WoW Rulez!

SigvartH

Fledgling Freddie
WoW is so much fun =). No high RR gank grps, no master levels, no artifacts, no insane CC, Soloing is a viable option if you are just in for a couple of hours and wanna do something (instead of 0.3 xp on lvl 44 soloing in daoc =).

The gfx in screenshots do not give the game sufficient justice. Easy too find towns, ingame map (oki daoc have that too now, but rember the old /loc system =), guards that give you excakt location, virtualy no way of gimping yourself (talents perhaps too some degree but I was a real wow noob and finding info on talents was not hard). I have not have so much fun in a mmorpg in ages.

And though I have not been that much in rvr yet, it feels more like Battle Grounds in daoc than RvR in emain. AkA pure fun =) not ffs assist, ffs u not rr7, ffs etc etc etc

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Tradeskill and the auction system really helps getting some money. Also, i kept getting back to the oggrimar auction to check if there where any bargains, good buyout prices, lowpriced auctions on a short timer. I actualy good some pretty good equipment from the auction and i made quite some money.

Im a bit disappointed we didnt get to see the battlegrounds in the beta, well guess i have to keep a close eye on US retail now to see what they are like.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Deacan said:
Go the Auction house, Alliance is IronForge and Horde is Orgrimmar you can often get decent armor for cheap prices, or use Thottbot to find armor drops from mobs,quests ect.
There is one in Gadgetzan or what the place is called south of Thousand Needles and think on in Winterspring aswell. Ran thru thousand needles as a dwarf with pvp on. Was hell nerve wrecking with all the orcs and tauren there trying to get me. And dont pvp in Gadgetzan :D

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
SigvartH said:
<snip> no insane CC <snip>

Heh, the end of US beta event mobs certainly did a good job of insane CC on us lowbs. Fear+mezz had me spectating for ages (and amusing spectating it was tbh)

But I get your point, and agree generally. Just wanna point out, if you judged daoc (for example) by its early game (say, <lvl25) most of what you posted above is applicable (especially after daoc open beta). We just gotta hope and pray Blizzard don't lead WoW down the road Mythic led daoc down.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Bullitt said:
And I don't get why people want to reach the highest level in the shortest amount of time. It's like going to a theme park, running to the biggest rollercoaster then going home. Enjoy the little rides on the way through, in the end you'll have more fun, feel more satisfied and get your moneys worth.
that is so true :)

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Bullitt said:
And I don't get why people want to reach the highest level in the shortest amount of time. It's like going to a theme park, running to the biggest rollercoaster then going home. Enjoy the little rides on the way through, in the end you'll have more fun, feel more satisfied and get your moneys worth.

Maybe because some people think the little rides are a pain in the arse and want the real thing at once.
Xp suck, pvp owns.. what is there to question?

EDIT - And no dont tell me to go play an fps, I like the idea of mmorpgs but not xping it up. When I played OB it was pretty good nice xping rate(got to 20 without much playing). I don´t want to play a game where it takes a year to get to the place I enjoy.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Maybe because some people think the little rides are a pain in the arse and want the real thing at once.

EDIT - And no dont tell me to go play an fps, I like the idea of mmorpgs but not xping it up. When I played OB it was pretty good nice xping rate(got to 20 without much playing). I don´t want to play a game where it takes a year to get to the place I enjoy.

Guild Wars or Shadowbane are for you, mmorpg's which the focus is on pvp.

PvE isnt just about xp, its about enjoying the world that has been created to explore, meeting other players and working together to achieve something.

If you want to play a pvp based mmrpg, go play one. Just dont try to impose your views as fact....for the vasy majority, pvp is the end game, not the game itself.

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Tinu said:

Well that's fair enough, and i'd never suggest go play an fps because they're entirely different from RPG's. My point is practically summed up by Tallen above, WoW seems mostly PvE and as such PvP fans have little to back their complaints when the PvP isn't the main focus.

To use a metaphor again - it's like walking into a music store and complaining that the games section is too small.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Guild Wars or Shadowbane are for you, mmorpg's which the focus is on pvp.

PvE isnt just about xp, its about enjoying the world that has been created to explore, meeting other players and working together to achieve something.

If you want to play a pvp based mmrpg, go play one. Just dont try to impose your views as fact....for the vasy majority, pvp is the end game, not the game itself.
Actually I never tried to impose my views as facts but merely a suggestion to why alot of people wanted less xp to max lvl.
I also never said I wanted to play a pvp based mmorpg, I want to play a mmorpg with the best system for pvp and atm it is wow in my oppinion.
BG, rewards etc.
And yes, im also looking into Guild Wars and played the WPE but atm wow seems more likely to fit my taste since it´s pvp system is very similar to daoc.

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Bullitt said:
Well that's fair enough, and i'd never suggest go play an fps because they're entirely different from RPG's. My point is practically summed up by Tallen above, WoW seems mostly PvE and as such PvP fans have little to back their complaints when the PvP isn't the main focus.

To use a metaphor again - it's like walking into a music store and complaining that the games section is too small.
To me PVP seems to be a big factor for blizzard but maybe that´s just me?
I do think that both pvp and pve are equally focused on.
Im not really complaining either since i just tried to answer your question why people actually want less time to 60.
Personally I think the speed atm is very good, what i don´t like to have is lvling treadmill like i HEAR that EQ was.(Never played it myself).
:touch:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Tinu said:
Actually I never tried to impose my views as facts but merely a suggestion to why alot of people wanted less xp to max lvl.
I also never said I wanted to play a pvp based mmorpg, I want to play a mmorpg with the best system for pvp and atm it is wow in my oppinion.
BG, rewards etc.
And yes, im also looking into Guild Wars and played the WPE but atm wow seems more likely to fit my taste since it´s pvp system is very similar to daoc.

Apologies then, must have misunderstood the comment:

Tinu said:

There will be a PvP server for WoW, may suit you ;)

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, i did play pvp in OB and i liked it except that lvl30 came to ruin it for lvl20´s xping but that doesn´t matter once you hit 60.
About my statment that you qouted, poorly chosen words but was mainly made as a joke - I do feel that way tho but it´s just my personal oppinion. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom