Advice Word of Warning..!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
To my fellow danes

If you ever find yourself concidering buying something from Proshop.dk .....DONT!!!!!!!!

Bought a pair of Creative's wow wireless headset from them back in Oktober..
a month ago they suddenly snapped at the left ear, when i took them off after watching abit of tv.

having been a customer for 10+ years and more or less never having returned anything or complained i figured it would be a singe...How wrong I was!! they took ages "4 weeks" to handle my RMA and concluded that I was to blame due to exessive force! which frankly just isnt true...I've been very carefull with them, never been wrongly or forcefully handled, never been dropped, banged or otherwise. I simple took them off my head and ..SNAP!

So...me go google...turns out this is a well known weakness issue with this particular product. even creatives own forum is full of stories like mine...

so I give Proshop the benifit of the dout...maybe they werent aware "yeah righ?"
the responce I got was shocking and plain out arrogant.

So simply, just stay away!
And spread the News!

also if anyone "DK or otherwise" else has had or know of anyone who has had the same thing happen with the wow headset, please let me know as I intend to take this to "the next level" so to speak.

I'd also like to link my mail corrospondance up on trustpilot, anyone know how I can do that ?

cheers

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
So there's a problem with a product, and the shop sells it.

The shop fulfills their legal duty, you push them for stuff they can't give you and they're the cunts?You do realise this is the product manufacturer's fault, and nothing to do with the shop? It's them you should be complaining to...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I chuck my creatives around all the time. Nails they are.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, dont blame the shop(even if that's not really nice CS), go further and send the faulty product/letter to the manufacturer. Worst case; get nothing and cut your losses. Best case; manufacturer gives credit for a new pair.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Logitech Warranty is with Logitech. You can go back to the shop for an RMA for the first 30 days normally after that it is return to manufacturer (that is now it works in the UK). If they work the same way I am surprised they did not just instantly refer you to raise a case with Logitech direct who if it is a known fault will just ship you a replacement.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
and to add, Logitech usually have an excellent RMA/after sales service.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
It works a little differrently in Dk.

Here your rma is with the shop and only the shop the first 2 years.
It has nothing to do with manufacture warrenties etc.

And no they havent fullfilled anything..they have mearly assumed.
Also there is a little tvinger called benifit of the dout.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Logitech Warranty is with Logitech. You can go back to the shop for an RMA for the first 30 days normally after that it is return to manufacturer (that is now it works in the UK). If they work the same way I am surprised they did not just instantly refer you to raise a case with Logitech direct who if it is a known fault will just ship you a replacement.

In the UK the shop has a legal obligation to sell you something that is fit for purpose, and if it turns out not to be then your legal recourse is to the shop. To be fair Logitech are so good that it is probably easier to go back to them direct, but this isn't the 'correct' thing to do.

RB

soze

I am a FH squatter
In the UK the shop has a legal obligation to sell you something that is fit for purpose, and if it turns out not to be then your legal recourse is to the shop. To be fair Logitech are so good that it is probably easier to go back to them direct, but this isn't the 'correct' thing to do.

RB
I have heard that plenty of times but with Toshiba HP Logitech and any number of other companies they all have support. And after the RMA period it makes much more sense to go though them than anyone else. Why send your HP laptop back to Amazon for them to send it to HP when you can have HP collect it from your door? If they offer the service you are making more work going direct to the store.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
the shop has a legal obligation to sell you something that is fit for purpose, and if it turns out not to be then your legal recourse is to the shop
THIS!

but tbh, I'm not all that pissed about the monetary loss, as I am the apualing custommer service i recived.

* Benifit of the dout - Plausebillity - Common sence - Friendlyness - A willingness / intent to help the customer

I recived none of that, quite the the opposite really, infact they seemed hell bent from the get go to disproove
my explanation and lable me a liar. - and after 10+ years of loyalty to that store ? That hurts!

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I have heard that plenty of times but with Toshiba HP Logitech and any number of other companies they all have support. And after the RMA period it makes much more sense to go though them than anyone else. Why send your HP laptop back to Amazon for them to send it to HP when you can have HP collect it from your door? If they offer the service you are making more work going direct to the store.

Yeah, I do agree soze, all the consumer wants is the quickest and easiest resolution to a warranty issue and this will, in the examples you've given, probably be to go back to the manufacturer, but hat doesn't change the fact that the contract is with the shop, and if the law is the same in Denmark then olgaline has the right to be upset with the shop.

RB

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just go higher, supervisor, store owner etc. Most of the complaints will get an attempted dismissal by a teenage temper trying to impress ;)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Rubber, it's called the Consumer Goods Act 1976. You're right though. If you can prove the product had a defect from the start (And if there are that many stories on the Creative forums, you can) then the retailer has a legal obligation to refund or replace the item. Don't know how it works in DK though.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Tbh I dont really care all that much about the money,
I care that the store I've been using for 10+ years took the first chance they had to screw me over!

If I decide to take to the Consumer Complaints Board "Forbrugerklagenævnet" then it'll be on principle,
it would be very hard to prove definitely, but likely easier to prove reasonable doubt.

Anyway, went to collect them today, so for now it's case closed.

Toht: Yes I will write to the Ceo, not so much to complain about not getting my refund, but ratherto let him know how his employees come across in their approach to customers.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht: Yes I will write to the Ceo, not so much to complain about not getting my refund, but ratherto let him know how his employees come across in their approach to customers.

Quite, might be a punk behind the counter who'll get a whipping, or if you get a similar response, there might be an opportunity for an expose ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom