Would you come back if server population better?

Would you play on cluster of population was high again?

• Yes

Votes: 215 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 72 23.9%
  • I looooveee world of warcraft pvp!!

Votes: 14 4.7%

• Total voters

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Would you go back to excal/prydwen if the server population high again?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yes...if they let mythic take over the server

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Depending on how much was changed/what was added/fixed/changed - then maybe. (also, make it cheaper =< :D)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
No, the game is old now. There are only so many characters you can level to 50, then get rr5 plus before getting bored. The US server was good as a timesink whilst the summer got here, now its time for beer and barbeques!

Also, the friends I made in this game have moved elsewhere, the friends I joined up with have moved onto other things.

Its time for me to lay DAOC to rest with fond memories

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
So the friday news are right? "With the growing population in the RvR zones..." No need for plan a or b anymore?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
So the friday news are right? "With the growing population in the RvR zones..." No need for plan a or b anymore?

Ah, the "growing population in rvr" is just those pvers who now have thier TOA gear sorted.

Server numbers are the same, just the players are now doing different things

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Also, I am not sure if the increased rvr population is on dyvet, it can be on other clusters (classic, french, german).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Its just more GOA bullshit, they should go into government.

Outright lies
Cock ups
Cover ups
False promises
Not understanding their people or their wishes
Not understanding their "product"

They have all the basics covered!

The RvR pop has not got bigger on excal/pryd as the stats on Stats for Dark Age of Camelot servers Clearly show, the average population for may was a whopping 358!

Pretty dire reading

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
I never left, still here playing away, still have plenty of friends running around with me.

Granted there's less people overall, but it really hasn't efected my game, still more than enough people around for me at the moment.

Still running to get an artifact encounter only to find a couple of groups already there and having to beg to get my group in the bg etc.

Still managing to find enough mids or hibs to have a bit of fun with in rvr.

Still able to get a group up at short notice to do epics or champ quests.

Still seeing plenty of ML raids.

:)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
How GOA could get more players on dyvet? (Not destroying dyvet cluster and expanding geran or french ones)

By fixing problems, getting new players, getting old players back, making people happy by providing a good service. It would mean, not only the population problem is fixed, but many many other problems as well. Such changes can make visiting dyvet again a good choice.

Everz

FH is my second home
no, why?

because ive played the uncoming patches for europe, the amount of crap mythic are pilling into the game to ruin my view of the game (solo) is really a joke, just look at US pop.. before 1.88 hitting 10k.. after it.. barely reaching 8k.. archers, op'd warden/maulers/valks..

no thnx

Thadius

Part of the furniture
By fixing problems
Damage has been done, so many years of crap like Open Transit has hurt the old playerbase. Item databse crash did not help, since it took them nearly 6months or more to fix

getting new players
Try doing that with little or no advertisement. Oh and with games like WoW taking up the marketplace, I fail to see this materialising.

getting old players back
See my first point. People that have left have lost faith with GOA. The same with a chemist, would you still go to Boots for your pills if you found out they were giving out the wrong ones? Brand loyalty is a BIG factor in any company.

making people happy by providing a good service
This one made me smile, GOA have realeased little on a "solution" that they say they are working on. Wouldn't call that good service! :) Also, spawning guards on soloers, the whole TT incident, one mistake after another. Taking a very one sided approach to one style of play when there are clearly at least 3 is bad service

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Damage has been done, so many years of crap like Open Transit has hurt the old playerbase. Item databse crash did not help, since it took them nearly 6months or more to fix

I think item daabase crash didn't help, since it showed two problems: GOA had no good backups, and haven't admited fault, haven't posted changes. We can see a new database crash anytime, a fire in their datacenter, etc. this is why I think improvement is a must to recover population and if they fix issues and recover population we will see a whole different picture.

Also the item database wasn't about slow response, problems in communication, even some rude GMs, but also spoke about how GOA failed to detect problems and react in time.

Before that we had ID bugs, and reported it. GOA said it was normal even in the early days of game, so it shouldn't be related. But we know a few things:

1st: at the time of these reports they haven't checked databases, haven't checked for problems, but said the customer is stupid. BUT later it was found out even at that time database was corrupted.
2nd: at a later time we seen item duplication bugs. So we had more and more bugs, and more of it reported, but yet noone checked for the reason behind bugs.
3rd: at a later time the server started to fall appart, they restarted it without checking for the cause of bugs, and at this time the database corruption was widespread and caused a LOT of problems.
4th: later GOA and its fanboy E&E team flamed people who said not running diagnostics, not having full backups from different times, not having tools to fx damaged records based on old data, etc. isn't normal.

GOA people was lieing, was rude and was incompetent.

About OT, they claimed they have no relation to the ISPs owned by France Telecom, and they claimed there are no other network backbone in France. Sprintlink, Vivendi, etc. was all present and it was provided by OFFICIAL data, but the same GOA related crew was rude and agressive.

IF all of this changes and GOA gets fully restructured and fix all of the problems (including ones that aren't visible unless there is a crash) and can tell us what is fixed, I think they can get some sizeable population back.

But without such changes, I have every reason to tell people on every forum to avoid GOA like a plague and when Warhammer online is starting get US version instead.

IF GOA doesn't want such advertisement at many forums, gaming magazines, etc. they should fix the problems. But somehow I doubt they can fix it, and even if some of their recent changes can be positive, I doubt that they can fix dyvet.

And this shows clearly why people should avoid them like a plague.

Added in Edit: But I don't see why GOA can't work to change it all. it is hard, but technically possible

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Changed my mind.. No longer intend to return to DAoC as long as I have to pay. Just because I don't want to level or pl another toon.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Sigh...

For me, and most of the people I know from Daoc it had nothing to do with the item database crash, or the population. The active choice from GoAs english team to get involved in game mechanics and randomly use their ruleset to benefit zerg fighting and prevent anything else by punishing their customer base with other views by bans.

(which this last change to the CoC shows. But credit to them for actually changing the CoC instead of randomly using SotG for banning people this time around)

I voted no, mainly because I wouldnt want to come back as long as the english GoA team keeps trying to enforce zerg play on everyone and everywhere. I myself dont mind a good zerging, but I see no reason for for forcing people into it, and I dont like any kind of force when it comes to something I pay to play for fun.

In my opinion the german GoA team are handling things alot better so far. Let people do what ever they want as long as they are acting within the parameters of the game.

/Charmangle

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
if they cluster so its a more active frontier I think I would fix my NS again with new template at least.. now its just pointless as is. :(

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
where are the options "i don't care about the pop and will come back anyways (when i sorted some stuff)" and the "i wouldn't even come back if the server hits pop cap at 5am" option.

for me that's option no1 here.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
If you came back anyway, the population would be bigger? so why not just come back - u know u want to ;)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
If you came back anyway, the population would be bigger? so why not just come back - u know u want to ;)

I`ll comeback when/if i see Takh` hunter overtake me in the rp list:p....

so that will be never then hehe :flame:

Drungan

One of Freddy's beloved
i will, but first it's time to get me final exams sorted. and hopefully in summer i'm good to go again ;)

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Personally I think daoc is to old. It was great fun for the 5 years I played it, but it's old now. I'd rather see GoA(and Mythic) spending their money on WAR. They have a lot of more customers to get there since it's a new, very anticipated game. I don't think daoc could take a reasonable chunk of WoW's database, like wow did to daoc, do you?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
If you came back anyway, the population would be bigger?

Population can be described by both the amount of players, and the quality of players, also the general mood of the population (how happy most players are) :) And bigger numbers isn't equal better... if we have more people who are unhappy with the game that isn't exactly better.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
I would seriously consider it....

but having patches alot sooner is a bonus i think i would miss more than id like to believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom