Will you be trying classic?

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
I play battlegrounds because I have never liked ToA, for me it isnt the fact that it takes ages, its more the fact that classes can do all kinds of crazy shit that just makes it a bit dull, I prefer it more simple. So the new 'classic' server is exactly what I want. I know plenty of other people who solely play BG's for the same reason.

So my question is, will Thid die when Glastonbury (classic server) comes out?

Are you not going to play it at all, going to try it but just as an alt server or are you moving over completely?

Also if you are moving, which realm are you going to play and what class?

I am definitly moving, it is likely to be my main server and I would hope to continue playing Thid on excal/pry (as my alt server) if it stays alive. I will be playing a friar on albion.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Will be trying classic on Hib. mostly because i have never gotten to really play hib. Really doubt Thid will die though :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
I play battlegrounds because I have never liked ToA, for me it isnt the fact that it takes ages, its more the fact that classes can do all kinds of crazy shit that just makes it a bit dull, I prefer it more simple. So the new 'classic' server is exactly what I want. I know plenty of other people who solely play BG's for the same reason.

Step in the right direction to remove Toa and provide a 'Classic Server' - especially from the Battlegrounds point of view. It should never have been allowed in there in the first place. It never was meant for low levels and was an oversight from Mythic I bet. I mean I read these posts about how 'uber' someone is and it more or less boils down to how 'uber' his suit is not how he plays. You can't get the damn stuff unless you are a high level so that is who it was meant for and not to be handed down to low levels. Wish Mythic would take these game changes into account and the repercussions of not thinking them through properly.

Will I play on a classic server? Dunno. Probably be there than anywhere else though for sure.

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
Im tempted to try out the classic servers but a few things concern me.

Will "big boy" rvr be any different? by the time the average player has got to lvl 50 the uber groups will already have got 50, farmed DS and be around rr5, so not really an even start for the casual.

FG's will run a buffer while soloers will either camp close to towers so they can remain buffed or they will be buffless wonders and generally fodder.

Then there will be the 200+ vampiirs running around (sigh). So is it really worth starting again?

PS: i would be tempted to go alb, the one realm ive not played, but i enjoy my bg fun with maoixil the SM.
Think i gonna wait and see how the populations even out over the servers.

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
never played midgard so i'll be going, be nice to see all the new zones and always wanted to roll a thane for some reason, add the fact i dont have to face warlocks and bonedancers and insanely buffed stealthers, things look rosey :)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Lollie said:
never played midgard so i'll be going, be nice to see all the new zones and always wanted to roll a thane for some reason, add the fact i dont have to face warlocks and bonedancers and insanely buffed stealthers, things look rosey :)
You'll have to face vamps though :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
You'll have to face vamps though :p

There is one solo melee class that is superior to vamps under "classic" rules 1v1, can you guess what it is? :)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Heh, dont not want to play on "classic" ( It is non-toa really) because of several reasons. Not like there arent already enough vamps here anyway. Can imagine 90% of population on the "classic" server will be vamps, bds, warlocks and such :eek:

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
think ill gif it a go personally, i play in a net cafe with some very good players and we were at one stage all about to move to agramon(american classic), so i presume wen a european one comes out there will be a better since of comunity..is there going to be a different classic server for each nationality
eg avalon=german, excal=english etc or will it be like camlann were u neva now wat ne one is sayin ?

tbh i will either play alb/mid, alb if there is a grp of us doin it cause there is a strong urge in that direction, but if not to popular, ill personally go to my fav realm mid and play a solo'er class, even without BB's i think it should be good times,

as for the BG's, i doubt they will take such a popularity in the classic servers, as there is no /lvl noobs, if u have a thid toon it will be done out well, so there will be quite alot of good action id say, according to a mate, thid in agramon was zerged by all 3 realms all the time :p

so hopefully should be a good amount of fun, gif the OP cabalist :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Firstly the two america 'Classic' servers are called Gareth and Lamarok, agramon is the big island in the North Sea. :p

There will be two classic servers, Salisbury and Glastonbury. Salisbury is a German server and Glastonbury is english, so I guess it'll be the excal/pryd community as well as a lot of the french players as there isn't going to be a french classic server.

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Firstly the two america 'Classic' servers are called Gareth and Lamarok, agramon is the big island in the North Sea. :p

There will be two classic servers, Salisbury and Glastonbury. Salisbury is a German server and Glastonbury is english, so I guess it'll be the excal/pryd community as well as a lot of the french players as there isn't going to be a french classic server.

rofl..wont live that one down :p
ya lamorak is wat i meant to say, sounds like it will be good fun and tbh cant wait

wen is it comin out ?

gif /xp off first :p :p

noblok

Part of the furniture
I might be going, if there are some people I know going. It's an "alternative ruleset server" though, not much classic when you can get 101 dex/pie 9% castspeed, 4% damage templates :).

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
I might be going, if there are some people I know going. It's an "alternative ruleset server" though, not much classic when you can get 101 dex/pie 9% castspeed, 4% damage templates :).

anything without toa is classic enogh for me ;)

ZiggY

One of Freddy's beloved
I hope classic server takes off gona roll a troll Skald:D ...mezz all them dam vamps and run off :D

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Enjoy killing the 3 people that bother to make an Alb char btw...

Get rid of all Catacombs classes and id roll there.. until then forget it

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
noblok said:
I actually prefer it this way, my main complaint in the SI days was that with a bit of effort everyone could cap everything that they needed to. So two troll zerkers who were the same RR would actually have exactly same stats, which i find boring.

This way it is impossible to over-cap everything you want, so you have to prioritise, meaning a bit more diversity. To be honest it was mainly the nature of artifacts and MLs that annoyed me, too many abilities on timers, you could be losing a fight then fire off about 7 or 8 insta's (combo of arti affects, ML abilities and RA's) and then be indestructable - thats no fun.

Not to mention that as a solo skald, I found it depressing that about 2/3rd of the people I fought had the same weapon as me (malice).
knighthood said:
Enjoy killing the 3 people that bother to make an Alb char btw...

Get rid of all Catacombs classes and id roll there.. until then forget it
It seems that the majority of people aren't picking the more desirable realms, instead they are playing the realm that they don't currently have access to. I agree that alb will be the under-populated realm, but hopefully not by too much.

As for cata classes, I like the ideas behind all of them (except valk, i think they missed the point there) - they just made them too good. It's just the nature of expansions, sooner or later they'll be nerfed to buggery.

I think whatever happens, Glastonbury will be a lot of fun for about a month, the question is whether it will continue after that.

Porkbelly

Loyal Freddie
im going to try it out to see wat it is like but still not sure wat class to play .

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
gonna go classic, prolly go alb and i dont know if ill go to 50, it depends on who i meet, if i get into a guild etc, could make a bg guild there ^^

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
tthink im gonna auto train a SB there, supposidly there is a new patch comin in were the str poisin is now gonan be a reduction in wep skill not str or summa so SB wont be so nerfed :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
TriggerHappy said:
tthink im gonna auto train a SB there, supposidly there is a new patch comin in were the str poisin is now gonan be a reduction in wep skill not str or summa so SB wont be so nerfed :p
That is the patch which is currently on pendragon, ie it wont be on american servers for another few weeks, so we wont be seeing it until sometime in late feb/early march. You'll be a gimp until then :p

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
That is the patch which is currently on pendragon, ie it wont be on american servers for another few weeks, so we wont be seeing it until sometime in late feb/early march. You'll be a gimp until then :p

never :p
just realised summa while i was flickin through the RvR forum,
Nearsight wont be cureable without the ML's so i reckon a cabalist would be pretty fookin overpowered ftw:p

or an eldrich :p
or mebbe even a runie ftw,mind u i already got one but ya neva know :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
TriggerHappy said:
never :p
just realised summa while i was flickin through the RvR forum,
Nearsight wont be cureable without the ML's so i reckon a cabalist would be pretty fookin overpowered ftw:p

or an eldrich :p
or mebbe even a runie ftw,mind u i already got one but ya neva know :p
Yeah, nearsight and disease will be a pain. They are introducing group cure NS and group cure disease into the healing line of the cleric/druid/healer but that is also in the same patch that we wont get for a few months. So until then cabalists/elds/shamans and RM's will be pretty handy.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:
Yeah, nearsight and disease will be a pain. They are introducing group cure NS and group cure disease into the healing line of the cleric/druid/healer but that is also in the same patch that we wont get for a few months. So until then cabalists/elds/shamans and RM's will be pretty handy.
so the perfector ml 1 spell will be useless after that patch, for the servers who will still have toa :p

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Rhori said:
so the perfector ml 1 spell will be useless after that patch, for the servers who will still have toa :p
Depends on your spec, for those who are high healing then yes, totally useless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom