMTs are exceptionally well trained in dealing with gunshot wounds...being as common as they are....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I can't argue with his conclusions, the facts speak for themselves, all men 21-40 years of age, interested in miltariism and all with a knowledge of those who have gone before, it's a cultural decision that has exploded since 1913, from one every few years worldwide to one a month.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
*from one reported every few years to one reported every month

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom