World Of Warcraft

A

Acun

I must say after checked out the videos and read the faq etc...this game seems very intersting...and i realy wanna be in on the beta testing...any1 know if there will be only US for beta test?

Will it be lots daoc ppl changing to wow...what u think?

A

Antedeluvian

And, How about Warhammer World? i saw some funny pics of bloodletters and chimeras, do anyone know sumthing bout it?

C

Cabo-

It will be good if they dont fuck up the service... ie. make online support like in d2 ect... :puke:

but else... woohoo WoW, giv giv giv :clap:

A

aucard

Originally posted by Cabo-
It will be good if they dont fuck up the service... ie. make online support like in d2 ect... :puke:

Or like DAoC ? :p

S

Sohan_THC

Originally posted by Ceap
WHEN WoW goes live, bye bye social life :p

What social life :clap:

aint seen it the past year tho :D

B

BlitheringIdiot

With WoW, Horizons, DE and Warhammer World all looking promising this will be a good time for MMORPGs. They wont be able to afford to give shoddy service as there is too much competition.

And yeah, at the moment WoW looks best.

C

Ceap

warcraft certainly has that wow factor (soz couldn't resist:p)

V

vargen

When wow comes.. Bye bye daoc! and bye bye to my last 2% of social life. =P

but hey... its WoW! :clap: GIIIIVE!

D

Driwen

just wait atleast till you have seen beta :p. As people also claimed the same for SWG/Eve/planetside. Just wait a little bit till you say you will go to that game untill someone actually did a review on it :p.

But with so many mmorpg coming out one or two off them must succeed, which might mean the beginning of the end for daoc :).

A

Acun

General: Will the beta test USA only?

It's very unlikely. It wouldn't be much of a Massively Multiplayer test if it were restricted to one continent. WoW will be played on new Battle.net architecture so this will need thorough testing also. Bill Roper implied a very wide scope in an interview with KGN.

"We want to make sure that we give ourselves enough time for beta testing. This applies to each country, so that everyone from around the world can play in a lag-free environment."

When will the beta start?

The beta is expected to begin in Q3 (sometime between August and October)

S i g n m e u p!!

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Cabo-

wont be really the same since they will charge u monthly for playing wow. d2 was free for every1. and besides, the war3 support/balance is handled really good and fast now.

R

ReaLX

I'll be playing WoW also, and prolly quit any other mmorpg that I'm playing at that time (end of 2004?). But blizzard had some criticism about how they treat the gaming community about updates on WoW etc, but I hope all that gets forgotten once WoW gets released.

It has to be said though that this is blizzard's first MMORPG so it's not only gonna be uber because they are blizzard, they still have to prove they can handle it imo...

J

JKLLN

I totally understand why Blizard is holding info back on WoW

As they stated themselves, many mmorpg's are in the works, and they'd like it if their ideas didn't get stolen (at least until the beta where it'll leak for sure).

Anyways, I'll be leaving DAoC aswell for WoW. I actually only started to play DAoC as a preparation to WoW :)

I have full faith in Blizzard, they haven't dissapointed me before, and I doubt they will now.

R

ReaLX

I don't think it's gonna be SWG poo, if you watch the movies u see the action is way more direct. I think the gameplay in PvE and PvP is gonna do great things for WoW. Plus ofcourse teh Orcs!1!1!1

B

belth

Suspecting WoW's going to be a lot more enjoyable than DAoC...

O

old.Icebreaker

WoW looks nice and i will try it out but i don't think it can beat the Daoc PvP System :)

B

belth

Originally posted by old.Icebreaker
WoW looks nice and i will try it out but i don't think it can beat the Daoc PvP System :)

You mean the endless bots?

I'd much rather have the arenas and other stuff they're planning for WoW's PvP.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by belth
You mean the endless bots?

I'd much rather have the arenas and other stuff they're planning for WoW's PvP.

GIVE NOW PLEASE!

E

erol

WoW sure looks amazing.

I've been looking forward to it for ages.:clap:

My only worry is that the gameplay will not be challenging enough, and characters not diverse enough. I really really hope I am wrong, cos I cannot wait to try it out.

I personally reckon the beta will probably be US only, Blizzard are pretty funny when it comes to Betas, they like to keep as much control as possible, but you never know.:eek6:

Anyway, not too long now, will probably just start to get bored of Trials of Atlantis when WoW is ready.. perfect :D

B

belth

Oh FFS, it's in Off-topic now, the forum the infinite +1's :mad:

K

Karam_gruul

whats good about wow? being serious here, not just flaming, but can anyone tell me something that sets it apart from other games? just had a quick look at the official website and it looks very bland.. i mean, theres only like 5 races.. and about 6 classes. im gonna want more variety than that to move me from EQ :p

B

belth

You decide what specific skills your character has besides your classes basic skills - not some dumbass at the corporate HQ.

That's one example. Well, not sure "sets apart from other games", but atleast from DAoC :p

E

erol

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
whats good about wow? being serious here, not just flaming, but can anyone tell me something that sets it apart from other games? just had a quick look at the official website and it looks very bland.. i mean, theres only like 5 races.. and about 6 classes. im gonna want more variety than that to move me from EQ :p

Well this is what I was asking to some extent.

However if you can't see the difference in terms of graphics and attention to detail then why don't you go just go back to Pong.

It is a different league to DAoC, I just hope the gameplay is also of this high standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom