world first - order king down on k8p

eksdee

FH is my second home
personally, i didn't go as the idea of PvE'ing for 10 hours holds no appeal to me :p. none-the-less, grats to all involved. as ods posted on k8p:

"Sunday noon 4/5/09 we reached Altdorf city once again.After 1 hour in there, destruction managed to lock to stage 2.

The Third Realm alliance [Bloodline,XXI Gramms,Fracture,Eclipse team,Legio Sicarius,Shorties] gathered over 40 members at the 2700 Altdorf instance.Only 2 minutes before the 1-hour countdown timer was over we managed to clear both pq's[bright wizard college pq and grand theogonist Volkmar].

Update:

after many hours of wiping the KING IS DEAD!!!!

Good job to Abaddon,Grindhouse,Kynoko,Maldoror,Samyraj,Rhiens, Mephistofel,Kistos,Moenna,Atun,Ryanous,
Atlantic,Lizet,Snip,Xuth,Icecoil,Zaknarakh,Sib,Din tra,Gozah,Habz

Grats to the ppl that looted sovereign gear and stayed up for more than 14 hours online!

This is a world first king kill and more will come[screenshots incoming soon]!!!!

cya in the battlefield!"

it's a shame to me that the end-game of an 'rvr game' is pve, but it is an achievement none-the-less. grats to all involved.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Gratz and good job!

We took finally after some weeks the Destro city and degraded it to 3.
My only concern for your server and the one i play on is now, will the other side loose players?
Ah yea, talking about Karak-Norn here and i allready noticed a decline of players, sadly ;/

But great job again, many endurance potions there :)

Faya

eksdee

FH is my second home
yep. kind of the nature of the beast with a 2-realm system, the underdog is always going to lose the more casual players and while this may not seem such a huge blow, in a game where numbers > all it has quite the huge effect sadly.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Come 1.21 the zerg will be able to take forts even during standard hours and capitals are going to be under siege most of the time. Population balance is fubar ATM. The more often people wont be able to use the city stuff, the more often they ll think about rerolling elsewhere or quitting alltogether. I think we will see major guilds retire during the next couple of weeks.

I dont want to go all DOOM or anything, but IMO this game is in trouble and I dont like that. :/

//edit: Forgot to congratulate destro for capturing Karl Franz. Well done.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Grats for killing Franzie.

Boo hiss for an organized city siege that starts the siege at noon, AC much?

Danita

rynnor

Rockhound
What happens now I wonder? Do the defeated side gradually dwindle away - do raids on cities become commonplace on unbalanced servers furthering the imbalance?

What kind of mechanism could they put in to prevent this rather depressing scenario from happening?

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I already posted on the GOA forums, but no harm in posting here too :)

Good job and gratz on that takedown :)

My only concern for your server and the one i play on is now, will the other side loose players?

Yes.

Many people I know are just letting their subs run out and the only time I've seen them in T4 is when I'm organising an event or I'm coordinating for our alliance if someone else is. Some have messed about or are messing about on lower level toons until their subs run out but say they won't be back.

Karak-Norn is a mess. The way off prime time stuff has got so out of hand by the time most Destro players get online we're defending our city for the umpteenth time in the appalling city instances.

Last night (Sunday) in theory should have been very busy for RvR but there was a pitiful T4 Destro presence and we were getting the shit zerged out of us by 3 or more Order warbands.

This is in no way a comment on the players on the Order side on Karak-Norn, I have a lot of respect for many of them. Mythic are not currently enjoying my good graces and the goodwill from Dark Age of Camelot is waning.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Gratz and good job!

We took finally after some weeks the Destro city and degraded it to 3.
Ah yea, talking about Karak-Norn here and i allready noticed a decline of players, sadly ;/

But great job again, many endurance potions there :)

Faya

Sincere gratz to Destro, obvioulsy worked hard to get it.

Regarding player loss. That started weeks ago when Destro started with the PVE'in of keeps when zones switch back after failed fortress attempt. Luckily that abuse is being corrected in next patch. Personally think GoA should have warned against doing it further and taking action against those that did.

Sadly the influx of way too many destro to K8P has forced many to give up. Logging in to see all zones locked out on a nightly basis makes anything interesting unavailable. Lost a few from our guild recently and I know others have posted the loss of up to 30 active guild members.

Not sure the latest changes to AOE and GTAOE are going to help Order and Destro tank zerg will completely own now.

Shame GoA did not actually think to control the numbers moving in. Still being underdogs usually has some advantages. Just can't think of any right now :) I'm hoping that over time things will even out more. Love the game.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Mythic are not currently enjoying my good graces and the goodwill from Dark Age of Camelot is waning.

Many on K8P are feeling the same, Destro players too. The endgame is just nowhere near dynamic enough and now we have all seen the content there is not alot else to do.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Karak-Norn is a mess. The way off prime time stuff has got so out of hand by the time most Destro players get online we're defending our city for the umpteenth time in the appalling city instances.

Same shitty situtaion on K8P but with Order being the population underdogs. I think GoA should approach a few guilds on the dominant sides about moving to balance things out.

Unfortunately history has proven their total apathy to such issues! :(

Blake

Fledgling Freddie
lol man

Same shitty situtaion on K8P but with Order being the population underdogs. I think GoA should approach a few guilds on the dominant sides about moving to balance things out.

Unfortunately history has proven their total apathy to such issues! :(

Where did you ask to do this when order was outnumbering destruction on K8P in a 3-1 balance lol ?

U forgot the days and evenings when destruction could not even move an inch out a warcamp without getting all the O mF G ubha guilds steamrolling them , Bc , tBc , Rg , Defiance, team conclave , etcetcetc .

U forgot ALL the weekends when destruction was forced to only 1 thing , defending their IC?????????

Apperantly destruction managed to take a capital this time, and from my experience its impossible to do it the PVE way , seen thaty before when BC and tBC tried to farm destro's guardspawn from minute 1 till end of the times, and moving out instances once they get real opponents .

Gratz to destro :clap:, and if u all wanne quit because u Sacrificed ur King well then do so .. proove ur a Loooooser ! :twak:

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Typically on Norn, Order are locking zones through the night between 2am and 7am and are pretty much in a fort anywhere between 4am and 11am, second fort falling between 10am and 2pm, weekdays sometimes as late as 4pm.

To get to Altdorf on Saturday we had people logging on at 7am. We arrived in Altdorf around 3pm I think it was.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
some plenking stuff

Dont you see that casual players of the underpopulated realm quitting WAR is a bad thing (tm) for both factions?

No disrespect for destructions success, I commend you guys on a job well done.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Congrats! The king is a bitch to do I hear.

Sadly order are melting away more rapidly by the day on K8P,
people are tired of being farmed by the vastly better organised
RR70 guilds that are there and those that moved there.

I appreciate it's also the grindy, repetitive endgame and lack of
realm pride buit the situation has worsened drastically since the
Patch and transfers.

I enjoy this game, but like many tier 4 order players on K8P am
powerless to fight the 1-2 full warbands of high RR guild groups
destro can currently field.

Excuse typos, on bberry.

eksdee

FH is my second home
yeah defo, it's a crap situation. it's sad as well considering order were fielding like... 5-6 WBs on a daily basis 1 month ago.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
yeah defo, it's a crap situation. it's sad as well considering order were fielding like... 5-6 WBs on a daily basis 1 month ago.

Order has roughly halved in active population as a rough general guess in T4.
Can't comment on the other tiers.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Grats to Destro for the world 1st achievement.
Tables will eventually turn even tho i smell the same shit that ruined Dyvet Cluster.
I hope i'm wrong.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
I'm saddened by the way things seem to be going in WAR atm... so much so that yesterday I took a page from Mark Jacob's book and spent a couple of hours composing my own thoughts into a Bluesky's "State of the (End)Game" thread on GOA's forums.

It kinda sums up how a lot of the game feels atm but also has some hopes for WAR's future. Now let's just hope Mythic and GOA listen to their customers before it's too late.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Very nice post Bluesky, I wonder if the powers that be take notice... :/

BTW, 1.21 would be a perfect time to implement the promised DF-clone.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I just couldn't be bothered playing again when we (Destruction) managed to get to the city after the first month on K8P. Even though we didn't get anywhere near the king at that point, it was obvious what the future of the game involved for the most exciting of RvR... PvE. :(

I think they grouped the PvE and RvR too much in WAR. The pinnacle of RvR shouldn't be PvE encounters!

I'm guessing that one of the problems with the way it's structured is the fact once you defeat the king, you repeat the process again and again. By having a PvE encounter which resets you're left with the feeling of "ooh, we've won!", and then the process starts again. DAoC's relics didn't leave you with the same feeling at all, you may be one up on the enemy - but you had to fight to retain it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
8-9AM.. not AC exactly on a weekend now is it?

so if the zones didnt start to lock untill 8-9AM.

when exactly did you start to take the keeps and BO's? :)

must have been a hour or two prior to that :)

so at the very latest 7 AM, on a weekend?

still dont wanna call it AC?

and no, staying up all night don't count :)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I'm guessing that one of the problems with the way it's structured is the fact once you defeat the king, you repeat the process again and again. By having a PvE encounter which resets you're left with the feeling of "ooh, we've won!", and then the process starts again. DAoC's relics didn't leave you with the same feeling at all, you may be one up on the enemy - but you had to fight to retain it.
Worse than that, it lowers the motivation of the opposing side - whereas in DAoC you would be pissed off and spoiling for a fight after someone nicked a relic generally.

Edit: I believe they should look to LOTRO's Monster mode for city defense - one randomly chosen player gets to "play" as the king, and others as his guards perhaps? Start the king off with L55 insta-kill guards and make him L60, then slowly lower the level + number of the guards and the level of the king as things are captured until he's at his current level. Above all though, make it so you cannot pve a city - you have to fight players. Also introduce a mechanic that forces the defenders to defend. One thing that would certainly encourage it is a 2-3*Inf buff that gives you influence for all T4 rewards.

Make all the capture objectives purely pvp with a fun pve component (e.g. for destro "kill 200 order players and place their severed heads within a summoning circle or something). Order could defend against that by not dying / attacking the summoning circle (treat it like a keep door?) - if they destroy it they win the PQ etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Start the king off with L55 insta-kill guards and make him L60,

and the first thing that would die would be the healers, and when they are dead theres fuck all the rest of the raid can do :)

players are smarter then a AI, it wouldn't work unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom