Wrong number and I feel terrible about it.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Best call i have had was

Old Lady: Hello is John there
Me: No one by the name of john lives here
Old Lady: are you sure?
Me: yes quite sure you must have the wrong number
old Lady: No I dont have the wrong number
Me: How do you know
Old Lady: because its written in my book
Me: well you do have the wrong number because no one called john lives here
Old Lady: Yes I do have the right number its written in my book.

At that point i couldnt stop laughing and had to hang up.

Gray

FH is my second home
but are you sure you was sure no one named John lived there?

Did you check in the Attic?
hmm

DaGen

Fledgling Freddie
I have quite an easy number to remember, it is all 3's and 1's (god bless BT! :clap: ) anyway I get quite a few wrong numbers the latest one was just after midnight one saturday night/sunday morning. My phone goes and on the other end there is some pissed bloke wanting a taxi asap to come pick him up from some pub in Reading (I live in Reading BTW) I was gonna tell him he must have the wrong number but all that came outta my mouth was 'ok, one'll be there in 10 minutes' I put the phone down, chuckling to myself and 15mins later the phone goes again, it's this bloke in a right strop 'I ordered my taxi 15mins ago and I'm still waiting, it's freezing, where is the taxi?' I said 'sorry mate you must have the wrong number'

Wonder if he ever did get a taxi? :D

babs

Can't get enough of FH
He probably got really angry and killed Marigot's mother.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
I once phoned up a friend and got the wrong number and the conversation went:

Me: Hi is Simon there?
Him: Yup, speaking.
Me: Hiya mate, it's Sam, how you doing?
Him: Oh ello Sam, I'm cool thanks, what ya up to?

Conversation went on like this for 5 minutes or so but there was something very odd about it. We finally worked out that he wasn't the Simon I thought he was and I wasn't the Sam he thought I was... it was incredibly disturbing because it felt like having a conversation with a friend who's had their brain taken over by aliens or something Oo

Rubric

Part of the furniture
I took an order for meals on wheels once after a lengthy conversation with an old lady who was adamant that despite the fact i answered the phone HSBC i was infact meals on wheels. I guess she went hungry that day :(

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
when i had ISDN we had a 2nd line, the phone was attached and stuck into the kitchen.

so roll on till one night I was sitting making myself a cheese 'n ham toastie when the phone starts ringing...

me: "Hello?"
police: "im looking for Mr Smith"
me: "Speaking"
police: "im (such'n such) from Finaghy police station, im sorry to inform you but your sons been involved in a road traffic accident, he's been transferred to the (blah) hospital due to his injuries"
me: "uuhm, i think you have the wrong Smith... my names Colin, i dont have a son, and my car's parked out on the driveway"
police: "oh im very sorry for the mistake"
*phone hung up*

strange things being:
(1) the number was ex-directory for both our house and the guy they were looking for
(2) his name was colin smith as well :eek6:
(3) the phone number at the time for that line was 285419, the guy they were looking for was on 254195 :eek:

Tenko

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
How depressing Summo. Remember, you didn't do it.

My best wrong number ever went along the lines of...

Me : Hello?
Marigot's Mum : Is that the NHS helpline?
M : No, you've got the wrong number
Marigot's Mum : Are you sure?
M : Let me check...yes, I'm really sure
Marigot's Mum : You're just taking the piss. I want to speak to your manager.
M : Listen, I'm really not the NHS helpline. If I was, I wouldn't be allowed to tell you to fuck off, would I?

My phone number at the time was only one digit off from the NHS helpline for Edinburgh, so the wrong number wasn't unexpected.

See Summo, not your fault at all ;)

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Worst phone incident I had was when a guy called me up and said the following:

him: Is that Lee?
me: Yes (coz it was)
him: right mate. I'm ringing you on your mobile so you don't get into bother with your wife, coz she wouldn't like to hear what I've got to say. ARE YOU FUCKING MY WIFE? EH? EH?
I could have come round your house at xx St and done you over but I didn't want your wife to get upset, you know the blonde with the Alfa Romeo? I've just got out of prison to find you've been FUCKING MY WIFE!
me: ermmm, no I haven't.
him: well your phone number is on my phone bill. Why's that then?

Well I had no idea. The conversation ended and I went home to find that the neighbours had seen a bloke sneaking round our garden and he'd asked when I was due in etc. Very scary. Wife mega upset. ( me goes to buy baseball bat)
He knew my name, where I lived, what car my wife drove and my mobile number.

Anyway the upshot was I rang him back and we tried to find out why my number might be on his phone bill. After ages of reciting all the people we knew to see of any of them matched he realised that it was HIM who'd rang me in response to an advert I'd had in the Exchange and Mart for karaoke equipment two months before!

That conversation ended:

me: did you ring for the karaoke equipment?
him: yeah that was it. .....pause.......pause...have you still got it?
me: fuck. off.
CLICK..

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Lester said:
me: did you ring for the karaoke equipment?
him: yeah that was it. .....pause.......pause...have you still got it?

You could just imagine his "To Do" list:
1) Avenge violation of wife and buy karaoke gear
2) Water garden
3) Shopping

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Shovel said:
You could just imagine his "To Do" list:
1) Avenge violation of wife and buy karaoke gear
2) Water garden
3) Shopping
Best post eva!

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
leggy said:
I'm sick in the head. That made me laugh summo :(

It made me laugh, not the phone call, but the fact that Summo seems to feel guilty at the wrong things. (like a typical hairdresser really) :p

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
caLLous said:
I met this girl at work (nightclub, before you assume it's a brothel or something) and she gave me her "number". It so wasn't her number, I sent a couple of messages just trying to kind of establish a friendship and I got some real shitty replies.

Cut a long story short, I think I called a big hairy bloke "honey". :(:(

Maybe instead of texting you should have rang the number first. Use 141 too just to be on the safe side.

Saves anything like that happening and them actually finding your number.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Not completely related, but I'd like to point out that it's great fun to royally piss off telemarketers.

Gray

FH is my second home
Yes, Summo has a knack for that, shame the "Get the FUCK out my car" thread will be deleted soon :( That was the best thread ive ever seen on Barrysworld :D

Maybe you could put it on over here? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom