Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings

Helme

Resident Freddy
Use Quen and Yrden, the traps are really useful as well.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Got this the other, about time I bought a game in a genre I'm good at (bloody strategy :E )

Must say its quite good so far, the combat is a little dissapointing and the targetting system was shat out by the devil himsself, but the writings brilliant, its not too hard on my ageing system and theres seemingly lots of depth.

Taking it very slow atm, I tend to rush through new games and miss good bits out so making sure I get everything/talk to everyone etc. The interface could do with a bit of tweaking/modding though. Anyone know of any good mods to keep an eye on yet?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I was with you until you said something bad about Baldur's Gate 2.

BURN HIM.

Yep, I just went back and reinstalled BG 1 & 2 plus expansions. The story is just that good.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Was DA2 that bad? Loved first one but never got around to playing the second.

It was bloody poor compared to the first, it was DLC quality at best, in no way a sequel of any kind.

Helme

Resident Freddy
It gets easier, unfortunately but it's still leagues above most other games in the genre when it comes to difficulty. Which is kind of a sad comment on the current state of games :(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
There were really only two moments that were difficult for me, and I dealt with them by dropping 10-20 traps before "popping" the enemies :)

Geralt is a Witcher. Make use of everything he has!

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Just can't find the motivation to get through Witcher2. The combat annoys me. The "hit, roll, Quen, hit, roll" thing is just not capturing me.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Just can't find the motivation to get through Witcher2. The combat annoys me. The "hit, roll, Quen, hit, roll" thing is just not capturing me.

That easily the worst change they made in Witcher 2. The combat system in 1 with all the combo's was one of it's strongest elements. Now its just boring.

I picked up Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga in the Steam sale recently. Despite being being a "cheap" Dragon Age 2 / Witcher 2 clone it has one thing both those lack. It's fun.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I picked up Divinity II - Dragon Knight Saga in the Steam sale recently. Despite being being a "cheap" Dragon Age 2 / Witcher 2 clone it has one thing both those lack. It's fun.

Lol?

Divinity 2 release date: January 5, 2010

Dragon Age 2: March 8, 2011

Witcher 2: May 17, 2011

Yes Divinity 2 is clearly a clone of those 2 games, it was after all only released a year and a half earlier....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom