Women Quake2 Players Needed

O

old.FingerMagnet

Looks like Psycho and SOB are looking for the same thing.
"All I wanted was for a couple of girls to come and play."
LOL. This thread has it all. A girl on a mission, humor, love, romance, queerness, recrimination, forgiveness, friendship did I miss anything, oh yes and Tug
wink.gif
j/k m8.

O

old.TUG

yes and me
smile.gif

I was watchin Ali G on 11 o'clock show and he said that dodgy stuff that i said so i thought i must write that down instantly, or something...

8 vodka and red bulls and still clear on breath test burrrp
smile.gif

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Damn you all to hell, we need more comedy!!!

Someone take down their trousers!!

O

old.FingerMagnet

Or Skirts!
Dam, haven't u learnt anything about equal op yet!
smile.gif

O

old.FingerMagnet

Well if u wanna see men take their trousers off then I guess thats up to u. Btw, how much where u offering?....
wink.gif

I've been told I've got nice long hairy legs, that must be worth a bob or two. eh, m8?

[This message has been edited by FingerMagnet (edited 14 November 1999).]

O

old.[TFC]Perplex

I must protest.

In this new found spirit of Political Correctness I have the folliwng to say:-

"WOMEN WEAR TROUSERS TOO"

Thanks, cheers for tuning in. watch again, next week, same quake time, same quake channel.

heh heh ehhe heh
smile.gif
gawd PC sucks
smile.gif

O

old.FingerMagnet

I must protest.
In this new found spirit of Political Correctness I have the folliwng to say:-

"MEN WEAR SKIRTS TOO"

Well, don't u?

O

old.sobqt

Well here goes, serious reply coming up.....
Firstly I have to agree with you that an all female clan which precludes males is sexist.
However
smile.gif
it's not as though all-female clans create a giant obstacle for men to cross. The ratio of male and and mixed clans to female clans out there is pretty lopsided. I also feel (warning huge generalisation ahead ) the quake community is a sexist community. Quake is still viewed as a "guys game" and feamle players are generally a novelty. I think (and so do some other female quake players )
that the all female clans spawned from trying to survive in such a male dominated atmosphere. There are all female and all male clans out there, the vast majority could not care less what chromosomes you have,it would be different if choice was limited but with so many clans out there, why would a man want to join an all female clan , just as I would not like to join an all male clan. Personally I joined an all women clan because I was not confident and felt more comfortable playing and being taught by other women. If a man did want to join Sisters of Battle he would be condidered, but why would he want to ? ( I will look at the messages that come after this to see the comments made , by males I think
smile.gif

O

old.sobqt

Did I say "condidered"? oops I meant considered hehe.

O

old.FingerMagnet

I don't want to come across as a condescending male
wink.gif
but there is an edit button.
I have some comment to make about u're post, but feel the urge to play some q2 first.
smile.gif

------------------
FingerMagnet@Pakistans.com

D

DApea!

I remember an all-female clan, it was FF-

Femme Fatal.

They were mostly middle aged women with children though, but i know of a few female players in their early twenties.

There are a couple of female players that are particularly good.

COG>Aph and PR^Afterwish.

Very talented q2 players of which i have the utmost respect for.

Play them, they will give you a very good game indeed
smile.gif

I have nothing against any 'human' im not anything'ist', the more the merrier, and seeing female players will please me all the time, let them do what they want, as long as they dont devorce you afterwards and nick half yer stuff
frown.gif

No offence intended if apparent.

Have fun girls, there is nothing stopping Females to being the best. nothing at all.

O

old.FingerMagnet

A not so serious babble follows...

I think I should start by clarify my position on this debate. Which is that I don't really have a problem with all female clans. I only question the notion that playing quake2 and gender are some how related. Basically I don't feel gender makes any difference. Quake2 is dominated by males that’s true, but that’s not to say that it is a "guys game". There maybe plenty of decent female q2 players out there, the thing is I don't really know who I frag. [nor do i care!
wink.gif
] Because u can't tell, because sex makes no difference! Anyway, what’s this male dominated atmosphere? Don't u know there is no atmosphere in cyberspace
smile.gif

I think there is no reason why females and males can't play exactly the same. In fact u should join <WDB>. Heck we need the players
wink.gif

O

old.sobqt

Yep we need players
smile.gif
That is exactly why I posted a message on this forum in the first place. However I have not had a single reply from any women Quake 2 players. I wonder why ?

O

old.FingerMagnet

cos they all wanna join <WDB>? Go on you know u want to..
wink.gif

O

old.SimbobX

QT - you probably haven't had any replies to this post because most of the female quakers out there are already clanned. It's only my guess, but I can't name a single non-clanned female player.

On the subject of the ethics of restricting access to clans based on gender .. it does look like a dangerous precident because of the possible extensions ("there are women only clans so why not white only clans" argument) ... but it all comes down to society's attitude to the group in question (that's us, boys and girls
smile.gif
) .. a deliberately racist clan should (and would, I hope) be utterly rejected by the community .. it's not an attitude we would accept. All female clan? .. it's not homophobic (if I'm right, SOB generated SIB didn't it?) so it's not a bad thing .. so carry on and have a laugh
smile.gif

That's my £0.02
smile.gif

Do you only play DM? Tried posting to the ukccl boardroom? http://www.ukccl.co.uk )If you play CTF too, you might like to post to the savage boardroom http://www.savageuk.com (but expect the same quality of posts as you've had here
smile.gif
)

Also, try contacting slave or one of the newsies on his site http://www.powerslave.net since he's often happy to pulicise (sp?) clans in need of players.

bah. wanted to end on a sexist joke but can't think of one off the top of my head. (thinks)..

How many chauvinist pigs does it take to change a lightbulb?
None. Make her cook in the dark.

wink.gif

O

old.sobqt

hehe thanks for the above reply
smile.gif
Just to let you know we have recruited, just not from here
frown.gif
One last word....or two..)
In sporting events you have women's teams and men's teams, does this mean that they are sexist and could lead to racism? Or do you not think that online gaming can be classed as a sport ? What about ageism ? like one of the above postings ( the one saying that some of the women were middle aged and a couple in their twenties, what has that got to do with playing Q2 ?)

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

Ahh I think the main problem at the moment is too many clans not enough members, all new clans under 10 months fold and send us your best members, sounds cool don't it!!!

Anyways we jsut got a female player join us the other day
niec person, kick her ass
but she can beat a couple of my members.

D

DApea!

Ahh, QT all im saying is unlike some sports you dont have to be causious of your physical conditions, or age. anyone can play and thats a large issue of this thread.

Iv seen players over 50, and under 10.

And like i said, any of them could be the best because thats the type of game it is.

O

old.Inshala

Christ, look at the length ov this post. I think yer all girlly clan is a good idea, gotta be better than the all dickhead clans that seem to be swarming all over the FT servers these days.....

O

old.Inshala

Christ, look at the length ov this post. I think yer all girlly clan is a good idea, gotta be better than the all dickhead clans that seem to be swarming all over the FT servers these days.....

O

old.[TFC]Perplex

And so marks the final post of this incredibly overgrown thread
smile.gif

Amazing what can happen with a lil friendly sexism, a wink n a smile
smile.gif

O

old.FingerMagnet

I think u meant to say the penultimate reply Perplex
wink.gif

Anyway I'm sorry to SobQt for taking this thread on a wild tangent. Hope u got a lot of inquires from this thread. Heck this is the longest X clan needs players thread around
smile.gif

Well this is my piece, I'll agree to disagree with you on this one Qt.

Finally, the end?

------------------
FingerMagnet@Pakistans.com

G

Or is that pen-penultimate?

Just to keep this thread limping along for a bit longer :]

O

old.sobqt

Well it certainly got me thinking about sexism, racism etc
smile.gif
Still we have the clan members now , so look out for us.

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

I fear no-one apart from my girlfriend when she is stressed, or my mum, my brother as well cause he is bigger than me, anyone better at Q2 than me, actually I fear everyone, help!!

D

DApea!

I fear my brother and hes smaller than me
frown.gif

And i fear LPB's that are good..

And i fear GRAZE !!!!

/me hides

O

old.FingerMagnet

Someone please start a new thread! I know this one has moved through a few topics now but atleast they were all kind of logical steps. But this last twist is one too many. START A NEW TOPIC!

p.s. Sobqt want a friendly against <WDB>? We're a people clan so it could be an all girl clan Vs a all people clan
wink.gif

If u're actually interested (i would be surprise, but hey what do i know?) go to www.hussein.clara.net

The END, Damit!

O

old.[MOD]Psycho

no keep this thread tis good advertising for her clan, lol
nah just join us people we need members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom