Winners are up

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
aint fussed got guild beta or pre order beta to come so this was just another hopeful way of gettin into beta that lil bit earlier

lol and the secret link is still up go click it again u might win :p

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
aint fussed got guild beta or pre order beta to come so this was just another hopeful way of gettin into beta that lil bit earlier

lol and the secret link is still up go click it again u might win :p

Hopefully they'll annouce the 100 that hit the link to get into beta soon!

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
well i blame the freck up theres was NO way of knowing if the 'broken' links worked or not, i'm guessing it ended up drawn at random, can't prove ethier way but I'm pissed that it was poorly handled as I know both myself and my mother got there very fast after the fix.

Word to the wise NEVER use flash nav for sites php/html is the ONLY way to go

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
kinda hopin since the april newsletter is about guilds it might mean guild beta opening up soon

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
well i blame the freck up theres was NO way of knowing if the 'broken' links worked or not, i'm guessing it ended up drawn at random, can't prove ethier way but I'm pissed that it was poorly handled as I know both myself and my mother got there very fast after the fix.

Word to the wise NEVER use flash nav for sites php/html is the ONLY way to go

well, I don't want to break your anger or anything, but the chance to be with the 10 first in an event like that is very slim anyways. If you say your mother and you were very fast, I'd put my hopes on the normal beta-invite (so not on the free CE box).

I'm surprised I didn't win though, with my PC only opening the right page this morning :)

Anyways, if any of the winners check freddyshouse: Grats all of you!

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Were still in with a slim chance on the other 100.... fingers crossed for you all fellas!

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
Waiting for the 100-winner list now too :). They seem to have removed the post from yesterday regarding it, though :eek: .

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
Were still in with a slim chance on the other 100.... fingers crossed for you all fellas!

BWAHAHAH, uncross them for me mate, no chance here. I only got to open the page this morning, so unless they suddenly have a consolation price for the idiot who clicked the link as nr 10000 or something like that, I won't win :)

So I'm still hoping on my story... I think my story 'About High Elves and Chocolate Chip Cookies' on the war-rvr forum has the best shot at winning :) Pure spoken in chances though it would be my speech of a Witch Hunter on the only-war forum. Reality teaches me I won't win anything though (but I also won't spend £60 (+-90 eruos) on a CE box, so you all probably won't see me in the beta :( But as long as you guys test out the McFlury-tactic for defending keeps, and also call it the McFlury-tactic I'll be happy as a 3yearold who gets a sugar cane :) )

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure mate tbh..... I cant imagine there were actually as many people as you might think looking for the link and waiting at the countdown, take into consideration all the people at work with no access and then the various time differences, also the fact that this was for Europeans only so that scrubs hundreds and hundres of thousands more people off the list that may of otherwise tried.

I'd be very suprised if one or 2 of us from here dont get in!

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
well think i got it round 3ish and im pretty certain i aint won lol sure some from FH did and gratz to em :)

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
(puts on conspiracy theory hat) Why are there no mentions of the extra 100 beta slots past the first 10 CE winners? :p

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
Goodluck guys, didnt get into the site as it kept freezing on me for about an hour, so i dont have chance.

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
(puts on conspiracy theory hat) Why are there no mentions of the extra 100 beta slots past the first 10 CE winners? :p
because those 10 are most important ones. I mean, everybody is buying their CE boxes now, how do you think those people would feel if they buy a box and then hear they actually won one for free? That's basically 60 pounds down the drain.

Or the other way around, people wait to buy a box because there's a chance they won. Then they hear they didn't win, but basically are too late to buy a CE box, now that would be rather frustrating too.

And those 100 other names are probably not as easily just posted, they might send the beta invite mails to those tomorrow or something I think.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
No no I totally agree with you, it is very slim with page loading times etc etc it's very hard to do but I personally am more annoyed about the error on the site stopped anyone from actally entering at all, so even if you were the first the site itself may not have credited you at all, and weather or not the site actally credited the players who bypassed the error by essentally crashing the page via F5 we'd never know..

Plus the fact it didn't actally state IF you ethier won the first 10 slots or the 100 other beta keys just 'you may be' so like i said even if you were spot on with your timing who knows if you actally get credited for it, so the actal winners may not win anything at all, tin foil hat moment but note how it just states the names NOT times, whos to say it wasn't just random in the end due to the issues at hand, not saying GOA would do such a thing but how do we the players know those players were the first.:ninja:

With the site being flash based and prone to errors plus the fact it's a 'first X' contest and still stating 'congrats' after the event, it would have been far better to state eveyone that found the link is randomally drawn so we can't have this 'I was first' issue when according to the site you may not have even logged in. Due to the site issues it was kinda badly handled, but I can't say that any company have not fell over their own feet in the past, so far it's not had too muchh fall back just very frustrated players that will quite happly forgive them once the game is out and playing :D

It was one really good event and it's lessened the blow of the delay it was a good PR move but due to the error and £600 of prizes at stake, you have to forgive everyone to be a little pissed today, it is like winning the lottery but losing the ticket :(, I really wanted the CED model just to have it displayed with my army with pride as I can't really afford to slash out £60 on just a box. I do hope theres more events like that which require luck not any telent, just please if you are going to use a site make sure it works first, good event there GOA shame the site 'opps'ed.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
you can buy mine off me kremlik ;P pm me round sept lol

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
because those 10 are most important ones. I mean, everybody is buying their CE boxes now, how do you think those people would feel if they buy a box and then hear they actually won one for free? That's basically 60 pounds down the drain.

Or the other way around, people wait to buy a box because there's a chance they won. Then they hear they didn't win, but basically are too late to buy a CE box, now that would be rather frustrating too.

And those 100 other names are probably not as easily just posted, they might send the beta invite mails to those tomorrow or something I think.

That's not my point, my point is why is there no mention like "The 100 beta slot winners list will be coming soon!" or whatnot? I already have my CE pre-ordered, to counter your misunderstood points anyway you can always just cancel a pre-order :). I'm just wondering if the 100-extra winners are going to be forgotten about since there's zip to mention it ever existed now on their site.

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
Chipper We'll see lol

and agreeing with golden here on the pre-order issue, NO money should be taken out of your account until the actal product is dispacted to you or is in their hands, like with GAME UK, they had the pre-ording up but shouldn't be charging you and now can't at all as the UK stores wont even have the product to even sell to you, if they have taken money off you, they've basically conned you out of money, broken the law, and put them in the &^*"!

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
It's under "Secret link winners! Find out if you're a lucky winner below."

Still no mention of the beta slot winners though :(.

Amadeus

Fledgling Freddie
Weird, I had to refresh loads of times before that came up. I'm more interested in the 100 beta spots tho :twak:

GoldenTiger

Loyal Freddie
Yeah I noticed that aswell! certainly a unique name..... either that or made up!

Pseudonym!

LOL... just kidding... who knows.

/hopes for official word on the beta slot winners soon
/me is very tired of the long wait for everything from tidbits of info to contest winners :(

(breathes deeply)

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom