Would you Play if? ...

LecTaN

Fledgling Freddie
Hm.. first ToA/NF is the reason i quit playing daoc and i guess many will follow. And yes roll back to SI when it was abit harder to get good items and not everyone who got em. /salut Daoc, greatest mmorpg ever till now.
Welcome WoW :worthy: :cheers:

inflames

Fledgling Freddie
Gifv old emain, gifv old melee fights, gifv old RA's, gifv old players, gifv old guilds to fight, gifv SI, GIFV A REROLL BACK! // NF Sucks something big.. :puke:

Ghaladriel

Fledgling Freddie
Back to the Darkageoftankalot ... no thx xD GP,savage quad every sec .. no thx xD 0 relics for Albs in a year no thx xD ooo but if i am an Alb ... lolz

QQ more nabs xD :flame:

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Getting more and more tired of NF..
Yes I would like to go back, but would roll hib then :m00:

LecTaN

Fledgling Freddie
SI all the fun imo! ToA means= Forcing you into pve either you want it or not, cos if you dont you suck and are like an lvl 35 to an lvl 50 without any kinds of artifacts...And NF means Zerg/archers many times over, the old fun and glory is now over, stick with the zerg or stick with your bindstone :eek7:

well anyway GG all see you in WoW or any other mmorpg... or mebeh even in quake2-ctf or ra3 :cheers:

Zaph

Fledgling Freddie
After playing Hack&Slash muds for some years and being utterly bored with them I started daoc to get away from PvE and this was easy with post-SI daoc, just exp your char to 50, SC it up and your set. ToA completely ruined this for me as I like to play different chars, not just the same old crap day in day out, but i also like to have them in the best possible gear to compete. So now instead of having to spend a week or two at most to get a new lvl50 char I have to spend weeks, if not months per char to get mls and all the crap. Also as a player who doesnt exactly find anything to do with keeps any fun (and I know a lot of fellow hibernians and possibly some mids share this view, and has ultimately made them quit the game) - especially playing a support class in keep zerging is just a tedious chore - NF has struck the final blow. Only chars I have left that are even remotely fun to play are my liddul lurikeens, chanter and bg eld.

If you have not figured it out yet, YES i would jump at the chance to play 1.65 daoc again, BUT only if some good old friends would also play there. The newness attraction factor of the game is long gone and starting all over again just wouldnt do, even in the best patch of the game.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
i didn't mind toa when it was done (which it never was... damn you better templates! ;x) but damn it sucked to do it... knowing you're forced to do it was probably the worst (overlooking the spawntime and hidious droprates >_<) I love playing druid, i really, really do... When i rolled one i wasn't sure if i would but know i dont know why i didn't roll support at my first char 8(.

Im missing emain, im missing the milegates (who thought i'd say that o_O) i miss it all pre NF. But roll on SI server and i wouldn't think twice about logging in!

Vaar

Fledgling Freddie
NO. Simply because I like changes. A LOT have been to the worse IMO. But without evolution I personally wouldn't stay. Givf nerfs and boosts. Items and dynamics changes. If not... After a while you know all the moves and things are kinda turning into advanced math with a very small x-factor.

So change is needed, and a stuck server would not be the big IT for me.

But I don't see the devastating effect such a server WOULD have. Like Kagato. Givef more options like 1.65, Coop...

Catacombs will be a addon in the true sense of the name I guess. It definatly seems like a horizontal growth which will be interesting to give a shot. How the new classes will affect RvR we will have to wait and see.

TinyPop

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, i believe all the xpaks and patches have had all their own problems, but in all fairness this game is still the best out atm and even with World of WarHacks (beta pve exp hacks out alrdy ><)

the main problemm i see with NF is that pre NF, the albs were lost, leaderless, and rp horney worse than elvis for burgers, and ran around like headless chickens - as we all know bar a few - who used radar or not

with the NF map, the noobs and pro leets can see shit happening now and amass at one point - the albs are "BIG UP"'ing tappi for leading successful RRs but thats bollox imo as the albs clicked WARMAP and saw fires and swords o dloom and flights amany and ran straight there.

albs had more cgs than they eaten dirt the other relic raid night, so the only thing to set NF rite imo is to kill the NF map - to cut the bulldogs balls off as it were

i GUARENTEE you if u ran into the corner of say the alb map, and just for 3 fgs aside to just spam lowest damage spells, nukes and styles (to flag it on the warmap) as a test, then ud get an almighty wtfpwn zerg inc because of it

1.70 is no skill atm - until 1.71 comes out and restores balance to teh force :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Jika said:
b4 u roleplayed and now when zerg is out u zerg also ? :D

if running as a fg is zerging yes....

though tbh if we have more than 8 in RvR on we run with more than 8 :) we just run as a guild, not making any presumptions of l33t fgness worry not ;)

have been avoiding the overly zergy places because it's too bloody laggy to think there. Taking towers is fun (to be flattened by 60 mids 5m later) as a guild.

Afternoon Tea

Fledgling Freddie
I would assume this would be possbile if someone had a good enough puter to run the new server on. It would'nt have to be done by GoA or Mythic. Someone that knows what thier doing to create a new server ect on a new machine. though I assume people wouldnt want to start over and would want to /transfer thier chars or something which may be possible, I dont know, but even if it wasnt, Its not like it takes alot to get 50 and do some SC'ing. and since its a server run by the people, we could give everyone a full suit of MP armor for thier class upon startup and give chars a craft of thier choice maxed out so we could get back to rvr faster.

Anyway was just a thought, I'm not capable of it but someone might be.
cheers

vintervargen

Banned
daoc is old, even with all the new fluff its basically the same game as it was at release.. this is what made people quit imo, more then toa/nf changes.

cause lets face it, its also the mentality in daoc that have changed enormously, due to all class imbalances and bugs, most people are pissed about one thing or another :). this makes it hard to get even fights in NF as almost noone want to let people fight alone. now the aim for rvr is just 'kill kill, give rps, even if its just 5 of em' kinda style.

that said, it would be pretty easy for FGs to decide for an area where you would go after a certain time of day; but even rvr guilds might be interested in keepdefense/taking, as it draws enemies to that point. now however, it also draws realmmates there.

my point got lost somewhere, but i guess i just want to say that people are generally bored, but also when you have played in a good FG, aka guildgroup, aka elitists, aka megameights, aka 12yoCSkiddies, it is hard to accept defeat when you know you can do better... this is one reason why the oldtime hibbies dont wanna rvr anymore (those that are left) :)

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Taking towers is fun (to be flattened by 60 mids 5m later) as a guild.

Any particulary guild? :p

All I mean is that its almost impossible to go fg's nowadays cause of all the Keep/tower magnet power. Like in the old days you could allways spend some hours with GG in Odin's to find som minor 2fg random hibs rr2-rr4 to gank etc and some albs. But now its all about stone and wood.

DAoC has changed too much to still be fun for me at least now its time for the rr1-rr4 zergs to have fun at keeps to get some rp's.
And you say casters didn't do good in SI? What about the strong Dem hibbies oh sorry they prob went tank group cause you guys can't be wrong its impossible :p

Im just saying that GoA will be loosing 2 more accounts very soon :)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:
All I mean is that its almost impossible to go fg's nowadays cause of all the Keep/tower magnet power. Like in the old days you could allways spend some hours with GG in Odin's to find som minor 2fg random hibs rr2-rr4 to gank etc and some albs. But now its all about stone and wood.

This "its impossible to do fg RvR" anymore whine is old already.

Its easy enough to lure out a fg of Mids or Hibs to a tower and deal with them open field if you put your mind to it. If you win, eventually more will come thats true, but then you cut your losses move one and start again elsewhere.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:
WTF FoM ran 1FG? I though you couldn't leave svasud with less than 3fg. :p

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah we had a Fixed caster group in FoM. Was fun but when NF came we separeted too much cause of lots of em plays stealthers etc.
Was fun with 3 female players in the fixed group :p
Women are v.good at games too.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Brylle Madness said:
Any particulary guild? :p

DAoC has changed too much to still be fun for me at least now its time for the rr1-rr4 zergs to have fun at keeps to get some rp's.
And you say casters didn't do good in SI? What about the strong Dem hibbies oh sorry they prob went tank group cause you guys can't be wrong its impossible :p

Im just saying that GoA will be loosing 2 more accounts very soon :)

was Humberton Guard - not a leet fg guild btw - we just happened to have a fg at the time..

And the reason we got zerged was probably because it was about 20-30m after nottmoor had been retaken by mids (pre-relic stuff) and we attacked and took nottmoor spire. Guess the army was just sitting in Nottmoor faste :) and we got unlucky.

In contrast when we'd taken that tower the day before we'd had a fight with about 1fg of mids between it and the neighbouring tower with some extras from both sides drifting in for a few hours (don't think anyone had worked out how to get there by then ;))

as for fg fun - a hib group was running around near hurbury the other day, tapping on a keep then moving on to draw out some fights (but not staying put long enough to get zerged - or so it seemed). Sounds like a good plan to me if that's your sorta thing :) Also taking an opted fg between where the enemy are porting in and where they're fighting should surely provide some entertainment? (sheep to begin with then probably some other gank groups that'll come to hunt you down)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Brylle Madness said:
Would you love the game that it were if it still was back in the times when SI came?
Would you rather prefer a roll back to SI for your servers?
What do you think? Were SI more fun than the ToA rush and NF?

Yes ToA = daoc death knell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom