wow & You

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys alot of you probally dont remember me :)
Ny ways to the point. Im looking for some seriously good Camelot players for the new wow Guild Fatality On Homarush Horde. you can apply at fatality-wow.tk This is just an invite for camelot player to gather those who are playing wow :)

Details:
Server: Homarush
Guild Name: Fatality
Web Site: fatality-wow.tk
faction: Horde
You can whisper me in game for details on my char Haides.

Keltic Hib/Excal out. :worthy:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I don't play anything but your name rings a bell. Refresh my memory :)

[LA]Douglas

One of Freddy's beloved
hi keltic
i remember u was in AoP for a bit i think. i was playing WoW but got bored and moved to pirates with some others

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, AoP, the ranger with the eld alt. How you doing mate? Hope you're having a good time, was fun those days we were playing back then :)

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
this fella comes from an island off the coast of ireland, population is lower the excal cluster xD ....no joke :clap:

good too see ur still about kelltic :D

hi elric and gear you too doug!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
this fella comes from an island off the coast of ireland, population is lower the excal cluster xD ....no joke :clap:

good too see ur still about kelltic :D

hi elric and gear you too doug!

Hello Mark! How goes the sailing? :p

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Now that Gerald the haster has left, its seems unlikely his Island has just him on it, as 2 is double the amount left on Dyvet

Bahumat

FH is my second home
You dont need skill on WoW, you need people with lots of spare time. WoW is not about skill, it's mostly due to equipment :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Pretty much 75% equipment 25% skill, though there is no way you could ding 70 and kill anything in SSC/The eye/BT etc no matter how "skilled" you are. A lot of the high end encounters need a lot of team work and thought, mostly doing what your told by your UI/mods if you are a DPS class.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You dont need skill on WoW, you need people with lots of spare time. WoW is not about skill, it's mostly due to equipment :(

not anymore. atleast not when it comes to pvp. theres so many ppl out there with pvp epics now u can't rely on the gear to win for you anymore.

and even less so in PvE as the instances is so bloody hard if your not 100% focused and the raid groups so small u just can't affort to have 2 or more ppl there just "tagging along", hoping that the full epic ppl can do your job for you.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

True, partly equiptment partly class but I hardly see any "skilled" person in WoW pvp.
When I first started to Arena a bit (cba with PvE as I just did 70 levels) it felt like playing a RoG lord vs fully ToA'ed people, they had 3 times the HP 3 times the damage and 3 times the armour I had, even if I heavily outplayed them it was just impossible to win.
When I got some decent gear(BT gear + season gear) it was just so easy to win vs most classes (not that the classes I play are OP in any way it's just that WoW has so many retards playing PvP which should stick to PvE really).

I really hope WAR aint going to be like WoW in the way that equiptment is the most important thing to win a fight, would love if it would be something like 85% skill 13% group setup 2% equiptment that decided who would win a fight.

And WoW PvE aint hard like some people want you to believe, read a guide, watch some youtube or whatever vid so you know what your class has to do and for what you need to look out for at the encounter and cruise through it.
I got BT attuned in less than 1 month even after knowing nothing at all about WoW "high end" PvE.

Himse

FH is my second home
WoW is easy, but to be honest you can easily compete without top gear with a bit of a clue.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I really hope WAR aint going to be like WoW in the way that equiptment is the most important thing to win a fight, would love if it would be something like 85% skill 13% group setup 2% equiptment that decided who would win a fight.

ok, so what should be the point in getting better gear then?

that extra 0.00005% chance to crit?

/edit: the only ones that would have any bnefit from your suggestion would be the casuals and the ones that are to effing lazy to bother geting better gear.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
ok, so what should be the point in getting better gear then?

SI expansion comes to mind,you can get decent enough armor which will do just fine(SC) or you can get some uber-rare(Oil Rag!) items and make bit better template.

That's how loot should be done. Shame Mythic fecked up totally with TOA

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
SI expansion comes to mind,you can get decent enough armor which will do just fine(SC) or you can get some uber-rare(Oil Rag!) items and make bit better template.

That's how loot should be done. Shame Mythic fecked up totally with TOA

eeh. when SI came it went even more into gear = win then before SI/Epic armor.

ToA just made it worse. it was bad already with SI.

as much as i like skill > gear it just isnt gonna happen in a MMORPG.

it exists in FPS games and the likes where u CANT get better gear exept weapons. and even then theres no guarantee that skill > gear. just look at city of heroes/villains that uses that. there its all about what skill build you have. so there its skillbuild > skill insted.

you want everyone to run around with the exact same skills, weapons, armors and stuff? THEN u'l have a system that relies in player skill only :)

the second you add choises to ANYTHING it goes from playerskill to skillbuild/gear as being the thing ppl will win with.

so if you want playerskill to be the domnant factor u'd have to make everyone be the exact same class, have the exact same gear/stats/weapons/etc etc etc.

and how fun would that be?

i mean, red cube versus green cube?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Prepare for flame with a statement like that tbh :D

its true in some ways. WoW pve is miles ahead of DAoC.

and i'm not even sure that DAoC pvp > WoW anymore. sure the way WoW pvp is set up isnt the best with the battleground, but if you added DAoC's rvr zones to WoW then u'd have a clear winner mostly because DAoC is so restrictive in combat. and ofc the lazyarse buttons isnt helping in DAoC vs WoW either.

Everz

FH is my second home
its true in some ways. WoW pve is miles ahead of DAoC.

and i'm not even sure that DAoC pvp > WoW anymore. sure the way WoW pvp is set up isnt the best with the battleground, but if you added DAoC's rvr zones to WoW then u'd have a clear winner mostly because DAoC is so restrictive in combat. and ofc the lazyarse buttons isnt helping in DAoC vs WoW either.

WoW pvp is actually just a little worse then DAoC atm, but WoW PvE is miles ahead, tis actually fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
not only talking about raids here.

and theres not only 1 instance to chose from either. theres like 5 or 6 raid dungeons to chose from. so theres no real need to grind the same instance day in and day out.

unless the guild thats doing the grinding sucks horribly and can't even get past the easiest raid instance that is.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
and theres not only 1 instance to chose from either. theres like 5 or 6 raid dungeons to chose from. so theres no real need to grind the same instance day in and day out.

unless the guild thats doing the grinding sucks horribly and can't even get past the easiest raid instance that is.

Back on my WoW times we had excatly 2 places we could go,Zul'Aman(sp?) on Stranglethorn and Molten Core,god i hated those places.

Sounds like it has improved atleast a little bit,about time too :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
plenty of 5 mans (boring) couple of 10 mans (Karazhan and ZA) 4 25 mans SSC, The Eye, Mount Hyjal and Black Temple, another 25 man coming with the next patch, along with another 5 man.

The 5 mans are pretty boring really and the loot is junk, though you can do them in heroic mode which boosts the difficulty slightly and the loot quality, the loot is still junk but you also get tokens from the bosses that you can save up and buy high end pve gear with.

My guild is on the last boss in The eye, once we have killed him we can move onto Mount Hyjal (there is currently a quest for entry which involves killing the last bosses in SSC and The Eye)

The pvp in wow is still utterly soul destroying though, pointless battlegrounds and dull arena matches, there is virtually no outside real pvp.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The pvp in wow is still utterly soul destroying though, pointless battlegrounds and dull arena matches, there is virtually no outside real pvp.

the only difference between woW battlegrounds and DAoC battle grounds is that noone can "zerg" the other and that the game isn't infinite. and ofc, no CK to hide inside for the zergers.

agree on the open world pvp tho.

but thats only because noone can be arsed to anymore.

Himse

FH is my second home
plenty of 5 mans (boring) couple of 10 mans (Karazhan and ZA) 4 25 mans SSC, The Eye, Mount Hyjal and Black Temple, another 25 man coming with the next patch, along with another 5 man.

The 5 mans are pretty boring really and the loot is junk, though you can do them in heroic mode which boosts the difficulty slightly and the loot quality, the loot is still junk but you also get tokens from the bosses that you can save up and buy high end pve gear with.

My guild is on the last boss in The eye, once we have killed him we can move onto Mount Hyjal (there is currently a quest for entry which involves killing the last bosses in SSC and The Eye)

I think the game would be better if more world pvp was organised.

For example a few guilds on a US server did a 5v5 night and it looked kickass fun :D

purely because there was no adding on fights etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom