News Working at Argos?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Im going wityh reason and going smart casual, just in case!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Im going wityh reason and going smart casual, just in case!

:( Why, after everyone has told you to go smart, shirt, tie and trousers minimum? You are an idiot if you got to a job interview in anything less. Just because it is only a temporary job does not mean you should devalue it by dressing down. Shows a lack of respect to the employers.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
:( Why, after everyone has told you to go smart, shirt, tie and trousers minimum? You are an idiot if you got to a job interview in anything less. Just because it is only a temporary job does not mean you should devalue it by dressing down. Shows a lack of respect to the employers.

Wot he said. Happy now Meg? ;)

Milkshake

Loyal Freddie
Wear a shirt and tie, if you already have a suit, why not wear it? They aren't going to reject you because you actually gave a shit and turned up in a suit.

Agree with Will. Dress up a bit, shows you give a crap about the job. Sets a good impression from the get-go.

It's a job you are trying to get, not a girlfriend.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
have you ever worked in a mc donalds kitchen? it not as simple as you think when its actually done correctly.

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
Definately where the suit, I got my current job because I was one of the only interviewees that wore a suit. Also because I wore my RAF parade shoes which are shiny as fuck :)

taB

Part of the furniture
Don't try to do this:

handshake+1.jpg

Some rapscallion who was interested in part time work tried this one on me when I went to shake his hand. I frowned at him and he made a hasty retreat.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I wore the shiney suit and think I had a good interview.

Turns out, the guy whow as interviewing me used to have a record shop in Leeds, where I passed out flyers for a couple of times :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
And if I fucking did get that job, who the fuck are you to judge me?

Id rather work 16 hours a week and get the same as being on the dole than actually being on the dole

Arrogant prick.

If you work 16 hours a week I'm pretty sure you can still claim dole ;)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I would rather come off it altogether and work 20 hours :p

tris-

If you work 16 hours a week I'm pretty sure you can still claim dole ;)

not legally. if you work just under 16 a week, theyl take off what you earn from the dole money. and youl have to go down every week to give them a time sheet and fill out forms. its more hassle than its worth. if your dole is 56 a week, and you earn 55.50, youl get 50p in dole.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hold on tris, they told me I could work under 16 hours a week and still get full allowance.

I'm pretty sure that is right.

edit// no matter, checked it tris, you are right. But they do not deduct the first £5 earnt each week.

tris-

yep, its bullshit and not worth the time of going there and back for the forms.

tris-

but more than the JSA so its worth doing.
i was temping when i was on the dole. turns out if i took the odd 3-4 hour job here and there each week, i was actually worse off due to travel costs to the job, plus extra travel costs to the job centre to fill out the forms for the fucking thing :/.

Chilly

Balls of steel
no offense to anyone intended but the dole should be so pitiful that you can just barely afford asda price beans and crackers to live on - gives a massive incentive to find a job, no matter what it is. Make sure minimum wage is at least a good 30-40% better than dole imo.

tris-

the problem with the jobcentre is they give you too many options. when i first signed up she was asking "what type of job do you want? how far do you want to travel? how much notice do you want? how many hours do you want?" i simply said "i dont have a job what choice do i have?".

they dont even have to be realistic choices either. they give you 3 months to do what ever you want before youre pulled in for classes.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I have to go to an induction later this week.

I havent a clue what goes on there, does this mean Im nearly in?

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
sounds like it. Haven't they offered you a contract or anything?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Not yet, got a phonecall telling me to go upto Argos at the weekend.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
/an induction means you are in, the induction will be paid time and you should be given a contract either at the induction or shortly after.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh I would say well done, or congratulations, but the thought of saying that to someone having to work retail over christmas makes me feel sad. So commiserations thad, my thoughts are with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom