tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Given WS : 1471

Actual WS : 1477

sb, rr6, 320 str, +11 from itamz, 50 weapon spec etc

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Lejemorder

well..i was thinking about creating one for a long time, then at last got some data from my SB with various levels of buffs and spec...and began thinking. I realised that WS is an unknown function of 4 values -- lvl, dmg table, wpnspec and dmg stat (DS), and that i do not have math knowledge to derive formula outta it. So i simplified task -- i decided to fix level to 50 and dmg table to rogues only, thus WS becomes a function of 2 variables only -- WS=f(x,y), where x=spec and y=stat. Again, i had no math method to derive f() available, so i simplified task even further, by creating a set of table dependancies of WS from various DS values, 1 table for each level of spec. I had 8 pairs of WS-DS values for each spec value, like this
----------------------------------
DS---WS for 54 spec
160--865
210--1005
288--1222
238--1084
221--1033
314--1296
253--1122
104--709
----------------------------------

this dependancy can be written down as a normal function like y=f(x), y is WS and x is DS. Math theory says that any n points on a coordinated surface fully define one and only one polynom of (n-1)th power, in this case 7th power, like y=ax^7+bx^6+cx^5+dx^4+ex^3+fx^2+gx+h. So it turns down to find those a-h values. A method exists for it, called "lesser squares", it requires knowledge of matrix calculations, which i, well, forgot :) -- after all, i studied it in university which was 8 years ago...So i began searching inet for some info about matrix multiplying and inverting meanwhile reading daoc boards still, and found a formula KieferHub posted, which is rather simple and doesnt require heavy calculations, so i dropped my original idea and proceeded with programming this one.

I predict that my formula would be much more precise, whithin +/-1 margin error (0.1-0.05%), but there was a tradeoff between heavy calculations and (most important!) data gathering (i would need data from all classes for all spec values, several pairs each), so i chose easier, but not-so-correct way.

duact
Konah

hmm..u are both on same dmg table and ur difference is nearly same too...plz provide me more info (varoius WS with various spec/str) if possible, i'll try to fix it.

Rulke

well, some ppl would like to know exact gain in WS, ok?
play an Assasin. u would learn that every bit counts.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm the matrix stuff i'm doing at school atm has uses?
I just had 3 lessons of A-level Further Maths :eek7:

(11:39 AM - and yes i am using school computers for forums :clap: )

Bom

Fledgling Freddie
Shield Spec

Is shield considered a main weapon spec ? So in this working out weapon skill for say slamming, if you had 50 shield & 39 slash you could put in 50 as your main weapon skill ????

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
1354 ws according to the calc which is 100% correct :x

285 str, 50+11 blades (,nightshade)

1354... poor bastard. I have 1549(the calc said 1544), and in a couple of days I will have 1587. But then again, you are slash.

A funny thing, well done Hal!

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Jox
1587? hows is this possible so high?

i got 1488 myself and calc says 1486 - not a big deal.

Bom

tbh i dunno what skills affect slam damage, lotsa theories for that....but i never played shield tank and didnt put much attention to it

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
The error on Shamans/Healers (and other classes that can't spec weapons) comes from you adding to skill for gaining Realm Rank - don't do this.

For casters, use 1.4 and 280 as factors.

And you can actually adjust your formula so that you only use 1 per-class constant (as base=200*factor).
And for other reference, refer to the HP calculator - both formulas use basically the same constants for the classes, except in certain cases where adjustments were made (like SBs gaining more HP, Valewalker, Hunter and Warrior gaining more WS)....

http://www.btinternet.com/~challand/hp_calculator.htm

edit: oh, and pfft... Albion comes first!

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior
RR6
str 349
50+11 (without RR) axe.
WS: 2003

Calculated WS was 1996

When I had 343 str I had 1980 WS.. and the calculator said 1972

Bom

Fledgling Freddie
Slamming

sorry to go off topic just checking on that shield slam again. Does any1 know all the factors in slamming (higher shiled give less resists, more dex more Weap skill) I wanna go totally defence tank so am looking to what i need to get near 100% slam effectiveness :)

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
what about archers? ws with bow out is totally off.. perhaps include this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom