Windows Update

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
how come Windows Update wants to install NVIDIA display software update released on October 06 2003 ?

TELL ME DAMN IT

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Panda

Without knowing the specifics, it may just be that the drivers are available on Windows Update are digitally signed and Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) certified. In most cases, it's safe to ignore any such listings if your drivers are already relatively up to date.

If in doubt, just visit nVidia's Driver Download page and grab the latest reference drivers. More often than not, installing the latest drivers will remove any Windows Update prompts, and of course will also bring the added benefits of having the latest stable drivers for your product.

Kind Regards

Will

/bin/su
Cleaned up and banished to the depths of the hardware forums.

Though I should have cleaned it up a little more. My mod powers are weak here, unfortunately.

Will

/bin/su
Jonty said:
Thanks Will :)

Kind Regards
Any time.

I'm subscribed to this forum, so it's not really the depths. Though I still want it named "FreeBSD and other inferior OS's forum"

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
Though I still want it named "FreeBSD and other inferior OS's forum"

lol :p Not that you're in anyway biased on the subject? I;) bet FreeBSD doesn't have a 'FreeBSDUpdate' (not that it, or its users, would really need such a thing).

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. For what it's worth, Panda, WindowsUpdate v5 is now being tested and is supposed to improve somewhat on the existing system.

Will

/bin/su
Jonty said:
lol :p Not that you're in anyway biased on the subject? I;) bet FreeBSD doesn't have a 'FreeBSDUpdate' (not that it, or its users, would really need such a thing).
Ah-ha, but it does.

It's just not quite as simple...and I did break my entire install once...but when you have the supfiles set up correctly, it will update itself automagically.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
Ah-ha, but it does.

It's just not quite as simple...and I did break my entire install once...but when you have the supfiles set up correctly, it will update itself automagically.
Sounds interesting, apart from the possibility of breaking entire installs, hehe :) Perhaps one day I'll try FreeBSD, but I'm somewhat of a Microsoft lackie at the moment (for good or bad).

Kind Regards

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
It's just not quite as simple.

"simple" being less than the two commands needed:

cvsup <supfile>
portupgrade -ra

:) ?

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Though I still want it named "FreeBSD and other inferior OS's forum"
Surely the above implies that FreeBSD is also an inferior OS? But inferior to what? Surely you're not bowing down in homage to MS? ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Will's being smart and allowing for the option that he may yet encounter an OS that is better than FreeBSD. It just hasn't happened yet ;)

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
Cheers once again Jonty!

I just spent 10 minutes looking for this, i suppose its my own fault for just posting it in general but why bother putting it in the right forum when someone else does that for you? :)

oh yeah and Stay on Topic damn it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom