WoW beta sign up

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Lotsa people saying that, but lotsa said that SWG would be uber, and it wasnt. Maybe all these people will be wrong now :p Imo WoW looks okay, I think Darkfall looks quite alot better, but as most the people I know in DAoC will prolly be playing WoW it would be nice to see what its like before I buy it (which i deff. will once its released).

(Btw, why do so many people go into threads about other games and just say that they are gonna be crap? :p)

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'm gonna try and get in, and if I don't I will hunt down those who did and kill them!!

eragrim

Loyal Freddie
I think WoW looks very promising. You can ofcourse question the "toonish" designs, but judging from the trailers and teasers I think the atmosphere seems so much better compared to other MMORPGs. What I mean is sort of the feeling in the game. The music seems better, sounds when fighting and interacting improves this atmosphere and invites to roleplaying.

Take daoc for example. It no longer has any trace of roleplaying, its more like counterstrike now. Get your perfect setup and hunt those RPs for ladder scores.

Perhaps its something that happens to all MMORPGs in the end, but still I believe the roleplayers will enjoy WoW alot more.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
I'll be very, very surprised if WoW has any semblance of roleplaying. For a roleplaying mmorpg, I'd go to CoH :)

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
:worthy: :clap: :worthy:​

With my luck it's very likely i won't get in, but it's good news :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, they have a fraction v fraction server up.
You can read up on it on the website, but its only basic atm.

They said they going to improve the pvp alot more with the beta, and it will look nothing like it is atm.

Rumpaton

Fledgling Freddie
aye heard they were putting in more stuff, can't wait to see how they do it. Hopefully they will look at daoc endgame and do something similar.

Powerslave

Fledgling Freddie
mmmm, i will send an application that will say :

" pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me pick me

p.s. plz
"

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
wow will be worse

the graphics isnt something that will encourage leet teens I think (I do like the graphics myself, but they arent really 1337 imo).
Besides that the game is more focussed on pve than DAoC is so I would actually expect less or atmost the same amount.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna try it if it's crap there's nowt lost really. Not like DaoC is a woman who's gonna dump you for playing away from home :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
And a nice friend called monthy fee, that will put alot of Bnet idiots.

Bunnytwo

Fledgling Freddie
Gonna see what NF is like before go forking out for another game after the major disappointment of SWG :(

From what I've seen NF absolutely kicks butt as well, makes RvR rather more interesting that just porting to emain.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Can I ask one questioN?

if ppl hate toa so much bcoz its a pve timesink.... what is wow then? ;)

my imho: WOW IS BULLSHIT, same as all other warcraft, starcraft and diablo series

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Teren said:
if ppl hate toa so much bcoz its a pve timesink.... what is wow then? ;)

my imho: WOW IS BULLSHIT, same as all other warcraft, starcraft and diablo series

WoW looks different though :)

Tbh i'm kinda holding out that WoW will keep away all the 'omgwtfzerglingnoobfotmbitchdieirlfucktard' type of people who should really be playing CS is they want to go on about how much 'skill' they have :)

And Starcraft owned. :D

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Unlike Mythic, Blizzard put thought into their exp system, so its not just a boring exp grind.

I've played the beta myself, and imo Blizzard are on to a winner.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
Until you have played beta or even better, the full game (seeing as beta is not finished) how can you say a game is shit? And with the l337 players, all online games will have people that spend more time and have better knowledge/equipment which is fair enough. Only 1 day to sign up now, hopefuly if the pve is fun enough and they do make the pvp server as they said WoW will be a fun game. :]

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
harebear said:
Until you have played beta or even better, the full game (seeing as beta is not finished) how can you say a game is shit? And with the l337 players, all online games will have people that spend more time and have better knowledge/equipment which is fair enough. Only 1 day to sign up now, hopefuly if the pve is fun enough and they do make the pvp server as they said WoW will be a fun game. :]

there is pvp on the pve servers and there is a beta pvp server?? (difference is that on pve you can choose not to pvp and on PvP server you can always get attacked, allthough if you are really far inside your own country than most likely no one of the other realm will get there (so it is still a RvR server, not camlann))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom