[WoW] so how hard can you hit for with crits?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Most classes have one of those combos. Normally they aren't worth twinking out for though because you lose so much else.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This is why macro's should be banned from MMO's, it's promotes lazy play and contributes to ridiculous stuff like this.

Can't stand them.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nah, don't have to get rid of macros. Just make abilities that enables stuff like that share cooldown or not stack.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
540,000 damage in 1 round of swings in WoW is just wrong on so many levels, especially when its on people with over 4k resilience.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
This is why macro's should be banned from MMO's, it's promotes lazy play and contributes to ridiculous stuff like this.

Can't stand them.

Yeah, because having to bind every single skill/ability to a different key really improves the game and makes you soooo much less lazy.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah, because having to bind every single skill/ability to a different key really improves the game and makes you soooo much less lazy.

Not to mention that there isn't enough quickbar slots to go around. :)

Aada

Part of the furniture

Heh you won't change my view on macro's i've been playing MMO's long enough to understand what they do.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Heh you won't change my view on macro's i've been playing MMO's long enough to understand what they do.

That's the thing, they don't really 'do' anything. Everything a macro does a human can do, the idea is that it makes it simpler with things such as multiple key presses or things that would normally need typing (I'm sure typing /assist each time someone changed target wouldn't get annoying :whistle: ). Gaming shouldn't be about having as many possible buttons to press as you can, which is why I'm thankful GW2 is going back to basics.

There have been times in WoW where they were a little out of hand, but that's bad design, macros themselves are helpful and in some games the game wouldn't really work without them (e.g. daoc).

Krazeh

Part of the furniture

In that case perhaps you'd like to explain how macros in WoW promote lazy play? Or contribute to the situation as seen in the video?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
You realize that you still need to press the button as many times as there are skills programmed on the macro right?

It just frees up much needed space on the quickbars...

Were not talking macros like the ones used on programmable keyboards here that you only have to press once.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
To be fair, I think he should get credit for being clever and finding out about how to stack stats and the order of abilities in the macros.

It is still wrong that it is possible to almost 1 hit pvpers though, but that's up to blizzard to balance.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think the thing I like about the video is that warriors are always crying about how nerfed and shit they are.. clearly not, you just need to know what the fuck to do as opposed to just hammering buttons randomly.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No, but look at the total damage he does to those players.

He's doing 30 - 40k DPS on them.

Well it was a tongue-cheek comment, pedantic at that, but if you want to get "cereal" about it; ideal conditions, meant as a joke video, wouldn't work in real combat and even then a very situational thing you can do once every few mintues.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
on average on pvp gear 150-170k ish for most classes, plate uses are easily topping 190-200k.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah, they can get over 200k HP. But HP is easy to chew through, especially in pvp and in raids. So not many gem/enhance only stam...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Here's one of the "better" tanks (or so they say, i wouldn't know).
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/lazeil/simple

But it's easy to see he/she isn't "stacking" stam much (only if the socket bonus permits it i guess) as the gear in and of itself provides enough.

That said, i forgot about the few specific raid encounters where stam is a must have because of mass stuns and crap like nef. But outside of those....

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tanks that stack stamina now are pretty fail, they need to stack mastery/reforge avoidance stats accordingly until they hit the 102.x% mark where they are deemed "unhittable" not really unhittable in that sense but it basically means every single hit they take will be a dodge, parry, miss or block (-X% damage taken per block - that obv only applies to shield tanks) dk's are also stacking mastery because it ups their bloodshield which is their main source of damage reduction vs physical damage, not too sure about feral druids, they have a similar shield component but not sure what they stack.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
There are two (or three) raid encounters where stamina is needed because they mass stun and stuff and then hits for ~150k single hits, and if the tank has ~180k HP he dies next swing... So on those encounters, avoidance/parry/block etc will do fuck all.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye alot of tanks are just stam stacking now because its end of the expansion, no real need for mastery stacking now with the nerf to dragonsoul :p but normally it'd be mastery to the tits.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Kadrin/simple

My paladin, havent raided with him since the start of Cataclysm tho as I didnt like the raid content (last "Hard" thing I did in Cataclysm was the dungeon drake achievement which at the time was hard because no one had epics when we did it, most of us were in 333 blues or greens). Pissed about with him to try the raid finder out and the new instances but thats about it, mainly just do old instances with him now for profit/achievements.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There are two (or three) raid encounters where stamina is needed because they mass stun and stuff and then hits for ~150k single hits, and if the tank has ~180k HP he dies next swing... So on those encounters, avoidance/parry/block etc will do fuck all.

I'd think some CDs would deal with that, or just a quick raise ally :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well yeah, but CD's only save you from one or two hits. Not an entire fight. And you can't raise ally on the tank the entire fight because halfway through his gear will be at 0 durability and worthless.. :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i'm not disbuting that some stamina is needed, but i'm running in zul'gurub handmedown(offneed) gear and at 150k without buffs and half-stam gems on my DK. Though DKs ofcourse have the whole bloodshield etc. I'd think that higher gear would pop that nearer to 180k.

Just that it can be worked around ;)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Sure there might be a way to work around it but would that make it harder or easier? :)

Stacking stam seems to be the easier way to survive those few raid encounters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom