Win98 Laptop driver problem

dr_jo

Fledgling Freddie
Machine Spec: Compaq Armada M700, Windows 98 Second edition. Fuller Specs
I'm afraid I don't know which exact system she's running, as it's an old machine and all packaging was lost a long time ago.

Hi,
I was wondering whether anyone might be able to throw some new ideas at a problem I've been having with a friend's laptop. We're trying to connect it to the internet in Uni halls, and it's in need of drivers for the network adaptor.
But having installed the drivers, we get an error message saying that the device is not working properly, and that the drivers may need updating.

It's a Compaq Armada M700, and we've been installing the Intel Pro/100+Mini PCI (downloaded from the compaq page). It asks for the win98 disk on install, which we've given it.

Part way through the driver install, it says that it's failed to install the driver, giving error code 1F6. I've been unable to find out what that means... After a reboot it then installs fine.

The card itself seems to recognise that it has an internet connection available, because the little green light where it's plugged in flashes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,

Jo

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd *shudders* like to offer a microsoft solution to this problem, and advise you to upgrade to windows 2000 or greater. I'm sure uni halls abound with copies of such software dr_jo :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom