Wot Phone?

Tilda

Do I go for N95 with low battery life,
RIZR for cool looks but not out properly yet,
or some other phone?

I currently have a Razor which I love, its sleek it does what I want it to do (txt and phone) and has a hooge standby time.
Anybody got any suggestions?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you're happy with your RAZR, what about a K1? Similar kinda thing just smaller. The W880i is also a good choice if you want something sleek.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I warn you now though, the camera on the w880i is poo.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Do I go for N95 with low battery life,
RIZR for cool looks but not out properly yet,
or some other phone?

I currently have a Razor which I love, its sleek it does what I want it to do (txt and phone) and has a hooge standby time.
Anybody got any suggestions?

The N95 is really no use if you intend to use any of its features other than text/phone and don't plan on charging more than once a day. I suppose it would be great if you were always around your car so you could charge up as you go.

I was told about the shit battery life but nobody spelled it out quite this plainly :p I assumed it would last me till night so I could charge on a daily basis. :D

soze

I am a FH squatter
Avoid the N95 untill there is a new firmware for the GPS and a new battery.

I'm using one of these at the moment HTC: Products: HTC S710 and it is a really good phone but if you do not use email for work might be overkill.

Im waiting for a K850 in October November now :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Tilda

Those are two very different examples you gave! The Nokia N95 is an amazing phone, especially given all the features it manages to cram in, but Earl is right that the battery life is apparently dire. Anyway, given that basic functions, standby time, and style seem to be most important factors, I would probably give the N95 a miss.

If you like Motorola, the RAZR2, KRZR and RIZER all have pretty looks and solid (if not stellar) features. Samsung leads the pack in terms of thin handsets and quite advanced hardware, particularly with its Ultra series. If looks are important, the LG Shine is apparently destined to follow in the tracks of its popular predecessor, the LG Chocolate.

Sadly I can't vouch for any of these myself, the above are just some of the more popular offerings that I recall off the top of my head, but it's safe to say that you have a lot of choice. As always, be sure to check comparison and review websites like GSM Arena and infoSyncWorld (again, these are just a couple that come to mind, there are many others which offer more in-depth reviews and coverage).

As for deals, it's debatable where the best prices are to be had. Some are online (although be careful about rebates and free gifts, they often require jumping through a lot of hoops); some are via telephone (especially if you're a contract customer threatening to cancel or switch); and some are in-store (if you can find a decent salesperson).

As always, it's best to:

• Decide what you need
  • Do you research
  • Only buy when you're well-informed and sure of what you want
Kind regards

Jonty

P.S. Oops, soze reminded me of Sony Ericsson. They also have a good array of solid handsets. Their designs may not always be to everyone's liking, but the hardware and software has a generally good reputation. Sadly I can't be more specific as I'm not so au fait with mobiles these days (for my sins, I use Windows Mobile).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Had Motorola for last 3 phones and really like them. N95 is not bad but battery life sux big time. Just changed my L7 for a ROKR E3 and I love it. functionality is great, does everything and the 2Mb camera takes decent pics. Texting is very fast with the pen and on screen keyboard.

Maybe worth a look but it is slightly larger than the L7 wider and about 2mm thicker.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I warn you now though, the camera on the w880i is poo.

Have you seen the camera on the RAZR? :)

Don't go near any LG handsets. They r teh poo. Our return rate on the Chocolate was something like 50% maybe even higher.

May I also completely unbiasedly suggest the SE W950i if you can find one. No camera but the rest of it superb. 4Gb storage, touchscreen, stable software and a long battery life (I normally go 3 days without charging it).

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I swapped my LG Chocolate for a Sony W850i a month or two ago, and I've never been happier phone wise. The LG really was poo and the W850i is excellent.

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Yeh I've got the W850i, pretty decent although mines been through the wars, dropped it on the pavement, although no exterior damage the slide doesn't work anymore, ie doesn't lock/unlock etc. Oh and the headpiece speak on mine got a bit dodgy... which i fixed by opening it up taking off a piece of fabric that had come detached and stuck it together.....

. with superglue... broke the latches... Anyway! it still works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom