Help Word frequency count advice

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Any MS Office gurus out there? I'm in the middle of putting together an RFP for a new e-commerce platform and its getting pretty chunky. The whole thing is on a Excel spreadsheet, with questions divided by category (presentation layer, admin tools, infrastructure, etc.) but a lot of stuff appears in several categories (like email and personalisation for example) so I want to do a keyword column in the spreadsheet to speed lookup. I can add keywords manually, but the spreadsheet is about 400 lines long.

I can't see any keyword function in Excel, and I don't have the time to get VB script written for what is essentially a one-off exercise, so does anyone have any other ideas? I thought I could dump all the questions into a text file and then use some program to do a word frequency count, but while google gives me a lot of programs that can do that, I don't know if any of the free ones are trustworthy. Any ideas?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to do...but...
You could have a field that combines categories say email & personalisation and then use that field as the key...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom