Help Win 7 updates

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I have just done a fresh win 7 install on a laptop but i cant get the updates to download

Apparently there was a problem a few years ago with the updates so when you do a fresh install the updates just hang. I have downloaded and tried to get all sorts of patches to work, but i am getting nowhere.....please help

Its Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 installed

Help me Freddy-one-kenobi.....your'e my only hope

Edmond

Yes I have the disc and key, it's activated

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it trying to do the updates or is it telling you that it's up to date? I'd just leave it on and connected to the internet overnight and check on it in the morning.

Edmond

It's trying to search for updates, I've been doing this all week, it's doing nothing.
There are loads of people having the same issue on forums, but nothing I download seems to work

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's trying to search for updates, I've been doing this all week, it's doing nothing.
There are loads of people having the same issue on forums, but nothing I download seems to work
Its not supported any more is it? Maybe theyturned the updates off?

Edmond

Its not supported any more is it? Maybe theyturned the updates off?
Yes it is, it's XP that's not supported. Win 7 is supported til 2020

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No error code? Can you manually download and install service pack 1?

Edmond

No error code? Can you manually download and install service pack 1?
SP1 is installed already. no error codes, it just hangs

Its a known issue, apparently there was a glitch in an update in one of the roll outs and its causing this to happen, there are loads of tutorials about what the problem is but nothing i try is working

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Try July's Rollup Update. This should get you into a position where you can patch.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3172605

After you have installed it, it will take an age to return new updates as it has to rebuild an update list for 8 years. One recently took 3 days to return from checking for updates after a fresh install.

Edmond

Try July's Rollup Update. This should get you into a position where you can patch.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3172605

After you have installed it, it will take an age to return new updates as it has to rebuild an update list for 8 years. One recently took 3 days to return from checking for updates after a fresh install.

All i get with these downloads are a pop up like this........
Capture.PNG

......which i have to open task manager to close down

Edmond

You need to just leave that running.
There are no updates on the there for it to find, its a fresh install. I left it running for 2 days

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Don't close them, I know it looks like it is doing nothing but give it time if you can.

Another option is to build an image with the updates in.
The Last Windows 7 ISO You’ll Ever Need: How to Slipstream the Convenience Rollup

Long winded but sorts the issue out. I now have one of these with Junes roll up for work.

But I have found just giving it stupid ammounts of time fixes the issue. Start the rollup install, go to bed, go to work, check it then. No amount of removing and renaming files fixed it for me, but this did.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I've had the exact same thing happen to me when working on a PC for my mum (got her an E8400 / 4gb ram SFF HP), the desktop i put up for her has more than 1 problem (PSU being one).

So instead of wasting a lot of time identifying and fixing her desktop, I got her the HP Elite Compaq 8000 SFF PC.

Deployed Windows 7, tried to update - nothing would come up. Went through a lot of troubleshooting and resetting WU components, nothing worked. The rollups were not of help either.

Lo and behold, I slapped Windows 10 on there, end of story.

W10Privacy - Datenschutz leicht gemacht - W10Privacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom