View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftDRtGO-B-g

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Brazil to win it.

England to draw against Italy 1.1 - Boring match
Lose to Uruguay 3.1 - Great match if you aren't English
Lose to Costa Rica 1.0 - Boring match

Early plane ride home followed by lots of talking heads at the FA saying we look good for the future (again) building season (again) blah blah

Olgaline

FH is my second home
England will make it out the group, mark my words.
you just wont get past the quaters :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm strangely not at all stoked about this World Cup. Normally I'm really looking forward to it, but I really hold out no hope for England (rather than the usual "well, we should get to the quarters") and the grubbiness of FIFA is bringing me down.

Brazil will probably win it, Argentina probably should win it, and despite their irritating waving of Malvinas flags, would be my purist's choice.

MrBic

Part of the furniture
If England makes it out of the grp I think they got a good chance to go far!

ileks

Part of the furniture
Spain for me. Argentina to give them a run for their money. I think Brazil will go out in the Semis to one of those two.

I don't know about England. When I look at the squad on paper I can't help but be a little optimistic. Then I watch a friendly and realise we're fucking shit. We're never going to dominate the midfield (even against the weaker teams) but we do have some exciting players in Sturridge and Sterling. If we can defend better than most and get forward quickly after breaking up play then anything can happen with those two. We might be able to beat Italy like this. Uruguay will annihilate us though. Not looking forward to that one.

DaGaffer

If England makes it out of the grp I think they got a good chance to go far!

Nah, if they get out, then the teams they face in the next round are beatable, but that side of the draw, even if they get to the quarters they're going to come up against Brazil, Spain, Netherlands (probably).

Himse

FH is my second home
Netherlands won't make it out of the group stages.

Age ridden side, sod all defenders, won't be handling the heat well!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I think with the added pressure as hosts and the potential protests, issues with stadiums/transport - Brazil will tank in this tournament. They will come through the group then get Spain or the Dutch in the 2nd round and go out.

Think Belgium are going to do well, although it all depends on how the European players adapt to the climate, but lets face it most of the South American players play in Europe these days as well. I think for England it all comes down to how well we do in first game, we get a bit of wind in our sails and I reckon we could do fairly well.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
T'is time for ze Germans. Even mit Reus out ich reckon zey will win it

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Netherlands won't make it out of the group stages.

Age ridden side, sod all defenders, won't be handling the heat well!
I don't understand why if they're playing a 352/532 did Van Gaal take players who fucking suck at wingback.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Aye its nice to watch (not seen the vid!) but if teams sit back they can pass it around the centre circle all they like without scoring.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Absolutely gutted. The opening game is on ITV, what utter twat thought that would be a good idea.

I think I will be listening to 5live and watching the ITV picture.

I wish they would allow sky to broadcast them as well as the BBC and ITV, ITV should not have any sport whatsoever, they are just abysmal.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Not that excited by this world cuo none of the groups seem all that exciting, reckon Germany could win it they keep improving and have come close last few tournaments

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Apparently we took Terence Kongolo instead (probably because he's younger). Rekik was another option (which is a joke). Anyway, neither of them will do, as they all struggle in the Dutch national league. Leave alone vs Spain or something. Give the Netherlands 4 to 8 years. Also, Huntelaar should play aswell imho. 442 with Huntelaar and van Persie could work in my opinion. But a lot of people will point to the fact that with Sneijder and Robben, we don't have enough defense (midfield).

DaGaffer

Apparently we took Terence Kongolo instead (probably because he's younger). Rekik was another option (which is a joke). Anyway, neither of them will do, as they all struggle in the Dutch national league. Leave alone vs Spain or something. Give the Netherlands 4 to 8 years. Also, Huntelaar should play aswell imho. 442 with Huntelaar and van Persie could work in my opinion. But a lot of people will point to the fact that with Sneijder and Robben, we don't have enough defense (midfield).

Van Gaal isn't a 4-4-2 kind of guy.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well he isnt a 352/532 kind of guy either and we're playing that now. Could fill Huntelaar in that system aswell and make that work. Anyways even van Gaal is thinking of 442. See: http://nos.nl/wk2014/artikel/655819-van-gaal-houdt-optie-442-open.html:

Despite the fact that Louis van Gaal introduced a new system (5-3-2) with the Dutch national team he will leave the option open to switch to 4-4-2 during the matches.

Google translate fails.

All it shows how desperate even van Gaal is.

Last edited:

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
CorN, why you gotta hurt my feelings like that with a facepalm? :(

Chilly

Balls of steel
CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!
I am a professional gambler, and I can afford to follow my own advice - you may not be able to.

Brazil are MASSIVELY over priced right now. In probability terms, the betfair market underestimate their chances to win outright by as much as 20%. You can get them at 3.95 right now, in from 4.2 this time yesterday. Similar deal for their game tonight, they're underestimated and as such it's value to back them vs Croatia. Just FYI, I've bet thousands on the world cup so far, and intend to bet a shitload more over the next few weeks. I'll post my bets up, if anyone wants to hear them, as I make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom