Worth Renewing?

Gamah

Banned
RvR seems to have improved by reading around? So is it worth renewing if I am going to be playing a solo minstrel or is it worse than ever?

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Not worth it. I can't believe I renewed for 3 months in september.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Stopped playing about 3 weeks ago , most of the Irish crew are at freeshards now , Statued Brekahn Tinneth etc and seem to be having more fun. Log on occasionally for set group or whatever but enjoying instant action a lot more.

I logged on last night and was the same old story . Logged in 2nd account that I have to pay for to get buffs, took a boat ride , couldnt find much , then found a solo fight , then got add , then died , then did it again . Going to let my accounts run out myself , I find there is just too much downtime for that one good fight that you might find without add. Its not always the way of course and Im in no way trying to say Oh play Shard but from what it was to what it is .. thinking Ill pack in paying for camelot at this stage . Dont feel Im getting my value for money regardless if its mythics fault or my own .

Reactivate and judge yourself Gamah , you will probably find a lot of solo fights around crau but as a hib Im having a lot of trouble finding solo fights and really starting to enjoy insta 50 action a lot more . Also the fact that it is possible that servers get wiped every couple of months I find it less addictive to get my character up on realm ranks .

my 2cs

Everz

FH is my second home
if you know a few good m8s that still play then yes, if not then dont bother

Yer, there is only solo fights these days! Everyone strays away from bridges and there is no adding/zerging/Sh/Ga group anymore! wooo \o/

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
its not worth it. its same old shit, log on and find some shite irvr, mastade raiding alb, then wen hibs logged hib gets alarm clock raided in response to the zerging of their frontier earlier on that evening. rinse and repeat!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
U still find some solers around, gotta have tons of patience tho.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
Ronso said:
Stopped playing about 3 weeks ago , most of the Irish crew are at freeshards now , Statued Brekahn Tinneth etc and seem to be having more fun. Log on occasionally for set group or whatever but enjoying instant action a lot more.
Well if you dont like adds then freeshards are not the way to go. Theres just insane adding/cheating on those. Been trying many of them and sure its insta action but you get tired of it very fast tbh. It can be fun sometimes but its in no way a replacement for the real servers. Not only is it addland and cheatland but it also contains too many bugs for me to like it more than playing around on now and then. Oh and almost forgot to mention the lag ALL of them have. Its probably caused by DoL being so unstable than ISP problems.

I prefer good old cluster where you actually can get a no add fight once in a while ;p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
prodical said:
its not worth it. its same old shit, log on and find some shite irvr, mastade raiding alb, then wen hibs logged hib gets alarm clock raided in response to the zerging of their frontier earlier on that evening. rinse and repeat!

that's just so last week ;)

gohan

FH is my second home
RvR has picked up alot this week but the solo scene still quite dead.....NF terain just not solo freindly with so many rp whore about

but the zerg v zerg action quite fun atm..... get a fairly decent pug pick a bridge own the rr1-4 camper zerg an run away giggling

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
ive had some very nice 1on1's lately, but tbh that's mostly duo to haveing whinersmincer close by to take on the add's (and me 4 him etc). else i wouldnt try to solo much in primetime, unless there is a solo zone ^^

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
tbh the game is what YOU make it. Most of it is about having the right approach and not worrying too much if you keep meeting people who don't play the way you do. Sometimes it can be tough to find those one on ones and you can get zerged several times in a row.

Your choice? Simply log in another project and work on that casually for a while rather than getting too consumed by the fact that few people around at that time play the way you do.

Like I said its all about the right mentality. No point in crying a river at everyone who adds tbh. That is the path to the dark side.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I really don't know where you guys go, but when i'm out on sb for some solo action i never had problems to find it...
Ofc if you log out after the first time you get added on, you can't find a lot to fight...But i guess comming in FH to whine about this game gaves you more satisfaction that actually playing the game :eek7:

Back to the topic: if you ask, it's because you miss the game, then give it a try again and make your mind.
But don't expect to have it easy, you will get zerged, you will get added and you will have shitty days/nights, but then a once you will have that fabulous fight that will make you smile. And maybe you will realize that's all it's about in this game: having fun.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Amiga said:
I prefer good old cluster where you actually can get a no add fight once in a while ;p

I prefer good old cluster too but more so I prefer good old frontiers . Im bringing sexy back by the way :eek:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
prodical said:
I can show you how to put a quote into your signature if you want my m8 ...

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
Septima said:
I really don't know where you guys go, but when i'm out on sb for some solo action i never had problems to find it...
Ofc if you log out after the first time you get added on, you can't find a lot to fight...But i guess comming in FH to whine about this game gaves you more satisfaction that actually playing the game :eek7:
4 an infil's pov : crau is nice 4 soloing, but u will allways have a few low rr caster's / ranger's that will add on u and run the second they get in trouble.

bled : noway, waay to many WL/BD/SM's that the second u get pop'd will kill u strait of, if u wanna fight there u have to stand way back so u cant see the bridge and let's face it not many ppl @ bled that is going 4 a 1on1.

beno : very nice to solo infact i have gotten some of my best fight's there, but u have to many alb's there and there is the caster crew's that still will add once a while.

ofc in irvr u will get some port area's clear and u can find some nice fight's there...

brad

Fledgling Freddie
If you intend to solo gamah i wouldn't bother, i just don't bother trying anymore so it's preety crap most days tbh.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Didn't find the game worth playing like 1-2 weeks ago so I stopped playing, haven't regretted it so far.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Gamah said:
RvR seems to have improved by reading around? So is it worth renewing if I am going to be playing a solo minstrel or is it worse than ever?

You cant come back until my Vamp is at least RR7 ........ should be about the week before WaR is released at the rate im going :(

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Find a mate that plays same time as you and is solo spec. get on comms together....then just go out and solo like normal but watch each others backs...10 times more fun than soloing. (especially if your friend has BG).

This sort of solo / duo thing with my friar and Kithana's infil was the most fun i've had (aside from FGvFG) and we didnt break the solo code of conduct.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
trying to find a solo niche in a MASIVE MULTIPLAYER is like trying to stay dry during a rainshower by running around.

i guess it can be done, but for most people it will prove to frustrating to keep trying.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
solo is still around, just dont go where the zerg is.

Ging

Part of the furniture
when playing i wank alot, it proves to be a most pleasurable experince :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:
trying to find a solo niche in a MASIVE MULTIPLAYER is like trying to stay dry during a rainshower by running around.

i guess it can be done, but for most people it will prove to frustrating to keep trying.

You know what?

MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER is not the definition of zerging.

All that means is that there's a massive amount of players playing, it does not tell you that it's pointless to solo or that it's a must to zerg or add.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Fucking terrible - why do you think I rolled sorc - in the absence of any solo'ers each fight went much like this: Find random caster/unstealthed stealther, dd, dd pop flute mezz, dd dd stun, get a few backstyles off - said enemy is almost dead when BAM 1-2 adds wade in with PA/Critshot - not a problem, blow warguard and battler and keep going using IP and FA. Die to 4th/5th/6th adds with the original enemy on about 10%.
Get emote spammed by all 6 of them
/Qtd.
Least with a MoC3 body sorc you can take a few of the fuckers with you :)
Seriously mate you'll have more fun on your bainshee.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
I still solo. and mincers don't suck, best class I have played.
you are saying :p get a few back styles, how about sideslicer? if you can't melee them to death! then kite them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom