Confused Wireless card not connecting to network

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I built a computer for the woman. It's got farily old components. Running XP Pro, SP2. Got an old wireless G PCI network card. I know it works because it was on my computer. However, it doesn't work properly in hers. Connects to BTOpenzone, connects to my network when there's no security but it won't connect when there is, doesn't matter what type of security I choose either.

Running a windows update now but if that doesn't work I'm completely stumped.

Any ideas?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I had a problem where a Network Card would auto connect to Openzone. I had to delete the Wireless Network I wanted to connect to and the Openzone Network from the Networks list then try to join it again. But as soon as it joined an Openzone Network again the problem came back.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Bah, turns out it was a smalll setting in the bowels of the settings. Was set to AES instead of TKIP for some reason. I win.

EDIT: Your problems seems to be that the wireless card is failing to set Openzone to manual. Mine connected to that firt off but once I disconnected it went to manual and my main network is automatic. Try reinstalling the card?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it is the card it does not join networks in the order it should it just latches onto any unsecured network. I will swap it out eventually but for now I am using a USB dongle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom