WoW beta sign up

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I'll have a go at Druid and Rogue in beta, hopefully. Night Elves appeal to me :D

The only thing that worries me about WoW is the PvE server PvP. I can see it just being a big zergfest.

If, as I have read, the entire Horde gets a "town x is being attacked!" message when the Alliance decide to hammer on it, then will that not bring 3,000 screaming orcs running down the hillside?

It seems that the only valid tactics would then be to completely screw a town over within 5 minutes, then run away, or bring a big zerg :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
from what I read about the PvP in WoW over the past month, I'd say it's similiar to Planetside PvP ... and Planetside just rocked :p

and if you don't like the zerg PvP, there's still the Arenas for duels or group vs group fights.

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
Cylian said:
from what I read about the PvP in WoW over the past month, I'd say it's similiar to Planetside PvP ... and Planetside just rocked :p

and if you don't like the zerg PvP, there's still the Arenas for duels or group vs group fights.

Planetside fights felt kind of... epic. Heaps of people sprawled over huge rolling hills, firing missiles at each other and making things blow up. But Planetside was a FPS.

I'll try to reserve judgement till I've tried the game - hopefully within the next couple of months! :D

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
On the pvp server (for wow) there will be guards at your home towns etc to fight of nasty orks? :eek:

Iink

Fledgling Freddie
eragrim said:
Take daoc for example. It no longer has any trace of roleplaying, its more like counterstrike now. Get your perfect setup and hunt those RPs for ladder scores.

So true... but people like counterstrike a lot don't they?
And those who say WoW sucks.. play it first hey :) Blizzard hasnt gone far wrong yet. :m00:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
tRoG said:
Planetside fights felt kind of... epic. Heaps of people sprawled over huge rolling hills, firing missiles at each other and making things blow up. But Planetside was a FPS.

I'll try to reserve judgement till I've tried the game - hopefully within the next couple of months! :D
Planetside was fun but some weapons are just not right, stand on the right spot and fire on the ground at a wall and hit the enemies as they walk out of the spawn tubes.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fafnir said:
Planetside was fun but some weapons are just not right, stand on the right spot and fire on the ground at a wall and hit the enemies as they walk out of the spawn tubes.

kinda liks PBAE in DAoC going thru walls and shit now?? ;)

anyway.. its 5:th now and no application link!!!! :(

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
On the pvp server (for wow) there will be guards at your home towns etc to fight of nasty orks? :eek:

I think how it works is that either faction controls an area of land, and if you go into the opposing faction's land, you can be attacked. Which means that it will be fairly dangerous if you're on the outskirts of the land which you control, but it should be pretty safe if you're a good distance inside your home area. But the other team *can* get deep inside your bit... it's just unlikely , as they'de have to be very sneaky :p

Don't quote me on that, though. It's just half remembered stuff I read on a site somewhere while bored late at night ;)

Signed up for the beta 5 minutes ago. Hoping they'll want to test out how well my ghetto system copes :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
tRoG said:
I think how it works is that either faction controls an area of land, and if you go into the opposing faction's land, you can be attacked. Which means that it will be fairly dangerous if you're on the outskirts of the land which you control, but it should be pretty safe if you're a good distance inside your home area. But the other team *can* get deep inside your bit... it's just unlikely , as they'de have to be very sneaky :p

Don't quote me on that, though. It's just half remembered stuff I read on a site somewhere while bored late at night ;)

Signed up for the beta 5 minutes ago. Hoping they'll want to test out how well my ghetto system copes :D

id like it if that was the case tbh.... i'm not a huge fan of pure pvp servers but i kinda like that idea alot.....

BikerBoy aka Rhaed

Fledgling Freddie
Its on baby! i just subscribed but i really dunno what i will make ... Opinion ? Lets all choose a side ? and make a guild or sumthin :cheers: so we roxxorz :clap:

maybe ill put a poll up to see what side shall we choose ... dunno waiting for opinions

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom