STEAM Witcher 3

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
OK, I tried two things:
thing one - Ran with FXAA on, 2x DSR so game shows 3620x2036 simulated on my 1440p native , nvidia control panel AA set to override game settings, and in game everything ultra except medium shadows, high grass and high foliage view distance, HBAO+, the DSR rez, no AA, and no friggin hair I get a fairly constant 50-55FPS and the game looks quite pretty. DSR is Maxwell cards only though.

thing two: ran at native rez and in game everything ultra except medium shadows, high grass and high foliage view distance, HBAO+, ingame AA, and no hair I get 70-80FPS and the game looks really awesome.

I found that faffing about with Blur, DOF, SSAO vs HBAO+ etc makes no real difference to my FPS. Hair on/off is instant 12ish FPS hit or gain. Didn't really look at other things chums; just turned in my thesis concept and I am dead to the world :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Getting around 55fps with everything on Ultra with my 290 and no hairworks.

Going to have a fiddle tonight to get it to the steady magical 60fps

Edit, that's at 1080.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Bought it this morning, final exam in two hours then its witcher time baby woo

Poag

m00?
Tried to load up witcher 2 on my Win8.1 device to see if i fancied W3. Damn thing wont start.

Has anyone gone into W3 with no previosu Witcher games played? What are your thoughts on combat and gameplay from that perspective?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Will let you know tonight, played Witcher 1 quite a lot (2 play throughs) but didn't really like Witcher 2, not sure why, just didn't.

From reading the reviews it seems quite different to the previous games anyway.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Getting around 55fps with everything on Ultra with my 290 and no hairworks.

Going to have a fiddle tonight to get it to the steady magical 60fps

Edit, that's at 1080.
So that website was reporting actual bollocks then?

Seems like it'll run well on my rig at 1080p. Although I would have liked to have nice hair.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I dunno, this was last night so after a bunch of patches.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
So that website was reporting actual bollocks then?

Seems like it'll run well on my rig at 1080p. Although I would have liked to have nice hair.

Seems those benchmarks were on the pre-release version. The day 1 patch improved a LOT of things including performance.

TdC

I would have liked to have nice hair.

with the patch you can set Hairworks to "Geralt Only", so you can now mince around all #gotuplikethis #nomakeup if you want, Leglarington and only take a 10FPS hit or so :)

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
with the patch you can set Hairworks to "Geralt Only", so you can now mince around all #gotuplikethis #nomakeup if you want, Leglarington and only take a 10FPS hit or so :)

While it may be nice to see his flowing locks blowing in the wind, the best hair effects are on the monsters and you'd miss out on those with Geralt Only.

It does make me laugh though. Only a gamer could justify spending £600 on a new SLI setup just so the barmaid had a nicer ponytail :LOL:

TdC

true that. I'll see if I can swing it and maybe get some vids up. been a while since I recorded gameplay. think Skyrim was the last time.

leggy

Probably Scottish

10 fps for hair? Jesus I think I'll stick with a shit do.

TdC

I'm getting good results with turning off AA in-game and overriding it with the Nvidia Control-Panel settings. In the game everything is maxed out except shadows and foliage distance both on high, AA turned off. Nvidia cp settings like so:

witcher_nvidia.PNG

getting well over 70FPS constantly, except towns where things drop to around 60FPS. Game looks great so far. Tried to take some screens for you guys but neither prtsc or F12 did anything for me :-(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm getting good results with turning off AA in-game and overriding it with the Nvidia Control-Panel settings. In the game everything is maxed out except shadows and foliage distance both on high, AA turned off. Nvidia cp settings like so:

View attachment 25134

getting well over 70FPS constantly, except towns where things drop to around 60FPS. Game looks great so far. Tried to take some screens for you guys but neither prtsc or F12 did anything for me :-(
Fraps for screens.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

View attachment 25134

F12 is default for screenies on steam.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
After playing some more, I'm really impressed.
It sets a really high standard in everything except it's combat systems :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Combat is ok. Nothing new but not bad. Just completed the orchard area got to the next place. Had some good fights nice puzzels. Lvl 4 :). Better than the last two witchers imo

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
on amd cards hairworks seems to have a massive effect on fps. Getting a reasonably steady 60fps with it off and all on ultra except water and shadows that are set to high. Hairworks on and it drops to 40ish.

leggy

Probably Scottish
on amd cards hairworks seems to have a massive effect on fps. Getting a reasonably steady 60fps with it off and all on ultra except water and shadows that are set to high. Hairworks on and it drops to 40ish.

I think I might be ok with the card I have then. Will purchase as soon as I have completed 2.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Good game. Love the childrens cardgame "Gwen".

Although, every goddamn quest is so looooooooong and tedious. Quests are feeling more and more like an obstacle put there on purpose by the devs to buy some time in between the main story.

I had to put up a fucking theatrical play.. What the fuck. Inventory will be littered with items very quick, so you need to manage your inventory at all times and throw away old notes. Level-system is not the best either.

Conclusions: Remove any gameplay-related mechanic except the Gwen-cardgame bit, and make that particular thingy advance the main story.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The horse regularly pisses me off. And it has a shit name!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, riding through a small village or town and getting stuck on every little fence, stairs or w/e.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The horse should be called Danger or Superhoof. To me, Superhoof! Sounds better than Roach

TdC

I'm stuck in my Skyrim ways and never use the horse anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom