World of Warcraft - Dragonflight

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
super excited must pre order

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
not going to pre-order it but I will try get into the alpha/beta to try it out. the 'new' talent system looks great as does the crafting changes... + who doesn't want to be a dragon?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I thought the new talent system looks a lot like the original talent system o_O

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Are Acti-Blizzard still utter scum though, or is all forgiven?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Are Acti-Blizzard still utter scum though, or is all forgiven?

Nah, maybe forgiven when Microsoft take over until then... not so much. Once Kotick is gone basically.

Yoni

Alpha has started

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Alpha has started

Aye, not impressed with what I've seen so far, just more of the same with a different coat of paint. Reckon I'll give this a miss until 2-3 months after launch, when people figure out what the cracks are. At this point they have to do a lot to beat FFXIV because FFXIV is shitting all over them from every conceivable angle.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Why do people still line up to be taken up the chuff?

Get rid. WoW is absolute shite, and you have to pay for it. It's literally the same thing, over and over and over again. The story is absolute pap. The company that produces it just wants to milk the ever dwindling playerbase dry. That's it, that's your use.

Bu, bu, but my friends play it! They also have several messaging services.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why do people still line up to be taken up the chuff?

Get rid. WoW is absolute shite, and you have to pay for it. It's literally the same thing, over and over and over again. The story is absolute pap. The company that produces it just wants to milk the ever dwindling playerbase dry. That's it, that's your use.

Bu, bu, but my friends play it! They also have several messaging services.

I dabble now and again but I ONLY buy subs for gold, got about 8 million gold left so outside of buying the expacs it costs me nowt to actually play it. I'll never pay a sub again for WoW, not unless when Microsoft finally takes over it becomes better... chances of that happening though? slim to none.

I'll likely buy a token or two/three for the nostalgia when WOTLK Classic comes out, bout it.

Yoni

It is not shite though in the last few patches you can feel the positive changes in their decision making.

Are you in the Alpha? I watch a variety of streamers both positive and negative towards WoW but the one thing they currently leaning towards is that this xpak has the right beginnings.

I understand that once people get on a hate train it is difficult to get off. I also know that many of the streamers I watch played FF and rejoined the WoW community during the Zerith Morris content patch….

What is good is that those who went to play games that are not WoW is that they now have valuable comparisons including that the grass is not always greener. Interestingly Blizzard has invited some of their buggest critics to this alpha.

I have had a superb amount of fun in Shadowlands - there were issues with pacing and timelocked content not to mention the systems were complicated however life started to improve with Zerith Morris now we are in the final patch with season 4 starting in August which we know will be short due to the release of Dragonflight.

The one thing that always happens as release date gets closeris that those on the hate train become very vocal as if to qualify their own decision making.

For those of you who do come back for a month or two give me a shout and you are welcome to join us for that time - we are now old so only do heroic raiding and M+ pushing keys between 15 and 20 dependent on individual skill level.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It is not shite though in the last few patches you can feel the positive changes in their decision making.

Are you in the Alpha? I watch a variety of streamers both positive and negative towards WoW but the one thing they currently leaning towards is that this xpak has the right beginnings.

I understand that once people get on a hate train it is difficult to get off. I also know that many of the streamers I watch played FF and rejoined the WoW community during the Zerith Morris content patch….

What is good is that those who went to play games that are not WoW is that they now have valuable comparisons including that the grass is not always greener. Interestingly Blizzard has invited some of their buggest critics to this alpha.

I have had a superb amount of fun in Shadowlands - there were issues with pacing and timelocked content not to mention the systems were complicated however life started to improve with Zerith Morris now we are in the final patch with season 4 starting in August which we know will be short due to the release of Dragonflight.

The one thing that always happens as release date gets closeris that those on the hate train become very vocal as if to qualify their own decision making.

For those of you who do come back for a month or two give me a shout and you are welcome to join us for that time - we are now old so only do heroic raiding and M+ pushing keys between 15 and 20 dependent on individual skill level.

Nah not in the Alpha, I've just been looking at some Twitch streamers that are now and again. My issue with WoW these days is just that no one I know plays it anymore, so I'm always sat with my thumb up my arse doing nowt.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I'll play, to get max level, pug raids, not do any M+ and then spend 1 month farming mounts and crafting as I always do. Maybe roll a new thing and level it up somewhere else.

Yoni

Beta is starting talent trees are all out (although they need a little bit more work) it's looking good!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Beta is starting talent trees are all out (although they need a little bit more work) it's looking good!

Certainly many options to choose from in the talent trees.

Yoni

Prepatch in two weeks I have levelled 2 characters in beta and not scratched the surface of the end-game (dragon riding renown and professions for the non-competitive).

M+ for the best gear is no longer an experience for casual players which is good as for those guilds who are small and struggle with heroics due to numbers it means there is another mode of progression and gives my m+ team a reason to try a bit harder :) - it was not difficult to get the best gear available in M+ in shadowlands. Instead of +15 to get mythic gear from the vault is now +20 which in season 1 will be pretty tough I think as the affix at +10 is no longer a kiss curse either and the increase between keys above +10 is now +10% increase in health and damage instead of +8%. So a +20 today has an increase of +300% health and damage of/from mobs in the dungeon, tomorrow it will be +380% (so more like +25)

On top of that dungeons will rotate so knowledge from s1 will not be useable in s2.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Pre-Patch phase 1 is out.

Few minor annoyances with not being able to move certain UI aspect. Talent tree will require playing - Nice step forward though!

Yoni

its not half bad there are a few bugs but nothing like WOD, BFA, SL at the start

Yoni

If any of you want a social group then please let me know in game sephassa or you can pm moogie or hairball

Yoni

I don't know about any of you but this xpac is shitloads of fun

Yoni

With only bi weekly wq it is balanced well

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So WoW may have just been saved - Chris Metzen has returned to Blizzard and WoW.

Yoni

CM is great but this expac is very very good prossibly the best I have played .....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
CM is great but this expac is very very good prossibly the best I have played .....
Genuinely interested in why you say that. I've stopped playing WoW for good now but I still enjoy watching it on Twitch (just watched the RWF - go Echo). The content looks enticing but I am more interested on your views of character customization, especially the talent build as that looks amazing and a step in the right direction.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Stop tempting me to buy it Yoni :p I've resisted WoW for awhile now outside of custom private servers and classic.

Yoni

Genuinely interested in why you say that. I've stopped playing WoW for good now but I still enjoy watching it on Twitch (just watched the RWF - go Echo). The content looks enticing but I am more interested on your views of character customization, especially the talent build as that looks amazing and a step in the right direction.
I genuinely love the xp - I love the characterisation and the ability to change talents on the fly. If you are new to a class there are starter builds and also excellent information available in the ususal places.
I levelled at a good rate on a holy priest so the talents are there for some damage. I am able to move from single target healing to aoe healing easily and then for M+ I can have several builds. There was a trial period I do not know if it has ended but I recommend you give it a go... my husband finishes a 60 euro game in a month of weekend playing so give it ago or ask @Embattle as he is a little more fussy than I am :)

M+ is tough now, it is the start of a new expansion and the new dungeons especially are a bit of a bitch which is good as we are just a heroic guild it means that we are still challenging ourselves.

Some are complaining that there is not the daily grind anymore ... but there is if you want to do it however your power is not really locked behind it - there are some gear rewards useful at the start of the xp however once you get into dungeons and raid finder the renown rewards are a bit pointless (except for the cloak which will last a few weeks more :))

Yoni

I forgot to mention professions .... something they should have done a long time ago...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom