Would you Play if? ...

Brylle Madness

Fledgling Freddie
Would you love the game that it were if it still was back in the times when SI came?
Would you rather prefer a roll back to SI for your servers?
What do you think? Were SI more fun than the ToA rush and NF?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Brylle Madness said:
Would you love the game that it were if it still was back in the times when SI came?

before ToA came along I was bored, nothing to do other than raid Sidi occasionally and roll another alt.

before NF I really disliked RvR.

so, no :)

Hanni

Fledgling Freddie
Givf back patches 1.62 thru 1.65..
Most balanced patches ever!

Daoc is crap now, will be forever and ever - People will quit and since its near impossible to start all over as a new player, the game will die and be forgotten :p

But I loved the game back then =)

Ps. Im not negative :D

athom

One of Freddy's beloved
ToA sux. And nf sux even more, nf = no fun.... Impossible to get a decent fight theese days. NF was abit fun in the start tho. Only because rp's was so easy to get. Thx to albs for bringing their zerg to water and comming down one by one. :clap: But now its just zZz. Roll back to savage "nerf" patch tbh, that was cool imo... Anyways, thx for wasting my time and money mythic, appreciate it... :eek:

herberts

Fledgling Freddie
dunno ive always enjoyed the game untill nf patch, they took most of the parts of the game that i enjoyed away

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Make a "nostalgic" server with 1.65 patch and im sure it will be almost max populated since the 1st day with ppl from all the GoA servers + ppl coming back to the game :p

So all the ppl who enjoy patches post 1.66 n current NF could still playing in their usual servers :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:

Oh, but ofc. Let's roll to pre-fixxed savages. I am sure it was fun for everyone! :m00:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Gifv back no-falling-damage and identical style/spellicons tbh imo.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Brylle Madness said:

Shortly after SI was probably when I enjoyed RvR the most, in the time between getting SI and before the fotm's got their bonedancers and anamists to level 50 (never cared about savages or thought them a problem even before the nerf personally).

If it meant keeping anamists and bd's out i'd actually like to patch back to pre-si just after we had DF but ideally SI with a fix to bd's and shrooms would be best.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
even if casters were getting the big black cock 1.65 daoc was the best(tm)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
even if casters were getting the big black cock 1.65 daoc was the best(tm)
It sucked. It sucked so bad I quit the game for 11 months. :( No fun to spend your time getting a char outfitted for RvR, get some RRs and get one rounded by 2 RR1 savages assisting before your healer can even react. :(

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
i can't solo anywhere as a stealther. e.g. go to a dock, get ganked by 2 people camping it, go to a tower or keep .. can't climb the walls because of the no climb points etc or hit the door because you get hot oil all over yourself. Ranged stealthers are doing ok, they have plenty of time, zephyr etc etc!

o wait i just remembered i didnt solo in the first place :p

well either way, i don't like keep takes :( not that i wasnt getting bored of daoc before NF anyway so either way QQ

Minau

Loyal Freddie
IF they made a "pre-toa" server it would be packed from day 1.
But it will never happend cuz that would be like admitting Mythic
fucked everything up. I even considered moving to the italian servers
for a while, cuz they were still stuck in the SI patch.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
Yes i would start over :) TOA was fine, the problem is i think that they removed old emain :( i miss the old frontiers, atleast then u now where u could find 1 v 1 fights

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Tiztla said:
Yes i would start over :) TOA was fine, the problem is i think that they removed old emain :( i miss the old frontiers, atleast then u now where u could find 1 v 1 fights
Sometimes I look through the gates of DL from the inside and see the old Gorge. It makes me sad. :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
People ALLWAYS dislike changes in the beginning, after 3 months (is sooner then u think) and Catacombs hit for u lads, u'll start to whine aboitut that to.

U guys disliked SI, i really liked it.:x
And now u all say, give back SI ?

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
before ToA came along I was bored, nothing to do other than raid Sidi occasionally and roll another alt.

before NF I really disliked RvR.

so, no :)

b4 u roleplayed and now when zerg is out u zerg also ? :D

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AngelHeal said:
People ALLWAYS dislike changes in the beginning, after 3 months (is sooner then u think) and Catacombs hit for u lads, u'll start to whine aboitut that to.

Its been almost a year since ToA n many many ppl still disliking it (my case).
SI was nice in the end coz it brought SC n faster xping zones.

Sum1 pointed it out: opening a "nostalgic" server with v 1.65 would hurt nobody (multiple options are allways welcomed, like a coop server), even Mythic or GoA could check this way the success of ToA+NF looking at the amount of players joining that "new" server :)

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Would be kinda fun to start over again. Dunno what patch baod was fixed, it was in one of the later savage nerf patches, no? I mean when they changed resists so resists from ra's went to a different "pool". Baod fix made it possible to run non tank groups again for non hibs too. Not sure I'd play mid, I like my eld very much. Spearo could be fun as well, i have a 41 spearo on pryd, tinker a bit with it now and then, as I do with most of my chars.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
Was nothing wrong with SI, the best thing was people who wanted to stick at rvr and hated pve could just completely ignore SI and carry on. Those who liked pve had a whole load of new zones to explore, and some fairly nice items as well.

SC and potions came around as well and they were fantastic idea's, SC so ppl didn't have to farm ages to get a good setup and potions to add more skill in rvr.

TOA was like the complete opposite of SC, no longer do we want it to be easy to get the best equipment for rvr, you must farm for hours!

On paper NF sounds good, a much bigger zone to roam around in (sometimes emain was a little crowded) however a lot of the time the zone is just too big! Emain was the perfect size non prime time, and there was always odins if it got too busy. Now in NF it's like where do we go?! I wanna avoid zergs and find fg's but they could be anywhere in ~12 rvr zones! :(

DF was definitely the best addition to daoc, I still remember watching the vid from the US in awe about a month before we got it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i actually enjoyed toa personally, if you desperatly tried to rush through it then sure it would have sucked, having said that, there is no way i would put myself through getting another char ml10 and all the artis etc, more of a one off thing. NF, now i dont really know what to make of it still, i can hate it one day and enjoy it the next (siege defense is pretty fun) getting run over by the warder zerg isnt. I actually had my most fun in game in the 1-2 months leading up to TOA, getting something to 50 and kitted out was a breeze, then you could enjoy the game for as long or as short as you wanted.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
TOA and NF are the best, for me that is.
I never had such great fun as i have now.

Btw, i liked the old stuff alot aswell but i have more fun in a big battle over a keep instead of a (rewardless) keeptake that last 10 min.

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
TOA and NF are the best, for me that is.
I never had such great fun as i have now.

Btw, i liked the old stuff alot aswell but i have more fun in a big battle over a keep instead of a (rewardless) keeptake that last 10 min.

U are joking right?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Hotrats said:
On paper NF sounds good, a much bigger zone to roam around in (sometimes emain was a little crowded) however a lot of the time the zone is just too big!

Yet its too small, was a shame that last week 90% of the action has been either btwn Nottmoor n Glenlock, Nottmoor and Bledmeer or Bledmeer and Blendrake.

Minau

Loyal Freddie
What i dont get is that Mythic must know that a pre-toa server would be packed, still they dont make 1.. Ok so they will admitting fucking up, so what
doesnt they want more people to play ? Just face the fact and make people
happy.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:

I thought SI would be shit, it was, it still is.
I thought ToA would be shit, it was, it still is.
I thought NF would be shit, it is and it will be tomorrow and every day after.
I think Catacombs will be shit, given the above track record, I think its safe to say it will be.

I sincerely hope im proven wrong, but I doubt this will be the case.

And before the idiots start going on about why do you still play then, I play to be with my friends i've made here who mean more to me then the game, not because the game is fun in itself, my friends are fun, the enemies I respect are fun, the game itself is shit now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom