Football World Cup 2014

Who Will Win?

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I can't believe Rooney's isn't in the best goal competition.
Don't they know how good he is.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Thoroughly deserved, years of dedication for the long term goal.

England, take note, pressure 2-3 clubs to share the English squad, stick with Hodgson for another world cup, at the bare minimum, get the old guard out, and stick to our youth.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Thoroughly deserved, years of dedication for the long term goal.

England, take note, pressure 2-3 clubs to share the English squad, stick with Hodgson for another world cup, at the bare minimum, get the old guard out, and stick to our youth.
Aren't Liverpool, Utd already sharing the squad, it is not a case of the clubs doing it. The FA need to be better and getting kids into football and actually developing talent from a young age. Round my way in Essex the closest FA Academy is an hour and a half drive away between 8-10am on a Saturday. That is pathetic.

Corran

Part of the furniture
What a joke that decision was... another case of "Oh it Messi and his team in the final. Must be him"...
when in fact he was probably down at the bottom of the shortlist on who deserve it

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Absurd. Muller, Lahm or Rodriguez for me. Messi shouldn't even be in the conversation.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
even Mascherano in his own time arguably had a better tournament.

Joke of a decision.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Aren't Liverpool, Utd already sharing the squad, it is not a case of the clubs doing it. The FA need to be better and getting kids into football and actually developing talent from a young age. Round my way in Essex the closest FA Academy is an hour and a half drive away between 8-10am on a Saturday. That is pathetic.

10 times the number of qualified coaches in Germany compared to England.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Brazil delivered an absolute stormer a tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed it. right team won as well.

I'm also glad messi won the golden ball, watching having walk up, look thoroughly sad and then having to do it again was priceless.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BsdAtt8CUAAaeC-.jpg:large

Watching in real time that was a merest glimpse, but it's on the footage so expect a full round of photoshop fun!!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Brazil delivered an absolute stormer a tournament. Thoroughly enjoyed it. right team won as well.

I'm also glad messi won the golden ball, watching having walk up, look thoroughly sad and then having to do it again was priceless.
Brazil delivered a great tourney at the expense of shit loads of dollars that could have been put into their poor and the crap housing they have instead of stadiums. I liked the spectacle but not the trade off. Just like the Olympics will be I two years.

Embattle

FH is my second home

To me it was still a massive waste of money that could of been better spent on other things in Brazil, plus I tend to think it was the football teams that delivered rather than the country although least we didn't have very annoying vuvuzela sound all the time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wasn't there so no idea if it was good or not, only what the carefully selected new stories and photo ops could show. I understand a lot of Brazilians took issue with it though because of all the corruption involved and the fact the money would have been better spent housing the homeless.

Some excellent football throughout though. Probably not the best WC ever but up there.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Messi, lol. I'd have given it to Neuer, Lahm or Robben
It should be called the "Which golden boy made it to the final trophy" It has nothing to do with the best player in the tournament as Neuer was epic in every game Messi probably had about 30 minutes across the whole tournament where he looked like Barce Messi.

It leaves the question is he as good as Pele even though he has not won a world cup for his country or is that a unrealistic goal in todays football. At a World Cup final could any player carry his team to victory now? I very much doubt it and I think Pele today would have the same problem. While defenders back then tackled like they wanted to kill you they make Big Per look like a whippet. Messi until he got caught would have a field day vs some of the old defenders you see in highlights.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Neuer won the Golden Glove. As far as I know a keeper can't win the Golden Ball.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I wasn't there so no idea if it was good or not, only what the carefully selected new stories and photo ops could show. I understand a lot of Brazilians took issue with it though because of all the corruption involved and the fact the money would have been better spent housing the homeless.

Some excellent football throughout though. Probably not the best WC ever but up there.
The police also just storm trropered all the poor away from any area where the WC was being housed. If all you have in the world is a tin shack and some SWAT style police come and kick you out before tearing it down so the nice people of Europe don't get offended you are going to be upset. I am surprised there was not more trouble but I think the take no shit approach of the police and army kept a lot of it away from the public eye.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It should be called the "Which golden boy made it to the final trophy" It has nothing to do with the best player in the tournament as Neuer was epic in every game Messi probably had about 30 minutes across the whole tournament where he looked like Barce Messi.

It leaves the question is he as good as Pele even though he has not won a world cup for his country or is that a unrealistic goal in todays football. At a World Cup final could any player carry his team to victory now? I very much doubt it and I think Pele today would have the same problem. While defenders back then tackled like they wanted to kill you they make Big Per look like a whippet. Messi until he got caught would have a field day vs some of the old defenders you see in highlights.

Messi is yet to prove himself against strong opposition. Yeah sure he tears championship/1st division quality teams apart week in week out but rarely shines in top internationals or champions league finals/semis.

He is certainly not the best in the world, let alone best ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom