With 2 PCs controlling your BB with 1 mouse and keyboard.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Got it working now.
Uber little proggy thanks again for sharing. :D

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds good, now I just need to fetch me a second pc ;d

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Pity my 2nd PC is behind me.

I use a mirror (bought at an opticians when I was trying contact lenses) on my desk at the side of my main monitor to keep an eye on the other PC.

The 2nd pc (XP2600+, Geforce Ti4200) has a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can control it when i need to from the desk of my main PC though it can get a bit confusing due to the image being backwards in the mirror.

This tool sounds handy, but i'd still have the reserved screen problem, need to check if there's anyway to make my 2nd pc display its picture reversed :)

Current setup is pretty handy when I'm levelling tradeskills, can do something more interesting at the same time ;)

Smoothy

Fledgling Freddie
Im having troubles with "mouselook" on the second pc. Char just spins around like a madman :) Does anyone have a solution to this?

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
Can any1 explain me how to configurate it? I downloaded this file: From binaries I downloaded SynergyInstaller-1.3.1.exe, I installed it, and now? I tried read configuration section in webpage but cant understand anything :(
I got computers with the same OS and connected in the same Router

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Guess i'll just stick to controlling multiple pc's until they could get it to output the screen of the other pc to main pc as well.

Useful program in many situations though.

That team wizzie guy should get sponsorship from dell. Can't believe how clean his desk is though - mines covered in all sorts of crap.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
how fast is this? ie, is the client on 2nd pc "playable"? not talking about rvr, but such as buffbot in pve where u have to heal.

currently i'm using tightvnc, but cant get it to work fast enough (got latest beta, tried diff settings, using 8bit colors, have 100mbit between the pcs, etc)... still quite bad fps, for example panning around is very slow.

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
Smoothy said:
Im having troubles with "mouselook" on the second pc. Char just spins around like a madman :) Does anyone have a solution to this?

when the cursor is on the second pc, hit scroll lock (between pause and print screen) to lock the cursor to that monitor, after that it wont be jumpy

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
raid said:
how fast is this? ie, is the client on 2nd pc "playable"? not talking about rvr, but such as buffbot in pve where u have to heal.

currently i'm using tightvnc, but cant get it to work fast enough (got latest beta, tried diff settings, using 8bit colors, have 100mbit between the pcs, etc)... still quite bad fps, for example panning around is very slow.

this program isnt "remote desktop", it just shares your mouse and keyboard to 2+ computers over a network

each computer has to have a monitor

raid

Can't get enough of FH
ceixava said:
this program isnt "remote desktop", it just shares your mouse and keyboard to 2+ computers over a network

each computer has to have a monitor

oic, this is why one should actually read the thread before posting i think :(

Smoothy

Fledgling Freddie
ceixava said:
when the cursor is on the second pc, hit scroll lock (between pause and print screen) to lock the cursor to that monitor, after that it wont be jumpy

Still not working properly..
I use the ctrl button for mouselook and when i press it down char keeps spinning left if cursor was on left side of screen and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom