Worth coming back?

Tickster

Fledgling Freddie
Hiho peeps, (Tickity, Rejuvity etc here for those who remember me) i've been playing WoW since it came out over here, and i've found it pretty fun on the whole. Alot of old guildies and RL friends who left DAoC when ToA came out are playing, and people are alot more willing to spend time helping each other out than i remember in my last few months in DAoC, but it's starting to wear thin - the PvP side to WoW i absoloutely loathe from what iv'e experienced so far, there are no rewards yet implimented for pvp kills atm, but thats coming later - it's getting chain killed while trying to complete quests and lvl etc by people twice your level with nothing to do :( ....

Anyway, im just bored of having to do quest after quest after quest to level, i keep finding myself thinking whimsicly of DAoC, and how absolutely fantastic it could be at times. Basicly i want too come back, but i know its going to be radicly diffrent than i remember, low populations, old faces gone etc, so is it worth coming back? would i have any chance of doing hunts, leveling chars, RvR etc? is there a chance to consolidate sever populations in future?

Anyway, just want your opinions as to whether theres any point in returning - will i have fun?

Sorry bout how its laid out and expressed btw, tired atm :bazbeer:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I find daoc rather boring atm, but could just be the server. Few people on (usually 500-600 primetime) and quite a bit of lag. Came back a couple weeks myself and sometimes feel sorry for doing so ;p I don't recommend coming back, but someone else might.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lol im starting to crack, missing daoc peeps a lot tbh but not sure if i can face it, i mean it took me about 10 years to get my chars to 50 and now all their items (which i busted my rather sizable arse for) are uselessamd with cats on its way it'll be even worse.

wish they'd make a server that is just for classic/SI daoc then i would come back for sure.

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
As myself, I'd love to play Phos my paladin again in the new expansion!
But first I have to set a few things straight xD

I can not longer run 3 pc's... I sold one with the idea not comming back to daoc
so it'll be no hinging while playing buffed :D or having a pbt bot with me
but I think Catacombs will have a few neat tricks behind it's bars ! :D And if I join soon I can do the new things pretty fast :D
not thinking of making a new char, but boosting up Phos till the bitter end

apple banana pie.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Ezteq said:
wish they'd make a server that is just for classic/SI daoc then i would come back for sure.
it's called the italien servers :D

Tickster

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, i was kinda hoping along the lines of ' rah rah rah it's great, come back and i'll give you all my money and help you make some babies' :p

btw lev, this the original dag or person who bought the acc?

and ahoy Ez :sex:

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Hey Tickity! Remember me? (Look in signature for chars) Long time no see. Tbh, I wouldn't come back if I managed to cancel subs for as long as you have. Prydwen is seriously lacking people.
I've started to play some on hib/excal lately. Soon got my warden and druid to 50. But even there, the server has lost a lot of players. So its basically up to you what you want.
I'm not saying that its useless to come back though, I still have lots of fun. Just not as much as it used to be. Would be really nice to see some old pals back in the game. So please look me up if you decide to take a peek at DAoC again ;) :cheers:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
I will come back..
if they put the automated door back in!

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
I don't really think it's worth coming back to prydwen. Played it a few times before cata launch and it was SO dead in rvr. But if cata brings back people it's definately worth it since it's no doubt the best game on the market pvp wise still. Maybe waiting for 1.74 and see what goa does with clustering would be a good idea. But if you enjoy the pve(like I once did) I think it's worth coming back if you got some friends still playing.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well, as things are now - yes there are a lot less people on the servers. But if you, and everyone else who keeps thinking "will it be fun?", actually try it out - then yes it will be hell of a lot of fun between all the new and old people coming back, new expansion, and more active frontiers. If everyone waits to see if others will come back "first" - nothing will change.

As for myself, i've played DaoC the whole time, and have enjoyed it the whole time too. Then again i tend to enjoy many aspects of the game, which helps. :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
gah seeing all me old buddies posting makes me miss game even more, i swear if i win lotto im going to buy a mansion and set it up as a "daoc rehab house" pc in every room so you can instant messanger the butler for more pepsi and nachos!

Tickster

Fledgling Freddie
<inserts coins into slot> the darkness of addiction has reared its ugly head - i'll see you in game ^^

i might try out excal or somthing if pryd is too dead

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Tickster said:
btw lev, this the original dag or person who bought the acc?

and ahoy Ez :sex:
ye ebayed ftw im afraid but still been playing pryd server since start :D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
You should know if Dag is the real one or not tbh ;). Drop me a PM and ill come and annoy you. Oh and ToA some of your chars, Si sc is so lame :D

Kinag

Part of the furniture
It sure helps the Prydwen population alot when you tell people it's not worth coming back.

I'd say activate it one month and try it, it's not a whole lot of cash anyway.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
I find daoc rather boring atm, but could just be the server. Few people on (usually 500-600 primetime) and quite a bit of lag. Came back a couple weeks myself and sometimes feel sorry for doing so ;p I don't recommend coming back, but someone else might.

you whine as much in daoc now as you did in wow? :rolleyes:

Tickster

Fledgling Freddie
i cba to ring him vlad, though i guess i could have always asked him on tuesday when i see him :p

and why the refrence to streafs post?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tickster said:
i cba to ring him

kids today sooo damn lazy! always out :drink: 'ing. :puke: 'ing or :touch: 'ing anything that moves!!

shame on j00 grasshopper!

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Hi guys!

Having read a few threads recently about the lack of RvR and hardly anyone on this server anymore, I'm glad I got out when I did, especially as I made a tidy profit :)

Hope my old friends are well.

My old chars:

Venerable/Lyrra/Uma/Club/Deekina/Urolagnia/Earthha/Synthya

:drink:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Lyrra said:
It's not the size of the man in the fight, but the size of shite in the man...we must all struggle with our poo...

Oooooh myyy God

LMAO!!!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Gamah

Banned
Lyrra said:
Hi guys!

Having read a few threads recently about the lack of RvR and hardly anyone on this server anymore, I'm glad I got out when I did, especially as I made a tidy profit :)

Hope my old friends are well.

My old chars:

Venerable/Lyrra/Uma/Club/Deekina/Urolagnia/Earthha/Synthya

:drink:

forums dont mean shit.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
You tart Ven :D. I've seen your chars ingame, you are missing out atm, i'm still enjoying it, both on pryd and excal :)

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
You tart Ven :D. I've seen your chars ingame, you are missing out atm, i'm still enjoying it, both on pryd and excal :)

I'm glad you're still enjoying it mate. I occasionally miss it, but it was such a huge time sink at the end (MLs, artifacts etc), and not having a buffbot hurt :(

I saw that my chars are in Unclaimed and GoP now. Must be funny seeing them in game. I hope they are getting a good run out in the frontiers.

Arus Canus

One of Freddy's beloved
mm. Thought about coming back as well, but if prydwen rvr is dead, i see no point in coming back. ( pvp is my reason for playing )

Bought wow + prepaid gaming card 10days ago.... and just quit. Wow sucks ass. nice gfx, quests, mobs ... but oh what joy doin quests in ashenvale and such area's ! Never had so much fun turning in a quest when 2 lvl 60 alliance geeks raids the village as a duo, chain killing, corpse camping low lvls questing. ... need i say more?

No honor system can change this :p will still suck ass.

Go Daoc

Lyrra

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Not seen any of them in GoP myself oO :p

From Duskwave:

Urolagnia HeavenlyShowers Guardians of Power 50 178,812 2,831 Scout Inconnu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom