Worth it?

leggy

Probably Scottish
And I appear to have used a whole load of extra random words.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
wow, running Skyrim ENB with the 970 in SLI is terrible 0_o

Olgaline

FH is my second home
So with DSR your processor

Popular games maybe but I doubt it for games like Witcher 3, GTA V and metro redux (the latter seems like a shit port though). Might be wrong but I'm only going on experience. I typically have to make concessions with AA and what not to get up to 60fps. The 970 is a better card but I haven't bought get one because I doubt it'd give me what I want (ie the same as what you want). Might wait for the 390x

My 970 runs 60 fps GTA5 in ultra at high FPS at 1920x1080 without pulling a sweat so far.

TdC

tis a funny thing: my single 780 ran Skyrim/ENB better than the SLI 970's. What's entirely possible/probable is that the ENB install got messed up at some point. Haven't played Skyrim in a while and I got all kinds of messages re new versions of things. Don't have the time atm to sort stuff out though.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
tried it with both Msaa and Fxaa no difference in performance feel thus far...

I'm no TechWizz though, so maybe have the likes of @TdC give you some feedback

TdC

Err I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure I will be getting one straight away (Need to get a 4k monitor to go with it!) but its on my list for this year. I think the card will see us well into the next gen of consoles and beyond. From the (leaked) specs and benchmarks it will be a beast. I will probably blow most of my bonus this year on tech stuff, I want a 4k monitor and a new graphics card and the wife wants a new tellie so she can watch Eastenders, bigger.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm getting one. If I could pre-order it now I would. It will do me just fine with everything maxed at 3440x1440 (indeed it's probably overkill) and I have no intention of going up to 4k for the foreseeable.

Benchmarks here, @Scouse (Fiji XT = 390X). Large grains of salt applicable but if the card even gets close to these numbers (especially at the launch price I've seen bandied about) it's going to cause Nvidia a lot of problems.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the VR implementation that sounds interesting tbh. It's given me pause for thought on an upgrade path.

At the moment there's very few games that push the PC envelope. And when I do eventually upgrade I'll certainly want to be able to run VR at very high FPS's - which'll mean 2 1920x1080 (or therabouts) individual eyepieces. And with VR you'll most likely need more than 60fps - to avoid nausea you're probably going to want to max out the refresh rate of the screens and have it stable - so two high-res displays running at 90+ fps despite whatever gets thrown at it.

With that in mind, and the suggested $1500 for the VR graphics card alone I'm thinking I'll be buying a new bike, or going on a nice holiday, and fucking this all off until prices come down.

At the moment my crappy old PC runs everything at an acceptable rate. There's simply not enough content out there to justify an upgrade - and when there is the prices will be a darn sight cheaper...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom