Worst Christmas Present You've Ever Recieved?

D

Damini

I'll go first...

My grandma once sent me a few loose jelly babies, and a Jesus Loves You bookmark that had obviously been stolen from a child at sunday School.

J

Jonaldo

Damn that's crap Damini :D

I've never recieved anything as bad as that or even comparable to it but the most dissapointing thing I got one Christmas was an inflatable Popeye punchbag. It was an ok present until my dad squashed it behind a door about 30 minutes after it had been inflated and promptly punctured it. I never got a replacement. (nor did I become a boxer, which I think I could blame my dad for imo)

T

Trem

A gold coloured bike stand for my BMX when BMX's were cool. I was laughed at for months and it often fell down when I was cornering so it kinda flipped me off sideways.

M

~Mobius~

My nan always gets me a 3 pair of underwear from Primark, every year. Of course its actually quite good since I need underwear...but christ I wouldn't mind a CD or something.

Sorry if you're reading this, nan. :(

A

Ash!

I once got a pair of Insulated outer socks for Golf Shoes. On the packet it said Ideal for playing in snow. Snow FFS!!!!

Having size 11's it made me look like sasquash. Considering I played golf once before and never after they were also farking useless!!!!

M

mobius's_nan

Originally posted by ~Mobius~
My nan always gets me a 3 pair of underwear from Primark, every year. Of course its actually quite good since I need underwear...but christ I wouldn't mind a CD or something.

Sorry if you're reading this, nan. :(

WHY I OUGHTA!!

YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BAST YOU!!:eek:

S

sad_mung

A bottle of suntan lotion.......in winter????
What was my Aunt thinking?

W

whipped

My dad managed to aquire a BMX and a Raliegh Striker and decided to give one of the bikes to me for christmas and sell the other one to my next door neighbours dad to give to his son.

After months of hinting that I wanted the BMX, what did I get ..... Yep, the Raleigh. Never forgave my dad for that, although that raliegh did last me a good 7 years and never had one puncture, damn those tyres were thick.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Ash!
I once got a pair of Insulated outer socks for Golf Shoes. On the packet it said Ideal for playing in snow. Snow FFS!!!!

Having size 11's it made me look like sasquash. Considering I played golf once before and never after they were also farking useless!!!!
Also add the point that golf balls do not roll very well in snow and could possibly be lost very easily ;)

That's like one of them Japanese useless inventions :)

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by whipped
My dad managed to aquire a BMX and a Raliegh Striker and decided to give one of the bikes to me for christmas and sell the other one to my next door neighbours dad to give to his son.

After months of hinting that I wanted the BMX, what did I get ..... Yep, the Raleigh. Never forgave my dad for that, although that raliegh did last me a good 7 years and never had one puncture, damn those tyres were thick.

I had a similar "ARGH DAD!!!" experience one christmas. I was given a "Bigfoot" for christmas. Remember that monster truck?

Anyway to get it going you turned this key. My dad was heavy handed with it and snapped the key. When we took it back they said they had no more in stock and I could choose another monster truck. The only feckin one they had was this orange pick-up called "Cherry Blossom". I was bitter about that one for some time.

T

Testin da Cable

once I got an orange sweater sporting a nice neon (neon!) green stripe down the front and back. thanks mum :(

J

Jonaldo

ok so far Dads are winning the poo Christmas present thread with 3 appearances, 2 nans, 1 mum and 1 aunt follow closely though.

G

GDW

I asked Santa for a Chopper and he left me a Tomahawk...I blamed by parents for having to small a chimney:(

E

ECA

worst for me was...

My parents bought me some games i'd asked for...

my dad had a 10 min shouting sesh at me 2 weeks later on seeing a *new* game that he thought i'd rented...not realising he'd apparently ( hi mum ) bought it me for christmas.

W

WPKenny

Originally posted by ECA
worst for me was...

My parents bought me some games i'd asked for...

my dad had a 10 min shouting sesh at me 2 weeks later on seeing a *new* game that he thought i'd rented...not realising he'd apparently ( hi mum ) bought it me for christmas.

Why would he shout at you for renting a game? And why for ten mins? Did you not say "but YOU bought me it"?

M

mobius's_nan

Originally posted by Summo
Hehehe. :D Twisting the forum reality...

...and you young man, I hope your mother knows what you do at weekends:eek:

E

ECA

Originally posted by WPKenny
Why would he shout at you for renting a game? And why for ten mins? Did you not say "but YOU bought me it"?

I'd rented some games before and he thought it was a complete waste of money etc....and you'd have to know me dad to understand the rest....

B

Brynn

Y-fronts from my nan.
1) i wear boxers
2) they were like small
3) its just wrong

S

Summo

Originally posted by mobius's_nan
...and you young man, I hope your mother knows what you do at weekends:eek:
She pays my bus fare. :(

C

CAC

3 pairs of white sports socks and 3 pairs of y-fronts from my nextdoor neighbour last year :(

i didnt really have the heart to tell her that i have worn niether since the day i left school:rolleyes:

W

Wij

A rust-heap of a second hand bike that appeared to have been covered liberally in orange gloss to cover the rust. It was also an old grandad type of bike. Neither racer nor bmx but with plain girls-style handlebars. I think I only rode it once as I was too embarrassed. I realise my parents weren't well off but surely they could have found something less embarrassing than that :( A rust-heap painted blue wouldn't have cost more would it ?

If I hadn't been the type of kid who just never did from that age of 7 onwards I would probably have cried for weeks I was that upset.

My best mate at the time was a spoilt brat as well and got about a grand's worth of gear that year.

Poor me :'(

D

Damini

Originally posted by WPKenny
I had a similar "ARGH DAD!!!" experience one christmas. I was given a "Bigfoot" for christmas. Remember that monster truck?

Anyway to get it going you turned this key. My dad was heavy handed with it and snapped the key. When we took it back they said they had no more in stock and I could choose another monster truck. The only feckin one they had was this orange pick-up called "Cherry Blossom". I was bitter about that one for some time.

Har Har. Cherry Blossom.

B

Big G

£2 from my Aunt - that won't buy me a fking beer let alone a shit present. Infact, it would pay my road toll charge into Edinburgh (once it's introduced) on my way to spend it.

Oh, i already spent it. :rolleyes:

G

1tchy trigger

My Aunt gave me a mug with 'Worlds Sexiest Lover' written on the side ... I spent the rest of Christmas trying to avoid being alone in a room with her.

On a more general note - my Nan buys my brother and I pants from the local market stall - tight, ugly, uncomfortable pants - real 'childkillers'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom